Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2

Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 (page 3 of 5)

SA987CX, SA987CX-2

Crap unit

Straight out of the box, rollers don't work properly, turntable only turns sometimes as the rollers don't fit the turntable properly. There is no solution by the looks of it, this is a real lemon, don't know why Smeg doesn't just recall this piece of rubbish. Their reputation just keeps going down the sink hole and they don't care. Thanks for the rubbish Smeg.

Jimbo 0811

Thank you Steve, your people have been in touch and they are due to come and replace this unit this Thursday 21st April..Ill let you know how it goes, thank you.

Jimbo 0811

Well Smeg delivered a new cx-2 model to my house and took the old one away. The new unit functions 100% as advertised and there are no issues with it ...thanks Smeg ..

Amanda

AmandaCanberra

Waste of Money

What a waste of money this microwave was. I bought it thinking I was buying quality. It recently started only working when it wants to. Put something in it to cook - no light - no turning - just burnt food on one side. Light works when I open the door though so it's not a bulb problem. This morning the clock decided the time was 38:33. Going to make a complaint to Smeg, so I'll update here what their customer service is like. Will be a good tester because I am considering all Smeg appliances for a new house build I'm doing. Their action/response will definitely help me decide.

chrisspinning

chrisspinningMole Creek Tasmania

Problem solved Thank you

After writing a review about the turntable in my microwave/convection oven not turning around I was contacted by Steve who arranged for the convection microwave to be fixed in Launceston which was done yesterday at Tones and it is now working perfectly. Wonderful customer service. Thank you to all concerned. I will certainly buy Smeg again. Chris Watters.

Gary

GaryHobart

basically very good

The only problem I had is the light kept blowing and after several repairs back to the authorised repairer, I watched how he did it and then repaired it myself 3-4 more times. In the end, I took the microwave back to the authorised repaired than they installed a transformer, made the light a 12 volt and it has never failed.
So finally this microwave that I have had for 6-7 years is brilliant.
I was very supprised to hear from other consumers that the unit carosel failed to turn around

Will not turn more than one revolution - burns food

This microwave is the worst I have ever owned. I bought Smeg because of their reputation for quality, but the turntable will not turn more than one revolution before you hear a popping noise and the spindle driving the turntable detatches from the turning mechanism. Very disappointing, dangerous and clearly poor quality control.

Veritas

VeritasPort Macquarie

Complete Lack of Customer Service in regional areas

Having received an "Error 2" message from our in-built Smeg microwave we contacted the service department who provided 3 local repairers. It is indeed frustrating but not one agent would agree to do a house call.

Based on a complete lack of empathy from both the central service department and local repairers (in Port Macquarie) we will certainly avoid buying any future Smeg appliances when our oven, dishwasher and, microwave need to be replaced.

Brian HaselumMaclean NSW

Disappointed

I purchased the above model from Bing Lee in April this year, 5 short months later I have had to return it to Bing Lee for either repair or replacement. The oven when operating on both convection and microwave vibrated terribly with a lot of noise from behind the dial area. It would appear that some moving part in that area was loose or possibly some bearing wearing out, anyhow I am not happy with this oven. I have owned a Panasonic Convection/Microwave oven that lasted for years and wore out with continual use. Seems to me that quality control is not as good as it should be

Brian Haselum

When it works I love it!!

I'm on my third replacement oven in just over two years. The last one was going strong (Oct 2013) until this last malfunction. Within 30 seconds the oven was full of smoke, my kitchen now smells of burnt toast. The oven still turns on and goes round but no heat. I have contacted Smeg who gave me a number for the service agent, a fair way from me. As much as I love it when it works and it matches my range oven, don't think I can be bothered, I certainly don't have the time. Not cheap, waste of money. Big shame!!

Sharron

**Update#2. True to Steve's word in wanting to help......he did. My beloved Smeg is working fine again. Thank you.

Marie

Microwave problems have occurred for years.

I bought the SA985CX 7 years ago. Microwave excellent. Convection oven faulty. Often 'stops' heating before it completes the pre-warmer cycle! Then have to wait 15 mins for it to cool down and start again. I should have returned it 7 years ago, but as I have a SMEG double oven used that one. Now that the kids left home I need the smaller oven. After reading reviews of updated model, disappointing that key issues remain with SMEG microwaves.

Fisher paykel hater

Fisher paykel haterNarara

Mine caught fire too

About 3 months ago mine also caught fire! I also did not put any metal in it just food! When the flames were put out it was very smelly. After much cleaning it still worked until today when it decided not to heat anything the fan lights and controls all seem to work however no heat. I have sent [name removed] an email and wait his response. I am worried for other purchasers if this is something this model should be recalled for.

Erynne

ErynneBrisbane

Awful!

After purchasing this model, This is the third microwave we have had in 2 years as they keep being replaced due to the SMEG faults in this model. The latest one has now caused a fire for food that was in there less than two minutes (and no I didn't put metal in there, I'm not stupid!) Would not recommend or buy SMEG appliances again!

MarieSydney

Smeg Very Poor Quality

I bought TWO. Looked great! In weeks I was back to Bing Lee who tried to help. Less than a year later I was replacing the bulbs. I bought new rollers for the turntables. They still didn't turn. One of them now operates for ten or fifteen minutes and then shuts down.
Such a bad choice I made. I now have to find two more to fit into the already existing Trim Kit.

Do not buy!

Well I wish I had read these reviews before going ahead with buying this crappy microwave....Firstly the globe blew after a month....took it back to Harvey Norman and they replaced it...now it doesn't rotate and that was from day 1....was going to get a third but after reading the reviews i am not going to bother...gonna start using my old reliable Panasonic again!!!

light bulb blew after 2 weeks

Purchased 2 weeks ago and the light bulb blew out. Looks like this occurs frequently by other posters in the forum. Also makes a metallic popping noise while cooling down, like the internal cavity is decompressing.

Bella

Too many problems for the price

Jasp

JaspMelbourne

Microwave will not heat up. Faulty product.

This product is faulty. The convection oven will not heat up, I've wasted time and food trying to bake/cook in it.
I am taking it back to place of purchase for a full refund as it is not fit for purpose. Won't be buying a smeg again.
(Now I will reinstate my old panasonic convection microwave, glad I didn't sell it. An oldie but it cooks!)

Give it a miss !!!

Purchased Microwave and it was DOA on arrival, if you turn the timer dial it flicks between 10sec and 60 minutes no other time is able to be sent ... back to Harvey's. Had a smeg previous to this and was happy, but now that I have done some research in trying to fault find, will see what else I can get.

Azza
Azza

Thank you for your quick reply Steve, will contact you via email off line. By way of update item has been returned to HN. Cheers, Adrian

Richard

RichardParramatta sydney

Perfect service

I brought a convection microwave over ,,,,it had probs but smeg service was excellent no hassle fix it can't say higher about this company ver happy

Lilly

LillyMelbourne

No major problems so far

Turntable leaves black laminate everywhere

Sadly, I bought this product based on Smeg's exceptional reputation. The turntable, for months, has been flaking its external laminate. Using the microwave option tonight, my microwave popcorn was arcing lightning even though I used the correct directions. I am disgusted with what I paid for the unit and the shoddy workmanship and meal results :(

Mel Walker

Thank you Steve at Smeg for sending me a new turntable ASAP. I will post a more positive review (hopefully!) when I have trialled it in my old unit.

Mel Walker

Thank you for sending me a new turntable. Unfortunately in the last 2 weeks it has arced lightning again. I tried to use the microwave function tonight. Though it powered up, the food was still cold at the end of the cook :(

See all Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 reviews

Geoff M

Geoff Masked

SA987CX / SA987CX-2

The turntable of our SMEG SA987CX-2 is malfunctioning and struggles to turn when a large dish is placed on it. Where can I get it fixed? I live in Newcastle.

Philippa T
Philippa T

Good luck with that Geoff. I called the distributor in Camberwell, Melbourne with my problem and they arranged a technician to attend. They `fixed' it - but not.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Geoff M,
Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number. Please mark the email to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

Bob

Bobasked

SA987CX

I have a SMEG sa987cx-1 but the globe needs replacing. Is there 2 globes ? How do change the globes over ?

bkcel24

bkcel24asked

SA987CX-2

We have always had SMEG microwaves with no issues. My husband has bought a new one with the grilling feature however every time I use the microwave to heat things up - the condensation that is left in there is not something I’ve ever seen before. It stays wet until the next time I open the door. I don’t think this is normal. Thoughts?

Jules
Jules

Yes, I have had the same problem and just wipe it out each time when it happens. I really don't like it at all. We had an cheap Aldi microwave just whilst we were building and I wish I never got rid of it as it was much better. I also think they just use plastic crappy material to make there products now. They certainly don't make things as they use to.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi bkcel24, thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then organise an inpsection of your appliance. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Jules, thanks for your feedback as well - we would also love to have an opportunity to assist you with your problem, can you email us also with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. We await your information. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives