Smeg SFA6309X

Smeg SFA6309X

MPN: 35917159

A nuclear reactor would be easier to operate.

This is simply the most difficult, incomprehensible appliance to operate I have ever encountered. Adjusting the clock is a terror, the instruction manual like a parody of impossible instructions. Before you even consider buying one of these, find an instruction manual online, read it, and decide if you want to put that much time into simply using an over.

Purchased in April 2013.

Product is used: Weekly
Lesley R.Smeg

Stove top has stopped working twice and now the pyroletic oven has stopped working also

For an expensive oven and stove top I would expect it to last more than 7 years. The stove top ($2,500) has stopped working twice and now the pyroletic oven ($2,700) has stopped working also and cannot be repaired. Hopefully they will replace, but would prefer my money back as I don't want to have to deal with these on going issues. Would not recommend to anyone.

Purchased in November 2012 at Betta Superstore for $2,700.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Rodney M.Smeg
Whelsa

WhelsaDunlop 2615, ACT

An expensive bomb in your kitchen

I have had this oven for 3 years and it has exploded twice during the pyroletic clean. Luckily for me the repair company has replaced the glass for free both times with no hassle, but even they are shocked. This oven is dangerous and you would not want to be in the kitchen when it explodes as it shoots burning hot beads of glass everywhere. With the number of people reporting the same issue with their pyroletic ovens they should have done a product recall for safety reasons. I have since purchased a new dishwasher, washing machine and fridge and told the sales people that I would not purchase Smeg appliances again.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
RSB

RSBAU

Great oven controls took a while to get used to

They look great, we have 2 ovens, they heat very quickly. Have been too scared to use the pyro cleaning after reading some reviews. Found the controls a little strange as in took a while to get used to the functions, need to read the manual a few times, but once used to it great and overall very happy.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Ella

EllaMelbourne

Oven heats up so quickly and cooks really well

This oven heats up super fast and on fan bake it cooks quickly and crisps up food nicely. Its easy to clean and the trays pull out smoothly without tipping. The only downside is it takes a long time to cool down, which is accompanied by the sound of a loud cooling fan.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

TLS

TLSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantasic

The oven was purchased for it's good looks, as you never know about performance until you actually use it. The Smeg does not disappoint, not just a pretty face! Even cooking, great functions with the timer and a beep when pre heating is finished. The self cleaning mode is amazing, never scrubbing an oven again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Snowgirl

SnowgirlSydney

Best Oven I ever had

I had a Miele oven and quite happy with it when it broke kept spending money on repairing. Finally, I made up with my mind to buy a Smeg and it is truly money worth spent. I use my oven a lot of baking, almost on a daily basis. This oven is quiet, has so many functions and I can rely on it for temperature control and even baking without turning my baked good back and forth. I would recommend this oven.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Kathy D

Kathy DNorthern Region, NSW

Cooks to perfection

This is the first oven I have actually chosen (others have come with the house) and I am very satisfied with the results so far. I don't have to rotate dishes or trays to get even browning and it is relatively easy to use. There are a lot of functions I haven't tried out yet as II tend to stick to a favourite few but I'll become more adventurous soon!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Mandy

MandyCoal point

GREAT Oven!!

It's always a gamble buying an oven until you start using it! Really happy with the results achieved with baking in this model. Looks fabulous but delivers on everything the brochure said it would do. The glass isn't dangerous and the functionality is simple to work out. Recommended to you

Date PurchasedMar 2018

BroomeBroome

Oven fantastic to cook/bake in... but DON'T use the Pyrolytic Cleaning Cycle

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Flint82

Flint82Berwick

Second Smeg, works a charm

This is our second smeg. We just redid our kitchen with freedom and decided to go inwall instead of stand alone. This over has been great. I went from baking with gas to with electric and it's amazing how much more consistent the heat is. East to clean and a great appliance.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

KAMI

KAMI

Great appliance

I am extremelly happy with my Smeg oven. I love the modern Italian design but most importantly the functionality. It comes with manual, that explains clearly how to operate the oven and it is easy to understand even if you are not a technical wiz. It bakes and grills great and the self-clean program is just fantastic. I am very happy :)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Mags

MagsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best oven ever

Ive had this oven for 5 years now its roast and bakes at a very high quaility. Its easy to keep clean. The oven comes with several oven tray to help cook multiple items together. Its great if you have young kids as it glass door never gets hot while cooking at high temperatures.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Jess x

Jess xPerth

Good for baking but don’t use the pyrolytic cycle

I bought this oven hoping that it would replace my old oven which cooked food unevely. It was very good in that respect that all my baked goods were cooked evenly. Everything was fine until I tried to put it on its first pyrolytic cycle and the front door glass exploded (while I was standing in front of it and 37 weeks pregnant!!). Claiming warranty was not a simple process either, the company was refusing to replace the whole oven (wanted to just replace the door) but with numerous glass shards in the fan at the back, I was not risking that with my food!!

Date PurchasedDec 2013
EB55

EB55Perth

Was sceptical but very impressed

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dan

Danadelaide

love Smeg

my wife and i bought two Smeg ovens and we did our major reno this year on house in Adelaide. After using a 1980s oven for over ten years to then have two Smeg ovens its been amazing They are easy to use and the self cleaning option is great. Thanks Smeg.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

MartinSydney, NSW

Internal Glass has just exploded. Truly dangerous oven. Do not buy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rodney M.Smeg

MARNA

MARNA

Most user unfriendly oven I have ever used

Nothing about my new smeg oven is user friendly. The knobs are both confusing and counter intuitive. The user manual is unhelpful in its lack of information and detail.
The griller shelf and tray are badly positioned. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
The fan pre heating and cooling down is noisy and blows in your face.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Adam

Adam

Cooks OK, but the clever digital panel is ridiculous

We had the previous model and were quite happy with it. It used to have analogue dials, very user friendly. The new digital version is a disaster. So hard to work out how to use it. My wife hates it and so do I. Stick to the simple and you'll be a lot happier. Not sure what to do now because it has cost so much money we don't want to lose a packet selling it and buying a new one.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Zaha2021

Zaha2021Fairy Meadow

Ok but hate the control panel

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Deb W.asked

Hi
Does this oven have a child lock?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Deb W - this model does have a child lock. It is on page 23 of the user manual.
Child Lock mode: This mode allows the appliance to lock the controls automatically after one minute of normal operation without any intervention from the user.During normal operation it is indicated by the indicator light coming on.
To temporarily release the lock during cooking, hold the programming knob down for 5 seconds. One minute after the last setting the lock will become active again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

HI
the manual i downloaded shows page 23 "Cleaning & Maintenance"?
Can you please send me a screen shot?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Deb , please email us your email address and we can send you the complete Manual kind regards Smeg Australia

Freda

Fredaasked

Hi, I have a SFPA6300X Pyrolytic oven. I have read through the manual re using the pyrolytic cycle . Having turned the knob to the symbol "P" the duration of 2 hours displays but then nothing happens (there is no flashing thermostat light) and i cannot see anywhere in the manual that I need to do anything else to start it. I'm rather concerned, having read some previous questions, that if I do get it to work that the glass may explode!
Also, I tried to change the clock time at end of summer but when I press the clock symbol for the 2 seconds it goes straight to Timed Cooking and the Bell symbol appears. Please advise

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Freda. Thanks for your enquiry. Can you please contact us direct so that we can guide you through this process? Our telephone number is 02 8667 4888. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Lyn Rowles
Lyn Rowles

We have a smeg oven that’s approximately 15 years old. After cooking in it earlier we turned it off but light continues to be on. We have tried manually by opening door and touching micro switch but light is still on ?

JoyW

JoyWasked

What is the tray above the elements for?

Steve C.Smeg

Hi JoyW the tray above the grill element is to stop the roof of the oven from getting dirty, the tray will get dirty then you can remove the tray and clean it.
Regards Smeg tech support

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryWall Ovens