Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Style and technology indeed!

As a committed gas oven girl, I was determined to replace my deteriorating oven with a newer gas model - until I saw this! Love at first sight and having used it for two months, I am also in love with it's technology. I hadn't realised what hard work my old oven had become, and this is so easy to use. Suits my country/retro kitchen perfectly with it's minimalist styling and very impressed with most things I've cooked so far, and when I'm not so pleased it's usually operator error. I've yet to try all of it's functions but I'm confident that they will also perform as well as those I have tried. I also have the Victoria 60cm gas cooktop which suits perfectly and find it very easy to clean At long last love!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

grossignolSydney, NSW

I LOVE THIS !!!!!

New products should be much better than the last ones you had ,well THIS IS !
    I have had this for 3 months now testing out the functions and THIS IS INCREDIBLE !
    From Pizza to slow cooking ,top and bottom element to grill ,I love this thing, and it is pretty !
    I have a 10 month old boy who whenever the light is on in the oven races to see what is going on ,and the glass is cool to the touch so he is safe . I am in love with enamel products (I also have the Smeg cook top )so easy to clean A little confusing at first but with a little bit of manual reading you will get it .
    I hope this helps in making your purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    grossignol

Update I have been using this now for 18 months I still love it ,pyro cleaning is awesome !no issues! Still pretty

grossignol

Had a small issue with the oven ,called Smeg they were awesome ,sent someone out fixed the issue .Perfect .

Louiseasked

SFPA6925

I have just ordered the retro style pyrolytic wall oven. A friend told me that some Smeg ovens have had a problem with glass exploding. What confidence can I have that this won’t occur? Is the problem fixed?

Wendy M

I haven't heard anything about exploding glass and three years on my beautiful Smeg is still performing brilliantly

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Louise,
    Thank you for your enquiry. It is important to prepare the oven prior to running a pyrolytic program. Firstly you need to thoroughly clean the glass of any soiling and remove the oven furniture. If you follow this procedure, there is no reason for the oven door glass to break.
    Regards

Louise

Thank you! I rang the store I purchased it from, and they also reassured me about the Smeg products, and also customer service.

salcasked

SFPA6925

hi what is the internal width - ie what the widest pan i could fit in here?! my favourite roasting pan is 400mm wide

Wendy M

I measured it at 450mm with a depth of 350mm so you should be fine.

hi Wendy
    thanks a bunch!!
    really appreciate your time to measure and reply!
    cheers
    Sal

Stargazer101

Stargazer101asked

SFPA6925

Is this a pyrolytic oven?

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Stargazer 101,
    This model oven is pyrolytic. The model denotes this. The 'P'in SFPA stands for Pyrolytic.
    Regards
    Smeg

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives