Smeg SIHP273S

Smeg SIHP273S

Love it! First Induction unit for me, Stylish product and so easy to clean!

We purchased a SMEG Induction cooktop and oven for our kitchen renovations from Harvey Norman. So far so good, looks fantastic and works really well. I'm still getting used to cooking with induction instead of gas but loving the fact its so easy to clean and looks so modern and stylish. Love my SMEG products, very happy :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Don't buy Smeg

I have been unfortunate to have purchased this rubbish
In the three years I have owned it I have spent on average $1000 per year to fix it
A friend has a similar size one that cost a 1/4 of this rubbish
And has never faulted

DO NOT BUY ANY SMEG PRODUCT

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dear Eric, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also of you can scan me any service invoices. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Smeg SIHPS73S

Hi, purchased the Induction Cooktop in December 2014. Didn't install until January 2017. Receipts to prove. Now 1 year later the Cooktop is displaying E4. Followed instruction on Manual to apparently reset, to no avail. Sent an email to Smeg. They were very quick to reply, "excellent" but the news was not good. Seems the E4 tells me an element has failed and the reset only applies after the a new element has been installed. Cost $800+. From what I gather from our conversation the said cooktops aren't real robust and do fail. Well I can say that I'm none to happy with this cooktop and for close on $1600 I would expect more than a years service from it.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Dear Dallas. I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. I am sorry to read about your review. Our appliances come with a 2 year warranty - Can you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your full name, address and a contact telephone number, I would like to get this repair under way asap. Regards, Steve Cullen.Still waiting for said phone call. All talk no action.

3 years it broke, Not happy after spending $1690

Brought Smeg as we thought it was a good brand,, we had nothing but trouble with it, First it started to turn off and on , then it would turn on, then the hot plates started to go, one by one, eventually one worked, we called Smeg, the price for a technician to come out to have a look, well I fell over backwards. I said no thanks. To date we are looking for a replacement cook top, but we are going to stay clear of Smeg.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Dear Steve, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenHi Steve you can email at Lsproctor@optusnet.com.au. or ph 0413346568 , Just had it repaired $600, if you would like to make a customer happy, I can email you the receipt to so you van or Smeg cover the cost. . regards steve proctorDear Steve. Please send me copies of the paperwork and I will see what I can do Regards Steve Cullen

Not sure if I would purchase again

I bought an induction cooktop, steam oven and vapour clean oven for my new home 3 years ago. We've had a bit of trouble and had the steam oven replaced after a few months. Even now, It's very temperamental and leaks water everywhere if you slightly overfill the water tray. It also leaves a lot of water to mop up on the bottom of the oven.

The vapour oven was replaced after about 2 years as it was producing lots of steam when cooking. This was to the point of the water running out into a large puddle on the floor which damaged my new kitchen cabinetry. Smeg replaced the oven as I had reported the same issue previously, even though the official 2 year warranty had expired. Having said that though, the new one still leaks, but not as bad although I still have to mop up afterwards so it must be the design.

To date, we have been happy with the induction cooktop but lately I have noticed what looks likes crystalling on one of the rings which is used more often than the others. Not sure what that is and I may contact Smeg to see what they can advise. We both work full time and there is just the 2 of us so these appliances as far from over-used. Given the cost I would have expected less issues and a product that lasts for many years.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Dear MK1, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details as I would like to arrange for an inspection of these appliances to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThanks Steve, I have sent you an email.No one from Smeg has contacted me!

Smeg Induction cooktop SIHP264S.

Love the cook top. Easy to use. Looks great although it does mark easily. Problem is break downs, the first element went after 14 months then another a year later. They cost $900 each to replace. Insurance only gives you your initial cost back I have pay the difference for the new unit as well as removal and of old and instillation of new.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Smeg the worst brand ever

We bought 3 smeg products for our kitchen 3 years ago. The SIHP273S cooktop has broken down 4 times and now the glass has cracked for no reason. Our steam had to be totally replaced and the new one has broken down again and our oven electrics have broken too. the only good thing is the company has fixed it all under warrenty except the glass which cost $1000. crappy products. never buying this brand again!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2013

don't have an instruction how to clean it

dont have a proper instruction how to clean it, what you can use to clean when its burnt. i clean the induction with water and cloth it looks like its fading. the manual do not have much information about how to clean it. and don't have much information about the proper care of the product.

Love this cooktop

Just installed this induction cooktop in new kitchen - I love it - it is very easy to use and controls heat beautifully. Once you work out the controls they are simple. Only thing to note is it is surprisingly noisy - wasn't expecting the noise. It is not loud just a bit weird.