Smeg SOA330X

Smeg SOA330X

SOA330X1 and SOA330X

Grill tray

Just bought this oven and I am blown away that the grill that is supplied is for a 600mm oven. The oven is 750mm, the grill element is 750mm but the grill tray is for a 600mm oven and just sits on a tray. It doesn't slide into the side of the oven. I have been told that it how it comes. How can this make any sense at all? Not happy.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dud, right out of the box...

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Works great!

Recently had this installed in our new build, which complements our SMEG Fridge, gas hob and dishwasher.

The oven has a number of functions and is a significant upgrade from our old all gas oven.

The cooking modes pre-set the temperature and we have had no problems with the cooking functions.

The door it seems is always cool to touch which is great for the kids.

The oven does bow out a fair bit of air, I assume this is to do with the oven being cool to touch, though not sure.

Have not used the self cleaning mode which seems is prone to the door exploding, as I have read across the range. Hopefully this does not happen to us. I expect to run the function once we are out of summer as do not want to heat the kitchen up on a hot day.

Have used the meat probe a couple of times which has proved very useful. Bit tricky to figure out, it seems you need to use from a cold oven, not when the oven is warm, as in cooking one thing and then moving on to using the meat probe.

You are able to lock the door and the touch console which is useful when the kids want to touch all the buttons! Whilst the user guide is clear how to lock the door it was not clear how to lock the console, which we had to seek help with.

We had the best Christmas Ham and roast potatoes I have ever cooked and eaten from this oven, I look forward to years more service. So far very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Well a little over a year old and been in use for less than six months and we have a F13 code. Having the service company out to investigate. Further advice to follow.

Soa330x. Door explosion

Thought we were buying quality. Used the oven approx. 12 times functioned quite well. Then when it was cooling down the glass door exploded. We are thinking we may have purchased the wrong oven.

Fantastic oven!

I adore this oven. We've just had it put in our renovation and it looks great! It looks ultra modern, is easy to use, and the seal is really solid (unlike our other oven), so cooks like a dream. I would recommend it to everyone who's looking for a good quality oven!
looks great, cooks well, well made

Hey guys Can anyone help....I have the SOA330X . Bought it about 3 years ago but only just had installed into new kitchen. I cannot select any mode without the probe mode displaying. The oven won't proceed past this point because a P------ displays on the middle screen and won't allow me to do anything with it. I want to know if you can turn the probe mode off.....it's driving me crazy!
Ensure the probe is not in. Turn off from the main switch, completly shut down the oven, reset the clock etc. Turn back on and try a cooking function. I had a similar problem, apparently the probe function does cause problems and was advised not to use it, by one of the technicians. Funny thing was I was not even using the probe, similar problem to you it sounds. The oven worked after I reset the whole thing and haven't had the problem since, fingers crossed. Good luck.Thanks so much for your reply. I have tried doing wjat yoy suggested many times. Still no resolution! Techo coming out today to hopefully fix it! K☺

What is err code F14 on a soa330X?
Hi Nick F14 is a communication fault between the circuit boards, the board to board cables may need to be tighten or replace. Regards ChrisCall your service centre they should be able to advise. F13 is a computer board problem...sorry not much help.

Has anyone else got the SOA330x? Just bought one to put in our build at my husband's insistance. I'm overjoyed to have the proofing and dehydrating functions - however I've read some bad reviews about Smeg, recently. Houing to hear from anyone on this. Thanks in advance!
We have recently installed and very happy with the oven. I read some bad reviews too, but will have to see if anything transpires so far so good. Have you had any problems? The oven is a vast improvement from the very old oven we had so really enjoying the cooking functions!Thanks for that - we have had a bazillion delays, and the oven isn't is yet - neither are we! End of the month, hopefully!Ha! We got a dud right out of the box, first day of install F14 circuit board error, factory ding on door stainless panel, and scrape on control panel. Bought from Debney distributors (harvey norman commercial division), through our builders Format homes. Guess what? NO NEW oven - smeg sent the repair guys with all replacement parts - it was two visits. Hours out of my life which I'll never get back, though the repair guys were great. It was a huge job for them that should never have been. A $4000 oven that's crap right from install - never been used. I can understand a lower price oven being repaired, but for that price I want one that works, first time. I regret my hubby talking me into the builder's inclusion of Smeg. It will be a great oven, now it works, but I'll never go to a Harvey Norman, commercial or retail, or buy a Smeg product again. Thank heaven hubby was happy I chose my own freezer Fridge and dishwasher! None of them are smeg.

SOA330X1SOA330X
FeaturesPyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 707 x 754 x 632 mm707 x 754 x 632 mm
Max Temperature250 °C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateNov 2012