Smeg SR650

11 questions from our users

Anna B.

Anna B.asked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

My smeg has stopped working. I was using the ice dispenser and it stopped and the power has stopped. We turned it off to rest it and tried plugging it in and there is bo ppwer going through to it its not even turning on. It smells like burning in the freezer part. Is my smeg totally broken?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Anna B - thanks for your review/ question. You will need to contact us direct so that we can organise a service call. In saying that , we will also need your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Can you please either email us direct: service@smeg.com.au and mark to the attention of Lesley, or contact us via the telephone 02 8667 4833 and speak to our Service Co-ordinators who shall organise for you. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Joey

Joeyasked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

How to get the ice maker working

MICHAEL POLIN

I don't know how to do it. The Smeg serviceman did it for me

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Joey. Can you please contact us direct so that we can discuss this matter with you? You can telephone us on 02 8667 4888 or you can email us at service@smeg.com.au - if you email us please mark to the attention of Lesley and include your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

rita s.

rita s.asked

Touchscreen not responding

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Rita, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Bob F

Bob Fasked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

Ice maker appears to have stopped producing ice

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Bob F - thanks for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have the opportunity to assist you. Can you kindly email is direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then be in direct contact with you to discuss further. Our email is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Michael L.asked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

water leaks from inside freezer where it accumulates and freezes. Have turned the tap off on the water line and turned of ice-maker, but makes no difference. Have also checked freezer fan, which works fine. Any suggestions gratefully received. thank you.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Michael L - thanks for your enquiry. There are various reasons that this could be occurring. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au - We will then contact you to discuss this matter. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

Michael L.

thanks for replying. i appreciate it. i discovered a blocked draini tube under the freezer, have cleaned it all out and think it will be good from now on but will definitely contact you if it's not. thanks again

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Michael L - thanks for letting us know. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need to discuss further. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Robert

Robertasked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

Fridge freezer is getting really hot around door seal, I mean hot to touch

Fridge and freezer seems to be working ok. Any ideas?

MICHAEL POLIN

When I had problems, I simply contacted SMEG and they sent a service technician to fix it.

Hi Robert,
The heater around the door sounds like its staying permanently instead of turning on and off.
Please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support

Jero

Jeroasked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

How to fix leaking water coning out from the bottom of the freezer?

John

Is your freezer might not be freezing which could be the freezer fan had stopped working, which may be defrosting your items in your freezer compartment . This may explain the water at the bottom of your freezer. Check your ice maker see if the ice is melting due to your freezer fan not working causing the leak?

You can do a simple check of the freezer motor open the door then press down the door switch on the side of the freezer the light will go out and you should then start to hear the fan going. You can also see visually see the fan going it’s up the top in the ice maker compartment.

If it’s the fan it’s a 15 minute job for a technician to swap over. That’s how long our technician took to change it over once he identified the problem with the fan.

That’s all I can suggest based on my issue I had with our Smeg Fridge.

Hi Jero,
Please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call as it could be a couple of different things causing the issue.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support

Sue

Sueasked

SR650XA (603L, Stainless Steel)

I have a SMEG fridge/freezer model SR650XA which is nine years old. The power has gone but it has not tripped the main switch. I have moved it to a different plug so it is not the problem. It works for 15 minutes and goes off. I unplug it and turn it on 15 minutes later and it comes on again for a short time and so it continues. Any ideas what the problem could be please?

Smeg

Hi Sue there is a short circuit in your fridge you need to get a technician to look at it, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 and arrange a call.
Thanks Chris

MICHAEL POLIN

Hi Sue. I know nothing about how these fridges work. I called SMEG service who were very helpful and sorted my problem out.

Toni Mackay

Toni Mackayasked

We have a smeg SR650SA that's approximately 10 years old. The ice maker is not working all of a sudden. Is there a part we can buy to replace and. O it ourselves or would be need a serviceman?

Hi Toni
When we had the problem, Smeg sent out a service man. I think he changed everything as it was modular, but not really sure. Sorry I can't really help.
Michael Polin

A Richards

The ice maker is a common issue with this fridge. SMEG had a service man repair it for us

John

Will need a service repair man for the job. Ours stopped making ice because the fan stopped working so wasn't cooling the freezer section to produce ice. Took all of 15 minutes to change over by a repair person.

Ceciliaasked

Hello,
I bought a Refrigerator SS1613X and it leaks water from the bottom. Unfortunately I bought it brand new and recieved it in Argentina anda have recently connect it and find this problem. Could you help online or by email?
Thanks very much,
Cecilia.

A Richards

Hi Cecilia. You should contact Smeg and they will determine the issue. Smeg were very helpful with me
Cheers
Annie

MICHAEL POLIN

I agree with Annie. When I had a problem, albeit a different problem to the one you describe, I contacted Smeg in Australia and they were extremely helpful and didn't stop until the problem was resolved. I do not know how it would work in Argentina.
Regards
Michael

Cecilia

Thank you very much! I'll get in contact with smeg service Argentina.

nick bourne

nick bourneasked

I have a brand new smeg 640s fridge freezer and water is pooling under the trays and out the fridge door and on to the floor.what could be the problem? The appliance is just 2 weeks old.

Nick

I have no idea what causes it. I got onto the National Service manager for Smeg - Steve Cullen (steve.cullen@smeg.com.au). He was very helpful and sent out a guy free of charge who simply replaced computers. Apparently Smeg, LG, Samsung etc all use identical components.

Steve C.Smeg

Nick, I am Steve Cullen and if you email me your details I will arrange for someone to inspect the unit to ascertain what the problem could be and then we can fix the problem. Email me your details at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au regards Steve

John

Nick, Steve Cullen was the national service manager who helped us out and I have to say he is very proactive and helpful. Steve you are an outstanding ambassador for Smeg and our next appliances purchase will definitely be Smeg as your after sale service has been outstanding.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives