Smeg TRA90

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Bill42South East Queensland, QLD

This appliance along with matching range hood looks magnificent

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$5,000.00.

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Smeg warning! oven cookers major problems with electrics and rust on products see all reviews please google Smeg Rust!

Major problem with Smeg Products for rust and electronics breaking down within a couple years of purchase . I’d like to see a class action against Smeg for defective products. Don’t buy

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$8,000.00.

Steve C.Smeg

Smeg appliances

Paint chipping off the back of stovetop and on door of the front of the oven, disgusted with product as only have it with 4 years!! Looks awful. Used to love a meg products and appliance had the grey cooker for nearly 10 years before this and never had a problem. Please be warned and don’t buy the black appliance and no support or come back

Purchased in July 2015.

Lesley R.Smeg
Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg TRA90 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

SariahVictoria

RUST after only three years Smeg blames Customers, see reviews on Facebook. Thousands of customers with same problem.

Rusting, bubbling paint now just falling off my three year old oven, apparently all smeg ovens are experiencing rust problems. I had my cheap oven before this for twenty years, no rust ever. Smeg is Rubbish do not and please read the reviews. You will not buy after reading the complaints.

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$8,000.00.

Rodney M.Smeg
Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to use

The oven is very functional, easy to use, self cleaning, cooks in no time all round rather than having to turn the pan around to cook. Fanforced makes it very easy.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Jonathan D

Jonathan DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smeg are disingenuous regarding cashback offer

Purchased in March 2019 for A$3,400.00.

Alison C.

Alison C.Perth, WA

Fantastic oven

I purchased a smeg Victoria tra 90 black stove I love it not only does it loook impressive it cooks really well I would recommend this oven to anyone one happy customer

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$4,590.00.

Sharin I.

Sharin I.Launceston, TAS

Has taken our kitchen to the next level

Fantastic oven, cooks evenly and looks amazing, we could not be happier with our choice. Easy to clean and excellent functions, the gas cooktop is well set out and the soft close door is a bonus

Purchased in July 2019.

Chris NSmeg

Sharin, fantastic to hear good news from our customers. Enjoy your SMEG cooking experiences every day!!

Natalie

NatalieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly Recommended!

Not only is this oven good to look at in the kitchen, but works amazingly. Great size oven that fits large trays (which are included). Very easy to use. Cleans well with a warm cloth. Oven works so well and cooks everything equally. Highly recommended! Heaps of family and friends have purchased this oven and have not one word of complaint!

Purchased in February 2018.

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg TRA90 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Geoff G

Geoff GWentworthville

Great Oven

Love this oven.
Cooks well.
Has double fans.
Cooks evenly for a large bake.
The gas cook top is excellent.
Ezy to clean.
A trouble free oven.
Would buy this again.
Bought at Harvey Norman as a package deal with matching Range Hood.

Purchased in December 2015 at Harvey Norman for A$6,300.00.

Maree C

Maree Casked

Hi there, I have been reading the reviews on the Smeg Victoria Collection double oven. We purchased one last year (panna) and are awaiting our new kitchen before it is fitted. The reviews are worrying me. Have the problems that are being reported been fixed in the newer ones? Is this a common problem? I don't want to install mine and then 2-3 years down the track have it going rusty and chipping.

Bill42

My Smeg TRA90 was installed about 6-8 weeks ago. Everyone who has seen it always compliments its looks etc. I have had no problems with it and it works well. As for chipping and rusting - I am not sure that will happen and if it did in the short term I would be contacting Smeg. Look forward to how really beautiful this oven is going to look when installed and how well it is going to work.

Linda
Linda

We remodelled our kitchen about 3 years ago and kept our old (cupboards and appliances) and installed them in our garage as they were still in excellent condition, which l now use more than my new TRA90 We wanted a black stove and fridge and settled for the Smeg as it had the look we wanted and couldn’t get St.George as it was no longer being made.
What a mistake!! There were Pre existing dots on the backsplash and l tried to remove with an enjo cloth. The enamel must be so thin or soft that it has left scratches, as it has also on the panel where the knobs are. The other problem is the oven doesn’t cook evenly.
Looks 10/10, valve for money 3/10.
I have had a service rep come out and look at it and l am waiting for a response. I would not purchase an enamel stove again, but I did because l have had St.Geoge which was white enamel and it was still in excellent condition after 20 somethings years when we sold the house. Good luck.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Linda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also supply me with details of the service call. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Brent Gasked

TRA90:
How do i remove the glass from the door of the oven for cleaning my instructions only cover the removal of the door. There are 4 screws on the inside panel of the door i presume this is where i start?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Brent G -Thank you for your enquiry. You can remove the door glass for cleaning. It is on page 32 of your instruction manual. If you require a copy, please email us direct and we can send it to you, or you can contact our Technical Department and we will guide you over the phone. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and our contact telephone number is 02 8667 4888. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Hi Lesley
If you could please send me a copy of the manual that would be great.
I have this manual that came with the appliance.

Thankyou

Bill42

Hi - your question got me thinking as I had not removed the glass since purchase. This morning I used the vapour clean system and found this very successful. Your question prompted me to go about this task myself.
There are 2 clips at the top of the inside glass. If you insert your fingers under the edge at the bottom of the glass (the edge nearest the floor) and apply what seems like a scary amount of force, the glass will come away from whatever is holding it in place. You can then slide the glass away from the clips at the top. Like many of the Smeg instructions (and many other appliances) the instructions are not clear or maybe today's generation thinks differently to me. Cheers Bill

Travisasked

We have this model and last night the clock stopped displaying and now the oven function isn't working. I reset the switch but noticed the clicker for the gas top still works so i don't think it is the switch. The clock is simply blank and the oven isn't working. Any ideas??

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Travis,
Thank you for your enquiry. Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your details and they will organise a service technician to come and inspect the appliance for you.
Regards

Travis

Thank you, Have sent that email.

Matt S.
Matt S.

Hi we have the same problem with ours. What was the solution?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives