Smeg TRA90

• Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Aughrim12

Aughrim12Perth, WA

Smeg rusting - replaced and great service!

Cooker itself is great, self cleaning function didn’t work, and it looks lovely. Splash back did start to rust and peel, I contacted Harvey Norman who were unhelpful and quite rude. I posted on here and smeg contacted me within 24 hours and a service provided contacted me within 3 days locally and my splashback was replaced last week :). Great service and very happy! Harvey Norman - not helpful and rude! Smeg were great:)

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$5,500.00.

Carole

CarolePerth

Poor design, poor quality

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TRA90BL

I would be all for a class action against Smeg. They sell themselves as an high end product.
We have had it for not quite 4 years and it looks crap. The back splash and the stove top terrible quality, paintwork is chipping and scratching. I beg anybody not to buy this sub standard product. Called Smeg and l was just dismissed. Come back St.George

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for A$4,667.00.

Dear Linda,
Have you emailed Steve directly as requested so he can assist you with your problems?
Regards

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg TRA90 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Maree C

Maree Casked

Hi there, I have been reading the reviews on the Smeg Victoria Collection double oven. We purchased one last year (panna) and are awaiting our new kitchen before it is fitted. The reviews are worrying me. Have the problems that are being reported been fixed in the newer ones? Is this a common problem? I don't want to install mine and then 2-3 years down the track have it going rusty and chipping.

Bill42

My Smeg TRA90 was installed about 6-8 weeks ago. Everyone who has seen it always compliments its looks etc. I have had no problems with it and it works well. As for chipping and rusting - I am not sure that will happen and if it did in the short term I would be contacting Smeg. Look forward to how really beautiful this oven is going to look when installed and how well it is going to work.

Linda

We remodelled our kitchen about 3 years ago and kept our old (cupboards and appliances) and installed them in our garage as they were still in excellent condition, which l now use more than my new TRA90 We wanted a black stove and fridge and settled for the Smeg as it had the look we wanted and couldn’t get St.George as it was no longer being made.
What a mistake!! There were Pre existing dots on the backsplash and l tried to remove with an enjo cloth. The enamel must be so thin or soft that it has left scratches, as it has also on the panel where the knobs are. The other problem is the oven doesn’t cook evenly.
Looks 10/10, valve for money 3/10.
I have had a service rep come out and look at it and l am waiting for a response. I would not purchase an enamel stove again, but I did because l have had St.Geoge which was white enamel and it was still in excellent condition after 20 somethings years when we sold the house. Good luck.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Linda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also supply me with details of the service call. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Brent Gasked

TRA90:
How do i remove the glass from the door of the oven for cleaning my instructions only cover the removal of the door. There are 4 screws on the inside panel of the door i presume this is where i start?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Brent G -Thank you for your enquiry. You can remove the door glass for cleaning. It is on page 32 of your instruction manual. If you require a copy, please email us direct and we can send it to you, or you can contact our Technical Department and we will guide you over the phone. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and our contact telephone number is 02 8667 4888. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Hi Lesley
If you could please send me a copy of the manual that would be great.
I have this manual that came with the appliance.

Thankyou

Bill42

Hi - your question got me thinking as I had not removed the glass since purchase. This morning I used the vapour clean system and found this very successful. Your question prompted me to go about this task myself.
There are 2 clips at the top of the inside glass. If you insert your fingers under the edge at the bottom of the glass (the edge nearest the floor) and apply what seems like a scary amount of force, the glass will come away from whatever is holding it in place. You can then slide the glass away from the clips at the top. Like many of the Smeg instructions (and many other appliances) the instructions are not clear or maybe today's generation thinks differently to me. Cheers Bill

Travisasked

We have this model and last night the clock stopped displaying and now the oven function isn't working. I reset the switch but noticed the clicker for the gas top still works so i don't think it is the switch. The clock is simply blank and the oven isn't working. Any ideas??

Hi Travis,
Thank you for your enquiry. Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your details and they will organise a service technician to come and inspect the appliance for you.
Regards

Travis

Thank you, Have sent that email.

Matt S.
Matt S.

Hi we have the same problem with ours. What was the solution?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives