Smeg TRA90

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

RafCranbourne East

Great.... Then good... And getting worse.

We bought this oven mid last year to replace the oven that was put in the house originally.
It has been great most of the time.
The oven does seem to be uneven, and it is something that is getting worse.
My wife uses this oven almost daily to bake various things, so it's a real workhorse.
However, it always seemed a little uneven. But lately we've noticed it more and more at one side is much hotter than the other.
If we put a tray that is covered the full width with cookies, one side is starting to burn while the other is raw.
We've been rotating the tray to achieve an even bake, but probably have to have it looked at if the trend continues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Thanks. Will do.
Is it best to reach out to Harvey Norman (where we bought it) or to Steve direct?
Appreciate the response.

Hi Raf,
Please contact Steve direct.
Regards
Smeg

Customer service please contact me!!

I purchased a TRA90P9 Victoria Cooker from Harvey Norman, when it arrived I found the front handed was loose and had chipped baked enamel during transport and the rear flue was badly bent. Harvey Norman & SMEG were excellent had replaced the cooker within 2 days.

However, the new cooker arrived without a rotisserie and the rear flue arrangement is designed differently ‘with the flue vent holes blocked’ by a fabricated sheet of gal metal, this does not make sense and the installation instructions do not explain.

Please explain

Date PurchasedApr 2018

David,

Could you please forward you address and if possible a photo of the metal plate to service@smeg.com.au and will arrange to post out a rotisserie kit and look into the additional plate.

David
David

My address is 4 Murrua Rd North Turramurra 2074.

Steve C.Smeg

Thank you David can you please email us your phone number so that we can contact you to organise? Service@smeg.com.au - we await your email so we can get this fixed for you asap. Thank you.

WOW

Thank you Smeg for reviving my faith in an Oven. Stupidly purchased what I thought was going to be my dream oven. Made In UK, thought it would be the Rolls Royce , ended up being a Leyland P76.
Smeg is overwhelming superior. Superior build and finish inside and out. Looks sensational Best lamb roast in years.
Highly recommend this oven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg TRA90 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Nancy

NancyBaulkham hills

Incredible!

i am very happy with the way the food is cooked. It is easy to clean.it adds to the beauty of my kitchen. It cooks evenly. It was installed in our new house by the builder. I am Very happy with making the right choice. I will highly recommend it. 10/10.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
LIZ

LIZSydney

GOOD

Always a big fan of SMEG brand, and I started to use this product since January, 2017. It was a very easy use and high quality product. I am not good at cooking, but with the help of smeg cooker, things are not that hard. It is easy to control

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Fadak M

Fadak MAdelaide

Kitchen changer for sure

Very quick heating time
Enjoy the light turning on as soon as you open the oven
Enjoy the 90cm size which is a life changer really

Very easy to clean as it is not steel

The only downside is I actually don’t want to cook for fear of dirtying it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
leiah

leiahGippsland, VIC

Looks amazing and works wonderfully

A statement oven was on my wish list for our new home and this oven has not disappointed!! We bought it in black and it is incredible. Easy to clean both stove top and oven, cooks evenly and the gas can be low enough to simmer without needing a diffuser. I love my smeg and it hasn't skipped a beat in over a year with a family of 5 and cooking with it everyday it is fantastic. Definitely worth the money we paid!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

notrulyAustralia

Workhorse in disguise

Date PurchasedJul 2017
notruly

APR 2020, still writing love poems in dedication to this oven. NOTHING has gone wrong on it, nothing, still works as well as the day I purchased it. Still easy to clean. Love this!

Lee

Lee

Works well when installed

Purchased this cooker approximately 6 months ago purely for looks and the wide oven. It works quite well and I love the wok feature which i use to boil water. As there are two burners (one within the other) it boils a pot of water really quickly. Its handy to have. My issues is that the bar going across the front is pretty useless and the drawer at the bottom doesn't even fit the oven trays that come with it. The oven cooks a little unevenly but other than that its worked well, just got to remember to turn your tray around.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg TRA90 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

KYLIE K

KYLIE KBendigo

Paid $5000 for it and the oven doesn't work

Maree C

Maree Casked

Hi there, I have been reading the reviews on the Smeg Victoria Collection double oven. We purchased one last year (panna) and are awaiting our new kitchen before it is fitted. The reviews are worrying me. Have the problems that are being reported been fixed in the newer ones? Is this a common problem? I don't want to install mine and then 2-3 years down the track have it going rusty and chipping.

Bill42

My Smeg TRA90 was installed about 6-8 weeks ago. Everyone who has seen it always compliments its looks etc. I have had no problems with it and it works well. As for chipping and rusting - I am not sure that will happen and if it did in the short term I would be contacting Smeg. Look forward to how really beautiful this oven is going to look when installed and how well it is going to work.

Linda
Linda

We remodelled our kitchen about 3 years ago and kept our old (cupboards and appliances) and installed them in our garage as they were still in excellent condition, which l now use more than my new TRA90 We wanted a black stove and fridge and settled for the Smeg as it had the look we wanted and couldn’t get St.George as it was no longer being made.
What a mistake!! There were Pre existing dots on the backsplash and l tried to remove with an enjo cloth. The enamel must be so thin or soft that it has left scratches, as it has also on the panel where the knobs are. The other problem is the oven doesn’t cook evenly.
Looks 10/10, valve for money 3/10.
I have had a service rep come out and look at it and l am waiting for a response. I would not purchase an enamel stove again, but I did because l have had St.Geoge which was white enamel and it was still in excellent condition after 20 somethings years when we sold the house. Good luck.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Linda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also supply me with details of the service call. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Brent Gasked

TRA90:
How do i remove the glass from the door of the oven for cleaning my instructions only cover the removal of the door. There are 4 screws on the inside panel of the door i presume this is where i start?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Brent G -Thank you for your enquiry. You can remove the door glass for cleaning. It is on page 32 of your instruction manual. If you require a copy, please email us direct and we can send it to you, or you can contact our Technical Department and we will guide you over the phone. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and our contact telephone number is 02 8667 4888. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Hi Lesley
If you could please send me a copy of the manual that would be great.
I have this manual that came with the appliance.

Thankyou

Bill42

Hi - your question got me thinking as I had not removed the glass since purchase. This morning I used the vapour clean system and found this very successful. Your question prompted me to go about this task myself.
There are 2 clips at the top of the inside glass. If you insert your fingers under the edge at the bottom of the glass (the edge nearest the floor) and apply what seems like a scary amount of force, the glass will come away from whatever is holding it in place. You can then slide the glass away from the clips at the top. Like many of the Smeg instructions (and many other appliances) the instructions are not clear or maybe today's generation thinks differently to me. Cheers Bill

Travisasked

We have this model and last night the clock stopped displaying and now the oven function isn't working. I reset the switch but noticed the clicker for the gas top still works so i don't think it is the switch. The clock is simply blank and the oven isn't working. Any ideas??

Hi Travis,
Thank you for your enquiry. Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your details and they will organise a service technician to come and inspect the appliance for you.
Regards

Travis

Thank you, Have sent that email.

Matt S.
Matt S.

Hi we have the same problem with ours. What was the solution?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFreestanding Ovens
Price (RRP) A$4,999.00
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Convection
Capacity126L
FeaturesCooling Fan and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Colour / FinishBlack