1.3

Yvonne M.
Yvonne M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Misleading packaging

Bought the sand fantastic kit, picture on box was inaccurate, sand bottles were half full and impossible to work with. Complete waste of money.

Lousy & toxic plastic products, brand and values

The products are harmful to the environment and do not benefit children at all, filled with toxic plastic, beware of their "caring" facade hidden with selfish motives, which is to make profits and high salaries for themselves.

The Plasticized Childhood study (Green Chemistry, Sustainability and Education Research Group (GPQV) from the University of São Carlos, commissioned by Instituto Alana) shows that 90% of all toys worldwide are made of plastic materials and are mostly made from Polyvinyl Chloride mixed with phthalates, a toxic substance which can cause cancer and hormonal problems in children. Bisphenols, also present in some toys, are among the toxic substances for children.

Terrible plastic quality

How does a ruler break when used normally? Answer: it's from smiggle. It is a hinged ruler and somehow the hinge snapped.

L.A.B
L.A.BMelbourne

Pencil case

We brought a three zip large pink pencil case that had bright pictures of food on it. Really cute design but when attempting to display name with provided cardboard letters we realised there wasn’t enough spots. Considering how popular the name Charlotte is you’d think it would be thought about during design.
Has had a black sparkly sequins backpack for a year and has held up brilliantly and the soft straps make it comfortable and always gets lots of praise along with durable matching lunchbox

Poor quality of squishy toy

Dear smiggle people
My granny bought me a smiggle bunny. It broke in the first day. The mouth and eye came off. The ears had cracks in them. I am very disappointed , in fact I was crying.
You should not sell toys like this.
From Bailey.

Cathy
CathyPerth, WA

Very disappointed. Request 431938

Purchased bag in WA. Paid $39.95 and gave to grandson in Brisbane. Bag started to fray and looked terrible. Purchased yet another in WA and posted to Brisbane for grandson as none available in Brisbane We’re are still waiting for smiggle to reimburse first bag. We sent copy of credit card as proof of purchase as couldn’t find original receipt. Daughter happy to go to chermside branch and return frayed bag but no one from Melbourne getting back to us Now nearly 4 months passed. COVID has caused problems but no excuse not to send email and explain Still waiting smiggle Not very good way to do business. Sorry but I don’t know how to attach emails sent

Mumma88
Mumma88Central Queensland, QLD

Bought smiggles back packs to last

I purchased 2 smiggles back packs in January 2020 for my two school age children expecting them to last. Within a month my sons back back had ripped. My daughters has also ripped and the zipper is broken.
We had previously Bought backpacks from Kmart and bigw and they are still going strong. I expected the smiggles bag packs to last their primary school years. I’m very disappointed, they were very expensive, more than I would ever normally spend on a back pack but I expected them to last so was happy to pay the money. Won’t be purchasing smiggles brand again.

Rubbish, waste of money

Waste of money and over priced. Shop does not honour warranty's and products do not last very long. I brought a couple drink bottles, lunch cooler bags and school bags all broke within a couple of months. Don't waste your money.

M Fitzpatrick
M FitzpatrickSydney, NSW

Extremely poor quality

After a few weeks the bag ripped, and the drink bottle that I bought is falling apart with the bottom rubber attachment constantly falling off. Very disappointed considering the price in comparison to other bags it is by far the most expensive but the poorest quality.

Store LocationMacquarie shopping centre

Romana
RomanaSydney, NSW

Faulty and waste if money

Microphone was working for 1 day after charging it does not work. Got it as a gift and dont have receipt for exchange. Feel it is a waste of money

Sarakara
SarakaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Doesnt Last

My daughter got this Smiggle backpack last Christmas so just 8 months ago, and just use the bag in daycare ONCE a week! I can't explain how it could get easily be broken like that. Stiches gone lose and now has holes in both side. I always buy my kids Smiggle stuff thinking that they would last longer than other brands and clearly this is a let down.

Amanda
AmandaSydney, NSW

Expensive and extremely bad quality.

I bought a school bag and all of the black plastic lining inside started to peel off within 2 months.
I bought a pencil case and the top cover peeled off after 3 months.
I bought a purse and within a couple of months the glue turned yellowy brown.
I bought a drink bottle which leaked after a couple of months. Even after a couple of months the ink on the receipt came off so I can't return anything. Everything in that store is cheap and nasty.
You would expect for the price that the products would last a couple of years. I will never buy from Smiggle again. You are paying for the name not the product quality.

BekOK
BekOKCampbell 2612, ACT

Bag only lasted one term

I got a Smiggle bag for my Preschooler. She goes to school 5 days a fortnight and only carries a lunch box in her bag. The seams are fraying all along the zip area. The bag lasted only for 8 weeks. Definitely not worth the money.

Sarah W.
Sarah W.North Queensland, QLD

Worst quality

My daughter is one of those kids that takes great care of her things. She had a $10 backpack lasted years. She really wanted a smiggle one so I paid the $70 something and within 3 months it ripped apart. Would not recommend! Paying for a name not quality.

Disappointed Customer
Disappointed CustomerFar North Queensland, QLD

Rubbish quality

Spent a fortune on Smiggle bags for school expecting them to be good quality. The shop assistant promised they were 'great' quality and they never have any issues. Well, in less than 2 months the zips have broken off and the inside lining is ripped and torn. My children are not rough and they look after their belongings. Bought Kmart and BigW bags in the past, looks like I will be going back to them.

Update....I visited the store and they were great. They exchanged the bag no issues. They advised that there has been a 'bag apocalypse' of late...clearly a manufacturing issue