1,388 reviews

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

AMAZING thanks to Maya

Customer service was amazing, Maya really took care of me, she was attentive and very informative of the whole process, definitely will always request her on my next appointments. I wish there was 10 stars for this review, because the customer service provided by Maya was amazing... so glad I booked my appointment at the Parramatta store, definitely worth the while

Spamming emails

I was interested in this product and went in for a scan. I changed my mind and told them on facebook but the spam emails and text messages won't stop.

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Hi Montse, thanks for leaving us a review. All customers can unsubscribe from texts or emails on their own, but we're happy to take care of this on our end as well. I'm sending you a private message, so we can resolve this for you. Best, Emily

ClaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Found where they saved the money

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Clay. We always want to provide a quick resolution when issues arise, so we're disappointed to see this. Feel free to follow up with us privately so we can assist further. Best, Emily

Poor response and solutions

DEVT
DEVT
Sharee Sterzl

Sharee SterzlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I felt so special

Angelina made me feel so at ease and shared my excitement with my journey to a beautiful confident smile. I highly recommend and can’t wait to get started. Five star service

Store LocationAdelaide SA
Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Sharee, we really appreciate your positive review!

Amazing!!!!

Customer service was amazing & I can’t wait till my aligners arrive. Every detail was given to me and all questions were answered, so glad that I booked an appointment here.

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

This is why we do what we do. Thank you for the feedback!

Celeste

CelesteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Disastrous Smile Journey

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, Celeste. We pride ourselves on the level of care our team provides, so this is disappointing to hear. If you need any assistance, please continue following up with me privately so I can help further.

Jade JSydney, NSW

Can no longer claim on private health insurance!

Jade J

The only way for me to claim is if my receipts had a provider number of a dentist who is registered in Australia, which apparently SDC doesn’t have.

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Feel free to follow up with us privately, so we can look into this further for you.

Terrible customer service and never got my rebate claim

Was guaranteed a $50 visa gift card rebate for ordering the impression kit so I decided to try it. Returned the impression kit within the suggested timeframe and haven’t received the rebate. It’s been over a month since I returned the kit, I have contacted them numerous times and all they keep saying is that they’ll look into it and takes another 7-10 business days but I have yet to receive it. Very disappointing and unreliable, poor customer service. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Jlo21
Jlo21
Emily W.SmileDirectClub

I'm not seeing a message from you, but feel free to reach out again so we can further assist.

Sarah B.

Sarah B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So disappointed they said you can claim but don't give out provider numbers

So disappointed I called them up prior to the initial consult and asked if I could claim through my insurance and the answer being yes I proceeded with everything, paid and now they are unable to give any customers a provider number. Although I have a friends invoice and insurance form that I have sent to them with her dentists provider number. Very strange!!! Would not recommend anyone to this company. It is not in Australia as it says. They have messed me around for nearly 3 weeks trying to sort this out. I was looking forward to the results. Appalled is an understatement.

Customers Service

Very good service by Sonia she was very helpful and made feel like I wasn't just another customer more then happy with Recommending just on the customer service thank you

Store LocationBrisbane Queensland
Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Raymond, we love seeing this!

Blake j

Blake jSydney, NSW

Be informed. Can no longer claim with Private health in Aus

We joined Smile Direct Club a year ago and the treatment went fine. We opted for monthly payments and was claiming it on Private health insurance each year. When claiming this year, we found out that the claim had been denied because the Dentist that does your treatment plans has been deactivated in medicare as its classed as Teledentistry and not orthodontics anymore. As such, we are now unable to claim Smile direct club anymore even though we were promised at the Parramatta location that we would 100% be able to with monthly payments. If you are considering Smile Direct Club then be informed that you cannot claim it through Australian Private Health as they have no provider number.

Store LocationParramatta, NSW

terrible quality

first of all they only do the front 6 teeth, that's why its cheaper. The quality of the material is really low so its not strong enough to change the teeth in the time that they propose. Also they take a very long time to give out the aligners. They received my impression kit and didn't do anything for more than a month when I called to see what's going on they said its been a month since they got them so I have to do them again. Very poor performance. I don't recommend them at all.

Fab Service

Had a consultation. Very kind, friendly and helpful service from Diane. Process was explained very thoroughly. Was made to feel very comfortable. 10/10 would definitely recommend a consultation here :)
Thanks!

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

We are grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for the support. We are always here for you!

I was attended by Alice where she guided me through the process. I found that the customer service was excellent and personalized. For the price point the product seems very solid. I'm awaiting my order and am excited for my new smile.

Store Locationliverpool, NSW
Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Bronny

BronnyBargo

Growing skeptical

Told I'd get a smile plan back within 72 hours. It's been a few weeks and nothing. Support unhelpful, everyone pushes for good reviews online before you've got the product.

JimmyTheBoarHunter

JimmyTheBoarHunterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Business in History - TOTAL SCAM

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Helpful staffs to getting better teeth

The experience to getting my teeth scanned with Smile Direct was a smooth process, thanks to Alice who helped me. She guided me step by step to make sure I understood everything. Overall a friendly environment to be in. Can't wait for the aligners now to start my journey.

Treatment StageI have not yet begun any treatment or had a consultation.
Emily W.SmileDirectClub

We're thrilled to read this. Thank you so much, Ben!

Annoyed

AnnoyedSydney, NSW

Worst customer service I have ever come across

Louise

LouiseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

GREAT AT FIRST THEN DISAPPOINTING

Samantha N.

Samantha N.asked

SmileDirectClub

Just got my aligners today. I've worn them for 10 hours now and have just taken them out to have a break and my jaw is in soooo much pain. Has anyone else experienced that?

Alex C.
Alex C.

Hi Samantha.
Yes, I get the same pains whenever I put a new set of aligners in. I think the first set hurt the most then afterward its not so bad. You actually start to look forward to that feeling later on because you know they are being moved into place. Good luck (Side note: if it bothers you a lot, switch aligners before bed that way you wear them in while you sleep)

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Hi Samantha, thanks so much for the question! Some discomfort is normal in any clear aligner therapy treatment, but our dental team is always available to help with any treatment related questions. Feel free to send us a message if you have any concerns!

Clay

Yep Sam the first weeks are brutal, Don't buy anything you need to chew as you will be in tears, and quite a few points along the journey the teeth really start moving and hurt like hell. I turned a corner at around 4 months and they were moving less and the pain was less. Just make sure all the burrs are removed around the edges so your gums don't get cut and you should be fine. I skipped a few meals initially because I thought removing the aligner might pull tooth out, but after 24 hours it was getting better. Process was bloody painful but somewhat worked.

Nessasked

SmileDirectClub

Why are all your 5 star reviews from people who have only had an initial consultation, and all your 1-2 star reviews are from people who have actually experienced the treatment?

Tatiana R.
Tatiana R.

I was one of the costumers that was happy when started. After few weeks when you need to experience the after sale people, starts your nightmare!
Can get even worse is you need talk to one of the dentists! Ooh my God what a nightmare has been my life eve since I start the treatment. Suppose to be 6 months, now its almost 1 year, I lost one tooth and I have gaps I didn’t have before on my teeth! Run from this people!

Ness

Thanks, Tatiana! You have saved me from making a mistake. I have already ordered a mould kit, but I'll be happy to lose the $70 and move on. The reviews are too awful to consider using this service.

Emily W.SmileDirectClub

Hi Ness, thanks so much for your question. All Australian customers who complete an impression kit or a SmileShop appointment are sent an invitation to leave a review here. Customers who have completed treatment have to seek out our ProductReview page to leave a review, which unfortunately tends to be customers with negative experiences. We're working on incorporating this review invitation later on in the customer journey, so future customers can see reviews from every step of the journey. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have!

We appreciate you answering this question, Tatiana. We're disappointed to see this. Our dental team is available to assist with any concerns. Clear aligners do not cause teeth to fall out and is a completely safe treatment option, so we would really like to look into your concerns. Please send us a private message if you still need assistance.

John Haggarty

John Haggartyasked

NSW, Miranda

I wish to have my 12 year old son assessed for suitability for you treatment if I can.

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Thanks for reaching out, John. Please give us a call at 1800 515 198 so we can help!

Get an answer from our members and SmileDirectClub representatives