29 questions from our users

Alex H

Alex Hasked

Do you have a lot of young kids using your product? 13 years of age

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi there, Alex. As long as he or she does not have any more baby teeth, we will be more than happy to help.

marylou

marylouasked

SmileShop ACT, Canberra

is there a way to directly get in contact with staff that work at this specific smile shop. i need information from my initial consultation that apparently isn't available to smile direct club.

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi there, Marylou. I hope you are having a nice day. We have internal numbers to the SmileShops and we can take care of any issue regarding the scans. Could you please contact us via email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com so we can better assist you?

Marcia D

Marcia Dasked

SmileDirectClub

I am having so much trouble getting answers through emails, I live in Karratha WA so it would be very hard for me to go in store service, what could be the best way to have actually someone I can talk to about the treatment, as I am not happy with the results at all, and I just finished the 4 months treatment , going to retainers just today.
Thanks Marcia Diaz

Hi Marcia,

I hope you are doing great. I'm truly sorry for all the inconvenience you have experienced, we will be more than happy to take a look on your case to find a solution, please send us an email to reviews@smiledirectclub.com and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Shilpa G.

Shilpa G.asked

SmileShop SA, Adelaide

I need to straight my teeth and fill the gap .
I just wandering about the total course including charges.

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi Shilpa, we will be more than happy to assist you with any questions you have, you can either start with an easy-to-use $25 impression kit or by assisting to a free scan appointment in one of our SmileShops. If you get approved for the aligners, we offer you two payment methods; a single payment of $2,825 or SmilePay, which consist in a convenient monthly payments, $299 deposit, $119/mo. for 24 months ($3155 total).

Please let us know if we can continue assisting you, for more details, you can also check our website: https://smiledirectclub.com.au/en-au/. Luana

sarah.scholesasked

SmileDirectClub

How do I get a full refund after months of being mucked around..
Aligners that don't fit, cutting my mouth.. 2 sets of aligners.. bad customer service, emails .. calls, texts...
No, I don't want any more " customer service" . I want a refund.
I have all emails etc ready for " department of fair trading Australia "
Regards, Sarah
Case #01874967

Hi Sarah,

I'm truly sorry to know all the issues you have experienced, We will be more than happy to continue assisting you. In order to do so, please email us at reviews@smiledirectclub.com

sarah.scholes

ive contacted someone through Facebook messenger and they tell me they will email me.

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Great! Do not hesitate to contact us Sarah, we will always be more than happy to assist you!

Amrita asked

SmileDirectClub

I have been waiting 14 business days since my request to get a refund due to my shocking experience with your product and service . I have contacted your team several times to follow up but get the same pathetic answer that someone will call me back in 3-5 business days . What kind of organisation to you run ?

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi Amrita, I'm truly sorry for all the inconvenience you have experienced. Please contact us at reviews@smiledirectclub.com We will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Amrita

I expect SmileClub to contact me considering I have been waiting for well over the time frame originally advised . I have waited 18 business days to get a call back and have tried to contact the right team on 5 occasions ( I have email records for all of them ) . I am current preparing my case for VCAT - the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Consumer Affairs as I have no other option to get a refund for the kind of product and service provided . SmileClub has my email (as per my product review ) and therefore I’m sure you have my other contact details to make the effort to contact me.

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Hi Amrita, we are concerned to hear about this as we want all our club members to receive the proper assistance. In order for us to provide the proper assistance, please reach out to us at reviews@smiledirectclub.com. We have a team that will be able to respond in real time in order to provide you with the proper assistance.

Tom

Tomasked

NSW, Tuggerah

Can i get your phone number please?
Regards tom

Hi Tom, we can be reached at 1800 515 198. Best, Emily

Valentene L.

Valentene L.asked

SmileDirectClub

Am I eligible for this treatment if I still have some fillings to do?

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi Valetene, thanks for your question! We recommend all dental work be completed prior to starting treatment to ensure the best fit for the aligners. Feel free to give us a call or email if you have any other questions.

Samantha N.

Samantha N.asked

SmileDirectClub

Just got my aligners today. I've worn them for 10 hours now and have just taken them out to have a break and my jaw is in soooo much pain. Has anyone else experienced that?

Alex C.
Alex C.

Hi Samantha.
Yes, I get the same pains whenever I put a new set of aligners in. I think the first set hurt the most then afterward its not so bad. You actually start to look forward to that feeling later on because you know they are being moved into place. Good luck (Side note: if it bothers you a lot, switch aligners before bed that way you wear them in while you sleep)

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi Samantha, thanks so much for the question! Some discomfort is normal in any clear aligner therapy treatment, but our dental team is always available to help with any treatment related questions. Feel free to send us a message if you have any concerns!

Clay
Clay

Yep Sam the first weeks are brutal, Don't buy anything you need to chew as you will be in tears, and quite a few points along the journey the teeth really start moving and hurt like hell. I turned a corner at around 4 months and they were moving less and the pain was less. Just make sure all the burrs are removed around the edges so your gums don't get cut and you should be fine. I skipped a few meals initially because I thought removing the aligner might pull tooth out, but after 24 hours it was getting better. Process was bloody painful but somewhat worked.

Nessasked

SmileDirectClub

Why are all your 5 star reviews from people who have only had an initial consultation, and all your 1-2 star reviews are from people who have actually experienced the treatment?

Tatiana R.
Tatiana R.

I was one of the costumers that was happy when started. After few weeks when you need to experience the after sale people, starts your nightmare!
Can get even worse is you need talk to one of the dentists! Ooh my God what a nightmare has been my life eve since I start the treatment. Suppose to be 6 months, now its almost 1 year, I lost one tooth and I have gaps I didn’t have before on my teeth! Run from this people!

Ness

Thanks, Tatiana! You have saved me from making a mistake. I have already ordered a mould kit, but I'll be happy to lose the $70 and move on. The reviews are too awful to consider using this service.

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi Ness, thanks so much for your question. All Australian customers who complete an impression kit or a SmileShop appointment are sent an invitation to leave a review here. Customers who have completed treatment have to seek out our ProductReview page to leave a review, which unfortunately tends to be customers with negative experiences. We're working on incorporating this review invitation later on in the customer journey, so future customers can see reviews from every step of the journey. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have!

We appreciate you answering this question, Tatiana. We're disappointed to see this. Our dental team is available to assist with any concerns. Clear aligners do not cause teeth to fall out and is a completely safe treatment option, so we would really like to look into your concerns. Please send us a private message if you still need assistance.

John Haggarty

John Haggartyasked

NSW, Miranda

I wish to have my 12 year old son assessed for suitability for you treatment if I can.

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Thanks for reaching out, John. Please give us a call at 1800 515 198 so we can help!

alex

alexasked

SmileShop SA, Adelaide

What is the phone number of the adelaide office

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Our SmileShop locations do not take support phone calls and are all currently closed, but our customer care team is available 24/7 at 1800 515 198.

Melissa C.

Melissa C.asked

SmileDirectClub

Hi, Can I please hear from people who have completed the program? How long did it take. Were there any complications. Did you get the help you needed along the way. Are you happy with the results?
I have been to two orthodontist. Both said I needed a tooth removed to make space and a time frame of 18 month. Smile Direct are saying no tooth removal and approximately 6 months??? I'm a little skeptical.

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Hi Melissa, thanks for your question! We've been able to create over 1 million smiles and have plenty of reviews on our website from customers who have completed treatment. We've encouraged our customers to leave reviews on here as well and we're hoping we'll see more in the future. If you ever have any questions, feel free to send us a message here!

Sam S.
Sam S.

Hi Melissa,
My daughter completed the treatment 2 months ago. They never sent out the retainers to wear at night and now her teeth have moved back. I have spoken to the call centre turns out she will need to repreat the cycle for another 6 months for an additional fee.

Also, you need to purchase retainers to wear at night for life. That is $155 AUD every 6 months. They never advertise this part on the site, insisting it is option. But then again if you dont want your teeth to move back you have no choice.

I am waiting to see if they will provide me with a refund, failure of which I will be taking them to court.

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Retainers are recommended for any teeth straightening treatment and include this in the pricing page of our website at https://smiledirectclub.com.au/en-au/pricing/. We recommend our retainers be replaced every 6 months, but customers are always able to seek another retainer option outside of SmileDirectClub. Feel free to send us a private message, so we can assist with this, Sam.

Alexia

Alexiaasked

SmileShop NZ, Auckland

Can I please have someone ring me on 0211179810 . We would like to ask a few questions about my daughters teeth. We live in Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands and rather than travel all the way down and do the kit test. We need a little bit of advice prior .

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Unfortunately, I'm unable to schedule an outbound call, but you're more than welcome to call our customer care team at 1800 515 198 any time.

Damo d.

Damo d.asked

SmileShop WA, Perth

What Australian health insurers cover this?

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Your private health insurer may cover teledentistry. Since SmileDirectClub does not accept direct payment from insurance companies, we can’t help you get information regarding possible reimbursement. We’re still here to help. Below we have provided you with the dental item numbers so you can check into it yourself:

825 each aligner set. Enter this number twice: once for the upper and once for lower
811 retainers. Enter this number twice: once for the upper and once for lower

Lifi
Lifi

Hi Damo d.

I did some research myself and checked with Bupa; Medibank; HCF; HIF and HBF.

Currently these health insurers DO NOT cover teledentistry.

RomDawg
RomDawg

Hi,
I’m not sure if much has changed over the past year ^^ but I am with AHM and I entered both item numbers and they are covered 100% ... my limit is $1800 so essentially I would only be paying a very low amount out of pocket. Could be worth persuing.

rosealba1999

rosealba1999asked

SmileShop NSW, Parramatta

Where will I be able to get the lip balm?
Can I come into your Parramatta location and buy some?

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Hi Rosealba, we currently do not sell our lip balm in Australia but it does come complimentary with each SmileShop visit as well as being included in the aligner kit.

Nadiia

Nadiiaasked

SmileDirectClub

Hi. I am wondering if this price is for top and bottom teeth

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

We have two pricing options available that are the same for any customer's treatment. If a customer is eligible for treatment on both arches, they'll pay this amount.

Cazzdoll
Cazzdoll

So does this mean there is a different price for only one arch if needed?

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

We're already up to 60% less than other teeth straightening treatments, which is why all customers pay the same price regardless of their treatment plans. The same amount of care goes into creating the plan, having it reviewed and approved, and creating, shipping, and fulfilling all aligner orders. All customers have access to our dental team and our 24/7 support team.

Need to know

Need to knowasked

SmileDirectClub

I have read a lot of reviews from the US. The biggest issues have been,

1. Not the right fit, digging into gums and too long or too short, have often been reported.
2. Creates straighter teeth but at the price of getting an incorrect bite after treatment.

How do you get the fit right from scanning and why is it happening so much?
Are you unable to straighten teeth without getting a "bad bite" result?
It does all seem a bit out of reach, or, Too Good To Be True!

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Hi there! Thank you so much for the question. I apologize for the delay here. I wanted to make sure I could answer all of your questions completely.

1. How do you get the fit right from scanning and why is it happening so much?
Each of our aligners are manufactured to ensure that they fit our Club members' smiles comfortably, and are also trimmed and buffed prior to being shipped. However, every smile is different, so some may experience some discomfort when they're first starting out.

2. Are you unable to straighten teeth without getting a "bad bite" result?
Yes! Our Australian registered dentists and orthodontists have the ability to develop a treatment plan specific to the customer's concerns and avoid negative results. While we do not claim to resolve all bite concerns, ensuring that our Club members maintain a healthy bite is one of our top priorities when creating a new smile plan. With teeth movement, bite changes during treatment are normal. If customers ever have any concerns or aren't tracking as expected, we're able to offer mid-course corrections and re-evaluations to get them back on track.

3. Why do you charge the same costs when some people only receive a top or bottom treatment? This is not mentioned anywhere.
All of our smile plans have the same costs involved regardless of treatment length or complexity since the price also includes the remote orthodontic assessment, impression capture and digitization, lab set-up fees, and remote monitoring during treatment. The aligners themselves are only one part of the full smile journey.

4. Why can't we call directly to the Smile Direct Club where the consultation takes place?
While our SmileGuides come from a variety of backgrounds and have the ability to answer questions our grinners have regarding our service, process, technology, etc., we find it best to direct those questions to our Customer Care Team Members as to not delay any appointments or slow down the process at our SmileShops.
Our Dental Team is also available 24/7 for any Club member that may have any questions or concerns regarding their treatment.

Feel free to send us a private message if we can assist with anything else!

Laura W.

Laura W.asked

SmileDirectClub

I am currently using Direct Smile and I am finding the first couple of days extremely sore. They are also really affecting my tongue and it’s sore every time I try and speak - is this something that anyone else has had before and do you know if that’s normal?

Tammy Blake
Tammy Blake

My gums were sore the first day or two and again with new set of aligners but definitely not my tongue. Hopefully Smile Direct reply to you here

SmileDirectClubSmileDirectClub

Discomfort is normal in any teeth straightening treatment. This soreness should gradually go away after the first few days of wearing new aligners. If it doesn't go away after a few days, our customer care team can be reached at 1800 515 197 and will be able to assist.

angel94

angel94asked

SmileDirectClub

I have an individual denture (right incisor). Would this product still be suitable for me?

Joy S.SmileDirectClub

Hello, we have helped all types of smiles. Our best bet would be to come in for a 3D imaging appointment to see if the aligners will be a good fit. You can find your nearest SmileShop here: https://smiledirectclub.com.au/en-au/smileshops/ Best, Elizabeth

Get an answer from our members and SmileDirectClub representatives