Smith & Nobel Professional Soup Maker

Smith & Nobel Professional Soup Maker

Fantastic soup maker

I was a little hesitant to buy a soup maker as I thought it would be no different to a crock pot and blender.
It is great! Soup in half an hour, easy to use and clean and no blender burns from splashing.
I recommend this with no hesitation.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harris Scarfe for $70.00.

Great no-fuss soup maker

Decided to look at soup makers on a whim and came across this one at Harris Scarfe in Carindale - it was the last they had in a box besides the demo on the shelf and heavily marked down so I decided to get it.

I've used it several times in the last couple of weeks of purchase and the soup comes out perfect every time in only 30 mins - so fast!

Disassembly and reassembly is incredibly straightforward with the glass jug separating easily from the base of the machine with a twist and click motion, and the blending unit comes away from the jug with a similar action that makes it easy to use and maintain (the blending unit disassembles further into 3 components; the jar base, the blades/heating base and the rubber seal ring). The lid comes in 2 parts which consists of the actual lid and a small measuring cup that sits in the middle at the top. The lid itself provides a tight rubber seal when locked into place on the jug, and the measuring cup clicks into the opening at the top, but still allowing steam to escape. All of this is clearly illustrated in the instruction booklet.

Using the machine itself is also very easy and the instruction booklet details everything step by step. I like to saute first and use the Stir button to move things around before adding the rest of the ingredients. The 3 temperature settings (High, Low, Simmer) makes it foolproof and I only ever use Low to saute, High to do the actual cooking, and the machine automatically switches to Simmer towards the end of the cooking cycle (30 mins). Once the cooking cycle is completed, you can then switch to Blending mode and blend the soup to the desired consistency. I have never needed to blend higher than speed 1 for hot soup, as suggested in the instruction booklet.

To clean, I generally put only the glass jug into the dishwasher and hand wash all the other components, even though the instruction booklet says the non-electrical parts are dishwasher safe. I have not needed to use the self-cleaning function as yet but those are set out step by step in the booklet as well.

A little recipe booklet was also included in the box but I haven't had a chance to try any of these out yet but they look great:

Chili and tomato relish
Fava bean dip
Red wine sauce
Satay dressing
Sweet apple and parsnip soup
Red capsicum and carrot soup
Tomato and basil soup
Carrot and coriander soup
Thyme and creamy chicken soup
Potato and leek soup
Minestrone
Pea and ham soup
Lentil and smokey bacon soup

Basically it's a fairly decent and no-fuss machine for what it does - making soup quickly and easily.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Absolute rubbish

Have owned for 21 months & used 3 times. Heavy & cumbersome. Difficult to assemble, and heat settings are far too hot even on low and soup boils over regularly even at less than maximum capacity. And the instruction book near to useless. Getting error message E4 but can not find anywhere what this means. No error messages in the booklet, and virtually no information about the machine or the manufacturer on the Internet. Heading for the local tip to or row and writing this purchase off. Also note there is nowhere you can make a complaint or query except Harris Scarfe.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

I loathe this item

I have been using soup makers since 2005 when I had a lap band operation. Soups became my staple diet and I have had three soup makers - Breville and Kambrook being two of them. Then my Kambrook broke and, being in a limited Electronic area, I purchased this one online. Bad, bad, bad mistake. The other two would cook (and quick might I add) then blend automatically. They were stainless steel and super compact. This one has a glass jug, which scares the beejezus out of me, in case I drop it. It then interconnects to a tower of a device in a way that you need an engineering degree to sort out (actually I get my mechanic partner to put it together). The settings are weird... apparently simmer is higher than low. Then you have to push the button to blend. It doesn't do it for you. I hate that about it more than anything. After cooking for a loooonnngg time, you have to blend for a loooonnng time and then it still is lumpy. I will never, ever buy this brand again and will complain to Harris Scarfe about the cruddy product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I didn’t get a recipe book for my soup maker how do I get one, or can you forward on line. Thanks
I returned the soup maker to the store as the motor burnt out already! No book, sorryThere are a few recipes in the back of the instruction leaflet, but I basically just Googled soup maker recipes as the various brands are pretty similar in how they work.

Where do I get the smith & nobel professional soup maker recipe book from as I didn't receive one on purchase?
I only got the small book too... can't help you. I am returning mine.

Similar listings