Snooze VIC

Disappointing service post buy

Love the bed and service received in store.
I felt the post service lacking in terms of snooze’s communication with delivery people and ourselves. When I mentioned an issue to snooze I felt guy was dismissive so requested confirmation in an email that issue had been addressed. In his email, he seems to ‘have a go’ at me for something that is clearly a break in their process - they delivered before requesting payment.

Store LocationHawthorn

Poor Service, Rude Staff.

Poor Service, Rude Staff.
We purchased a new mattress from Snooze in Howitt Street Wendouree, which has been a very good mattress.
The staff member had promised us a delivery date, we weren't notified when it arrived, we were then told we would have to pick it up from the warehouse (a crappy tin shed in an industrial complex) and despite being there, we were told that we wouldn't be able to get it as it was the staff members day off, and would have to wait until after the weekend.
I refused, and asked for a refund, was then told to be at said warehouse with my trailer the next day at 10:00am, and was told if I was 1 minute late they would be shutting the gate and going home.
This sort of attitude, and poor service is abysmal, I will never buy anything from there again.

Store LocationHowitt Street Ballarat

Amazing Service and Support!

- extremely easy to navigate and find what I wanted thanks to the staff!
- great range of products available and they were able to put me through a bed matching system to assist me to hone in on the mattresses that matched me and my sleeping pattern best.
- extremely satisfied with the quality of mattress and bed.
- I assembled my furniture all by myself, it was so easy!

Store LocationSnooze Hoppers Crossing
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Kimberley. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to to the team. Regards, Snooze.

Great customer service

Found the store to be layed out easily to distinguish between the quality and price of mattress. The product range was quite large and could be overwhelming if you’re unsure of what you’re after. The quality of the mattress and base we purchased have been great so far. We’ve only had them for over two weeks and were offered to bring back the products if they weren’t satisfactory. My partner assembled our bed base in 10 minutes.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationShepparton
Hi Sarah, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Snooze Shepparton. We're pleased to hear about your wonderful experience both in store and with your bed post-purchase. We'll be sure to pass your feedback on. Regards, Snooze.

Incredible service

I have been considering purchasing a bigger bed for roughly a year... I get very anxious over decisions and so it was a painful process.The only saving grace was the Traralgon Snooze employee Kylie!

It is sadly very common for store people to be either really kurt and dismissive or have a slight mocking tone to their voice when you are painfully slow/over anxious at making a decision on a purchase. It really is very common but Kylie never did that even once which I really appreciated!!! And she didn't just do it once but consistently over the period of a year or more.

She could see that I was finding it difficult and instead of those behaviours had compassion and interacted with me graciously. She answered all my questions and gave me factual information that helped. She never tried to rush me, and offered suggestions to help think through the decision.

I was worried the plush matress would roll into the middle as my last one did, but she explained that this wasn't a result of the plushness as I originally thought but a fault of the springs! To prove it she went above and beyond and lay down on the matress with me to show how they were meant to function.

Incredible customer service - highly recommend Snooze Traralgon.

Store LocationTraralgon Snooze
Thank you for providing the details of your recent visit to Snooze Traralgon Geri. We're pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Kylie and the team instore and will be sure to pass on your review. We hope you are enjoying your new bed! Regards, Snooze.

Assistance with getting the right mattress post purchase

After purchasing a mattress that was recommended by a store assistant (after being on the snooze profiler) it wasn’t the right fit at all. I went back to the store to get some further assistance and received terrible service from one of the shop assistants.

After speaking with head office and subsequently the franchise (Adam) making contact with me, he talked me through some options going forward to make sure that I could get a good nights sleep. He was very understanding and professional and I am thankful that he got to the bottom of this problem so quickly.

Store LocationFitzroy

Firm mattress soft within weeks

My daughter and I each purchased a mattress from Snooze. We both completed the sleep profiler and were then shown mattresses compatible with our results. Both of our mattresses had a level of firmness when we purchased them and both became too soft in a short amount of time.

The manufacturer came to our house and completed an assessment on my mattress and said 'it is soft'. Snooze invited me into the store to select another mattress or have my mattress re-fitted. My issue with this is that I already chose the mattress I wanted so selecting another mattress or having my mattress re-fitted is an absurd solution because they cannot guarantee the same thing will not happen so the likely hood of the mattress going soft again is high, if not inevitable. I already purchased a mattress how I wanted it, and I spent 4 hours in the store doing so.

The same scenario happened to my daughter except she did not call Snooze.

I have contacted Consumer Affairs and they have advised me to take Snooze to VCAT.

Does anyone have any advise/info that would be helpful for me.

The last time I purchased a mattress was 20 years ago. After being on centrelink for years I finally had enough money to buy myself and my daughter a new mattress. It is unacceptable to me that a large business can get away with this. After sitting on a couch from hard rubbish for years, I purchased two new couches from Plush that had so many faults it really was unbelievable. At least they gave me a choice of replace, repair, refund.

Dear Mel, Your comments which were previously posted approximately a month ago, were responded to on this forum. We are of the understanding that the store had then reiterated their offers to assist you via email. However, you had indicated your preference to make an external escalation via VCAT instead. Please know that the Store Representative's intention is to have a discussion with you to reach an amicable resolution and not to insult you in any way. You are most welcome to reopen communications with the team at the store. Regards, Snooze.Below is the latest response from snooze. And yes it is actually an insult to 1. offer me 'a more comfortable feel of mattress' when I already spent 4hrs in the store choosing my comfortable feel of mattress 2. offer a 'respec' when I already spent 4hrs in the store choosing the right firmness 3. offer this 'free of charge' because why would I pay for snooze fault 4. offer to 'resolve your comfort issues' when the 'comfort issue' is not mine it is snooze's comfort issues due to a manufacturing/design fault. Snooze can dance around with words like, respec and comfort issues but the FACT remains that both my daughter and I carefully and painstakingly chose the right mattress for us and within months both our mattresses became too soft. We want refunds and snooze refuses to provide one so yes we will be escalating this. Email from snooze "Unfortunately, as previously mentioned in our last correspondence we are unable to offer a refund. We are trying to work with you to find a more comfortable feel of mattress and our offer of respec still stands free of charge. I’m sorry you feel you need to take this matter further. Again, we are trying to help resolve your comfort issues."

Great customer service

Had great help and assistance the moment I walked in.
I was given a great sale price on the product I admired.
Thank you so much Angela for your amazing customer service.
Love your work!

Store LocationBendigo
Dear Caitlin, Thank you for your review - we're delighted to hear you are pleased with your purchase and the experience you had at our Bendigo store. We will pass this onto them. Enjoy your new product! Regards, Snooze.

Great staff, good result!

Excellent bunch of staff. Adam, Joey etc.
They were really helpful....not too full on. Gave me the choice, made me feel comfortable
For a person that doesn't love going shopping, and has so much online options accessible to me, it's a credit to only the staff there that I purchased there, and will continue to recommend them
Nice one gang!

Store LocationSnooze, Fitzroy
Dear Sashi, Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave this review for our Fitzroy store and team. We are very glad to know you had a great experience, and will pass it onto them. Regards, Snooze.

Outstanding Customer Service

It’s a pleasure to visit this store! Beautifully displayed, great prices but what impressed me and will bring me back was the helpful and friendly service from Leonnie,Lorraine and Carl.

Store LocationChirnside Park
Dear Kath, We are thrilled to hear about the great service and experience you had at our Chirnside Park store. Thank you for sharing this with us, and we will be sure to pass it onto the team there. Regards, Snooze.

Excellent Product Knowledge and Service

Due to us owning a Madison mattress previously, and having a bad experience with another brand mattress, we decided to go back to the Madison brand. We were assisted in our decision by Holly who we found to be very knowledgeable on the product range and easy to speak with. Holly was able to answer every question we put to her and after two lengthy visits to the store, we finally made our decision. We were able to get an excellent price on a top range mattress and base that we were happy with. The Madison Empire was delivered by two very courteous guys and while complimentary set up had been offered we decided to install it ourselves, which was extremely easy to do. Cannot speak highly enough of the service we have received from Snooze Waurn Ponds. Thanks again Holly you are a credit to your company.

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationSnooze Waurn Ponds Victoria.
Hi Jeff, thanks for leaving your review. It's great to hear you had such a positive experience in our Waurn Ponds store recently. We will pass this along to Holly and the team in store. Regards, Snooze.

Very Happy

Very happy with my product and customer service at Dandenong snooze .. Neal was very professional and very helpful.. I would go back for sure.. and I would recommend snooze Dandenong to my friends and family..

Store LocationDandenong Snooze
Thank you for your feedback Sabawi. We're pleased to hear you would recommend Snooze to your friends and will pass your kind words along to Neal and the team. Regards, Snooze

Terrible service and product never delivered

We were promised our king single bedframe would be delivered in a couple of weeks. After calling them on the due date they said they'll get back to us. Never did....
We called them again to hear it hadn't been delivered and they'd chase it up. Once again, no call back.
We waited a week and got more excuses. After 4 MONTHS of having to call them to get updates we never received our order. Not once did they call us to give us an update. We finally gave up and got a refund for our deposit. Terrible customer service. Never shopping at snooze again and will not recommend to friends or family.

Store LocationFountain Gate
Hi whynot. Our sincere apologies for any inconveniences related to your experience with the Fountain Gate store. We are reviewing training and process requirements to ensure customer satisfaction. Regards, Snooze

new mattress

Caitlin was an extremely friendly young woman, who greeted us with a lovely smile.
she was very knowledgeable and patient, and advised on our purchase. we are now awaiting delivery of the mattress.

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave a review here. We're happy to hear that you had a great sales experience at our Fountain Gate location. We would love to hear how your delivery goes and how you like your new bed, so please don't hesitate to update your review then. Regards, Snooze

Amazing service

Nathan at the Fountain Gate store was very helpfully and knowledgeable, he was very professional. Great range on mattresses and it was good trying them all and the sleep profiling program was super cool

Store LocationFountain gate
Hi Kira, thank you for taking the time to write a review here. We're thrilled to hear about your recent experience with our team in Fountain Gate and will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team there. Regards, Snooze

Outstanding customer service

Emma K at Snooze Ballarat went out of her way to assist me with a mattress I had purchased that was not suited to me. She worked so hard to help me find a resolution which was a new bed.
I’ve honestly never experienced such good customer service. Nothing was a trouble to her and she welcomed me to the store every time I went to the store and I can tell you I was a frequent visitor until I selected my new bed. Thank you Emma and we will certainly be back to purchase further beds and tell our friends to buy from you as well.

Shop LocationVIC, Ballarat
Hi riggaz, thank you for leaving a review of your recent experience. We're thrilled to hear about the friendly service you received from Emma at the Ballarat store and we will be sure pass this feedback along to the team there. Regards, Snooze.

Unreliable delivery - poor post sale service

Purchased mattress and base from Chadstone 9 Jan. [name removed] was super and said item would be available 2 weeks at most. If there were any problems was promised to be informed. Then silence. I called Mon 19th and was told supplier would deliver to store on Thursday 24th then to my home Sat 26. [name removed] promised to keep me informed if there was any change. Again silence. I called store 4pm Thurs 24th to be told that supplier still not delivered to them and earliest ETA would be Tues 29 so not before Sat 2nd Feb to my home. Was told that they had continual problems with this supplier - that I was one of 10 customers let down today and that this supplier has a reputation of being unreliable. Tues 29 again up to me to chase them despite having received communication from Head Office in response to myproductreview.com post that the franchiser had been alerted to my issue. No surprise news still haven’t received item from supplier. [name removed] promised to follow up by tomorrow.

Thanks Snooze Chadstone for not being so upfront at time of purchase. Why make assurances or sales when you can’t deliver . You need to fix your own problems with supply and I expect for you arrange direct delivery to home from your supplier at your expense.

Shop LocationVIC, Chadstone
Just an update with an upside....finally received mattress and base 1 feb but ordered legs were missing. Another call to chadstone snooze and helpful Aaron located a set from showroom and DROVE HIHMSELF AND DROPPED THEM AT MY HOME. Much appreciated .

Don't purchase a mattress there

Purchased a Madison mattress worth over $4000 and have had severe back issues ever since. I have now found out that it is definitely the mattress causing it. Snooze are unable to do anything about this and i have spoken to them. Do not buy a mattress here. Shop somewhere that has a money back or trial option!

Shop LocationVIC, Chadstone
Dear S.K, Your disappointment with the Madison mattress purchased is sincerely regretted. There are options to address a possible comfort issue that you are experiencing, which can be discussed with you. We would like you to please email us at enquiries@snooze.com.au with your contact details. Regards, Snooze

Sleazy dodgy sales people.

WATCH OUT! Capt Snooze are worse than sleazy used car sales people. My ex made the mistake of paying a deposit and signing for a bed after a home show in Melbourne where they promote a half price sale. Sucked in. At half price they are still way over priced. After splitting with my ex she did not take delivery of the bed and lost the deposit. Even though I had not signed anything, I was subjected to threatening calls, warning me that if I did not pay for the bed they would sue me. I referred them to my solicitor and have not heard anything since. Not smart business. I warn everyone I know now. Interesting that Capt Snooze don't seem to have a facebook page or a google ad. It would be flooded with poor ratings.

Shop LocationVIC, South Wharf
Hi HKB, Your dissatisfaction is noted with sincere regret and we would like to review details with the store. Please email us at enquiries@snooze.com.au with your name and contact details and also details on the invoice (if these are different) so that this can be undertaken as soon as possible. Regards, Snooze

Snooze Hoppers Crossing

Was served by David who was honest, knowledgeable and straight to the point, highly recommend this store! Only come here!

Shop LocationVIC, Hoppers Crossing
Hi PChen, Thank you for sharing the details of your visit to Snooze Hoppers Crossing. We're so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with David and will be sure to pass your feedback on. Regards, Snooze.