Listing monitored by Snowys Outdoors

2.7
  • Return Claim MadeYes (8) · No
IronSydney

took a while, but Snowys' did eventually fix a problem

My only experience with Snowys was mixed. I couldn’t get a look at a particular tent anywhere near my place, so relied on their online videos and descriptions, which didn’t work out in practice. The tent was really poor in the wet, something I haven’t had to worry about for years, and should have been made obvious on the website. It took a long time, but Snowys did finally resolve the issue, which was reasonably complicated.

Delivery was impressively fast, even during the holidays, but they do use Toll.

Josh C.
Josh C.Central Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service and fast delivery

Living in regional Queensland I was pleasantly surprised when the order that I made late on Wednesday was shipped and at my door by Friday morning for no extra cost.

An item that I had ordered on clearance had been discontinued, but after a quick phone call the super friendly and professional customer service team had found my order and organised a refund (which I then spent on more gear because of how impressed I was with the store, the prices and the quality of the service). 10/5 stars

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, Josh. We are experiencing a few challenges as life begins to return to some normality after the COVID pandemic, it's great to hear that your order went smoothly. Enjoy using your new gear. ~ Ben

Other Camping Shops

Unbelievable customer service

I purchased an Oz tent RX5 with the extra room and zip in floor from Snowys Outdoors SA outlet, unfortunately the zip in floor was faulty. I lodge a warranty claim and was passed onto the states warranty manager Nick, I can't tell you how professional Nick was in dealing with my warranty claim, before you know it Nick organised a replacement from Oz tent direct, not only the floor but also the walls, which makes sense as it all comes in one bag as a kit. Total turnaround was only four days, considering it was over Easter it was amazing. On Tuesday 14 April 2020 I received the replacement kit and it was perfect. I would highly recommend Snowys Outdoors. They are truly professional and I would not hesitate dealing with them again.

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thanks for your positive feedback, Bart, I'll make sure Nick and the whole Snowys team see this. Happy camping in your new tent, it will give you many years of reliable use. ~ Ben

Jo Jo
Jo Jo

Thank you Snowy’s for your help and understanding...

Thank you to the Snowy’s team for providing a store credit on my return of hiking boots that were too small. I appreciate the acknowledgment of my prior phone calls, concerning larger boot sizes, before I placed my initial order. Finding larger sizes in women’s boots is an ongoing dilemma for many tall women.

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thanks for your feedback, Jo Jo, I'm glad we were able to sort things out for you in the end. ~ Ben

Camping Shops

Find out how Snowys Outdoors compares to other Camping Shops

Lyle
LyleWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent online shopping experience

Ordered few oztrail items of which I found Snowys to be of great value. Purchasing online was easy & quick.
Items arrived in superfast time.
One of the items (a bag) wasn't stitched very well, a manufacturers fault, Snowys online were super swift to help & resolved the issue quickly & new replacement item sent same day.
Always a great service that I'll continue to use. Highly recommend.

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thank you for your five star review, Lyle. Always lovely to receive great feedback about our team and service. Appreciate your recommendation too. Happy Adventures! ~ Karen

Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka

Love these guys!

I have used snowys for many years - they don't have everything you might want, but it will be hard to find it cheaper and service is top notch.

Most recent purchase arrived in < 24hrs to VIC - not bad for free postage. I've only ever had to make a warranty claim once on a sleeping mat that developed a blister - they just wanted me to email a photo and a new one arrived within a couple of days. A totally civilised old school seller who do some of the best packing I've seen and get tracking to within minutes if you order during open hours.

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thank you for your kind comments, Franz. We have a great team here at Snowys and are also working harder than ever to offer more products to our customers. So glad to hear your package arrived quickly too. Happy Adventures! ~ Karen

Weaco cfx 50 fridge cover

I had ordered a fridge cover of this site for my boyfriends birthday present and it had ended up being faulty so I had contacted Snowys customer service team Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning, I had already received a reply to return the faulty item! Was great, quick, friendly service over all. Highly recommended!

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Thanks for the kudos, Chasten. Apologies for the hassles, hopefully, it's all straightened out for you now. ~ Ben

Matthew
MatthewSydney, NSW

Excellent customer services dealing with warranty

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

We truly appreciate your feedback, Matthew. I'll make sure I share this with our team as those involved in dealing with your case will love to read your positive words. Happy Hiking! ~ Ben

Other Camping Shops

Tony
Tonyasked
Online store

We recently purchase a 200 watt croc skin armour solar panels , and noticed that it only comes with a 15 amp regulator ,when 200 watts =16.67 amps will the 15 amp regulator handle the extra amperage?cheers, Tony

G'day Tony,
200W only equals 16.67A at 12v.
These panels are 18v, so the max output is 11.11A.
Hope that helps!
~ Lauren

Bwana
Bwanaasked
Online store

Greetings. I recently purchase a replacement dimmer for my yellow/white light setup. The new dimmer has got a different yellow connector (key locks)from my previous one and so doesn't connect up with the the 2 light bars through the Y connector piece. Please advise.

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

I assume you are referring to the Korr Camp Light Kits here Bwana?
If so, then as far as I am aware the fittings have always been the same. If you are still having problems here I'd suggest sending some photos of the fittings to service@snowys.com.au, we'll be in a better position to provide advice.
~ Ben

Ruby
Rubyasked
Online store

I bought the Coleman eventemp 3 burner stove. I want to use It with normal swap ‘n’ go gas bottle from garage. Do I need an adapter? If so, which type? There are so many to choose from.
Thanks,
Di

Snowys O.Snowys Outdoors

Hi Di, assuming you are connecting to the 9Kg Swap and Go bottles which have a POL fitting, you'll you would need is one of these hoses - https://www.snowys.com.au/gas-hose-colemanbomunef-to-pol.
You need to keep the regulator attached to the stove and connect the hose to the regulator, then you can attach the other end of the hose to the gas bottle.
I hope that helps.