SodaStream

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SodaStream

Lee
LeeSydney, NSW

Love my Soda Stream

I really love my soda stream. I am drinking more water now that the tap water can be carbonated. Previously, I will only drink tap water if I am thirsty. Buying heaps of bottles f sparkling water from the supermarkets meant that my grocery bill is a bit over the top, have to find storage space as well as the empty bottles even though can be recycled still puts a heavy carbon foot print in our environment. Still have to make special trips to recycling centre.

Like it so much, I bought a soda stream for my daughter. Not giving it 5 stars only because a new set comes with one bottle. Would be really great if the set comes with two bottles for carbonating. :(

spud42
spud42AU

used to be good

Nick
Nick

Okay for soda water only.

Steve N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible, can't carbonate more than very lightly or water comes out the top

We had a sodastream for years and it was great, it finally died so we bought a new one from Harvey Norman, tried to carbonate a bottle exactly the same as we had done with the old on and water spewed out the top. I took it back with a video of what it did, they replaced it, new one did exactly the same, now we're told it can't be used like the old one, we have to carbonate in 3 stages or something, took it back as it's useless, shame as i really like to have a sodastream

Steve N.

Why did you change the way the old sodastream works?

Helaina L.
Helaina L.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed unfortunately

Mum got me a soda stream (the original version) for Christmas last year because I am wanting to reduce the amount of plastic I use and I love myself a mineral water! However I don’t find that it fizzes up the water barely, it’s mostly flat with a little fizz. In my opinion it’s hardly worth advertising as being able to create natural mineral/soda water. Is the black version any better? Mine is literally sitting in the garage now because I never used it (it’s not worth using) and I’d rather it not take up my kitchen bench space.
Would love to hear back about how I can achieve my goal of having natural soda water without having to buy bottles again from the supermarket. I’m following the instructions exactly.
Thanks, Helaina

Dan
Dan

Buyer beware!

Received a soda stream as a gift. Worked fine for the first bottle then second gas bottle would not switch off after first use. Discharged the entire bottle in one long round. Was actually worried it was going to blow up at one stage. Never gunna use again. Piece of junk product (worst present ever), wasted $35 on a gas bottle and now I have expensive bottles that won’t be used for carbonation coz I’m afraid of this device.
I have video of this discharging through the nozzle even when tilted out, but it would not allow me to upload.
As I don’t have the receipt for this, it will end up going in the bin.

SodaStream A.SodaStream

Hi Dan, really sorry to hear this! Please contact our customer service team by calling 1300 763 278 or emailing us at https://bit.ly/3ngJwCy so that we can troubleshoot this issue with you. Hopefully we can get you back up & fizzing in no time!

Not great

Just purchased a one touch and am disappointed to see that gas cannister does not do 60 litres. Does not do 60l.

Store Locationbig w
John M.Sydney, NSW

4th and final try - its a rip off

John M.

Is there a response? Or am i correct in assuming that there isn't a more costly machine that delivers the result you assert in your advertising?

Theresa GriffithsOxenford

Absolutely fantastic product

Amazing product worth every cent
Easy to use
Easy to set up
Never skips a beat its great as i love bubbly soda water and the other half likes only a few bubbles.
Save on a lot of single use bottles
Just need a bigger gas refill

SodaStream A.SodaStream

Hi Theresa, thank you very much for this super sparkling review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your thoughts. Cheers :)

Gra
Gra

Marketing outweighs performance

Agree with Rob, refills didn’t last as long as the originals and the seals on the bottles are not as good after a bit of use. The old co2 bottles were better.

Store LocationKmart Warriewood
Sand
Sand

We had an issue, SodaStream fixed it!!

SodaStream A.SodaStream

Hi Sand, thank you so much for taking the time to give us this sparkling review! We have an amazing customer service team and are so glad to hear they got you back up & fizzing as quick as possible! Cheers Sand :)

Reneenic
Reneenic

Don't waste your money

Crap so disappointed sometimes good then terrible I want to reduce waste with buying soda but going to throw the soda stream in the bin for the price you pay for the cheap butt made soda stream then the cost of the gas bottles waste of money shame

Jeanine AlmeidaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Something is wrong with these bootles

I had a similar problem that Rob described in his review. I've bought a bottle that didn't last 2 weeks!!! It's only for me, and the last one last months!

SodaStream A.SodaStream

Hi Jeanine, so sorry to read this. Please give our lovely customer service team a call on 1300 763 278 to have a chat through your situation or alternatively you are welcome to email through to sales-australia@sodastream.com to troubleshoot as well.

Jeanine Almeida

I went back to BigW with the receipt to show when I bought it and that would be impossible for me to have spent all gas already and they gave me a new bottle. I don't know what happened.

Rob Northern Region, NSW

Refilled bottles vary greatly in capacity

This machine is only as good as the gas refill you get, and they all vary. We have documented massive differences in the number of bottles every replacement cylinder provides. We consistently press down to re gas three times per bottle. Last gas cylinder was 34 bottles, this last cylinder is only 18. Yes the cylinder is installed tightly. Be better to have an old school soda fountain with bulbs.

Rob

I'll weigh all new cylinders from now on then and let you if there are anomalies right here. Stay tuned to see if you can prove me wrong.

Amy B.
Amy B.Southwest, VIC

Saving the planet one plastic bottle at a time

Love the Soda Stream. Love that we also got 4 syrups to try with machine purchase. Allowed us to taste the flavours before going and purchasing from stores. High recommend if you like carbonated drinks as the syrups are very healthy versions. Save money as you use tap or boiled cool water and no plastic bottles being used.

SodaStream A.SodaStream

Hi Amy, thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are so happy and humbled that you love your SodaStream and that you would highly recommend it to others. We wish you many bubbles of happiness!

Read more reviews - page 2