MPN: 1011711610

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

reviewer2232

reviewer2232

Unreliable

I have been using the Sodastream for well over a year.

I wanted to cut down on the number of plastic bottles of soda I was buying from the supermarket and this was a good solution.

I kept records of output of the Sodastream and it was on par or slightly better than the price per litre for supermarket soda.

The Sodastream assembly is almost entirely plastic and I believe this is the reason that it doesn't give consistent carbonation. You might get good gas on one pour (5 depressions of 3 seconds) but the next will be very weak and despite multiple depressions you get hardly any fizz. This pattern seems to continue and it isnt the bottle at fault.

So, if you want consistency buy soda water from the supermarket.

Doesn't produce enough refills

Sodastream works well however it filled only 25 bottles for $20. I can buy Springwater from coles for .90c. I am very disappointed in the poor economic value. I hope to see the price of the refill cylinders come down in price in the near future.
Steve

Store LocationHarvey norman coffs harbour
Karen I.

Karen I.South West, WA

Cylinder doesn't last long enough to be economical

I purchased a Spirit OneTouch a couple of months ago from BigW. The first cylinder lasted about 4 weeks with 2 bottles carbonated a day. The last one has only lasted about 2 weeks with similar carbonation amount. I like the idea of less waste going to landfill when using Sodastream, but it is not going to be very economical if there is a need to purchase a cylinder so often!

Store LocationBigW

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just so good!

Store LocationMyer

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sodastream Works Well and Reduces Waste Plastics

Has been working well for the past six months. We find simple Aldi cordial make good softdrinks and likewise simply lime juice.
We were able to reduce our plastic consumption also.
Only negative is they're perhaps a little expensive for what they are.

Timmy Tonsil

Timmy TonsilNSW, 2024

A pathetic company with poor customer relations

I accidentally left my empty SodaStream cylinder at home, needed a refill so paid double $38 ($19 normally with a replacement cylinder). When I went back with 2 empty canisters, I thought they'd just give me a new one as a trade-in for the 2, But no they only offered me a $1. What a rip-off. Spoke to the Company, who admitted that was their customer policy. Thought everybody should be aware of such a mean-spirited company, so Soda Stream really is. Don't trust theses guys

Store LocationSodaStream

poor after sales service

Machine not fizzing and not buzzing. Rang help desk they said send photo, photo sent. Then they wanted me to send video. Very difficult, so my son had to help me to send it via We Transfer. They accessed the video then, they emailed me to say they had lost the video and to resend. I am not able to video or submit video myself. Don't expect efficiency from this company.

JMG

JMGKleinton

After 12 months the machine fails

Soda stream told me they do not provide spare parts or have repair centres for their machines!! After warranty our machine started leaking. I had to message a video recording so they could help me. They told me to hold the machine in locked position! I want a FIX!! $160 FOR THE MACHINE, $30ea FOR THE GLASS CARAFES, $20.95 TO REFILL A CYLINDER!!! NO REPAIR SERVICE, NO SPARE PARTS??! This is a joke! NOT ENVIRONMENTAL! We purchased the machine as an environmental choice to reduce waste and use our own water. It was great whilst working but it's cheaper to buy horrible plastic bottles from supermarket... NOT HAPPY!!

fangarang

fangarang

Sodastream Play - no bubbles dreadful service.

We had an old model soda stream which was fantastic and eventually died and so we went and bought a new sodastream Play (the only model available) immediately. We were so disappointed. The new model didn't grip our old bottles so thinking that was why we had no bubbles we went and bought all new bottles which the Play machine gripped but still didn't put bubbles into the water - a total fizzer - no pun intended. We contacted soda stream but they are very very slow to respond.

Marie

Marie

Not all machines are equal.

wombarra

wombarraIllawarra, NSW

Saving me heaps of time and money

Jan

JanPerth

Unaviable

Love soda streem, but my advice is don't buy it. You cant find refills for the canisters. Service is shocking you go forweeks without gas as they don't supply shops with them. The canisters are expensive. the stores selling Sodastreem should advice people no rifills . And last you will not get 60liters out of one canister as it claims.
Jan