Sofas Direct
Brand Manager for Sofas Direct? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.7
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (3)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (1) · Not as advertised (1)
Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service, communication and quality control

I had some of the worst service that I have ever experienced with Sofas Direct. Our sofa was delivered to the wrong specifications, there was very poor communication, promises about providing the right sofa were not kept, there was very poor coordination between Sofas Direct and their manufacturer, and misleading information was provided. It took three months of further hassling Sofas Direct to get them to actually deliver the sofas I had specified and paid for. An extremely disappointing and frustrating experience.

Woeful Service and Accountability

Vivianne W.
Vivianne W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beyond disappointed

Local99
Local99Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

How not to run a business - dismissive service and poor quality product

Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience with Sofas Direct. Rude and dismissive service, a complete lack of communication or accountability and a product that was a real let down. Super disappointed in the whole experience, please take your money to another Australian made manufacture, until they sort out their business.

Find out how Sofas Direct compares to other Furniture Shops

Personally I would not recommend Sofas Direct to anyone.

In my opinion the build quality was very questionable and the customer service was aggressive and dismissive. I will not be recommending Sofas Direct to anyone i know.

BeNiceToYourCustomer
BeNiceToYourCustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service

Fact 1: Decor looked good and I was thinking of purchasing a product or two.
Fact 2: Walk up to the lady at the counter wanting to ask about a particular design of sofas. To summarise the conversation, instead of saying they don’t manufacture this model, she proceeds to convey the following messages. 1. You can’t afford it. 2. When I said it’s an investment, she proceeded to comment about the look on my husbands face. 3. If we manufactured it here it would cost $6500. My response was yes, that’s how much I spent on my last couch and I walked out of the store.

Esskamo
EsskamoSouthwest, VIC

Workmanship sub-standard and no after sales service

Sue
SueMelbourne

Sofa and chair lovely, VERY POOR AFTER SALES EXPERIENCE

Vswaine
Vswaine

Workmanship not up to standard

Similar experience at Richmond Store

I had a similar encounter with a man at the Richmond store. My instructions in regard to the delivery of the sofas had not been followed. I pointed this our politely and then was subject to a tirade of abuse, the likes of which I had never encountered in any circumstances, let alone when i was the customer. I would never deal with him again. This occurred a couple of years ago, so he may no longer be there.

Logan K
Logan KNorth Queensland, QLD

Terrible quality for a high priced custom sofa

Kay
KayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great store...until yesterday.

Stacy
Stacy

Terrible customer service after sofa is faulty

3 months after buying a couch from SD, these guys refuse to resolve an issue with a faulty couch. They came out and agreed it was a fault but still no action! And nobody ever calls us back. Would not recommend buying from them.

Worst customer service and substandard product

I experienced unprecidented aggression and poor customer service here. The woman was abnoxious and condescending. Male staff member was also aggressive. I did purchase sofas as thought they would be great quality. Had to pay before I got to see the finished product or they wouldn't deliver. It wasn't as expected. My further attempts to fix it were ignored. Very regrettable spending my money here. The end product may as well have come from fantastic furniture.
The style