Solahart L Series

Solahart L Series (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solahart

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
David MacKinnon
David MacKinnonNortheast, VIC

Poor service from Solahart & the local service agent.

Date PurchasedSept 2001
Jannai
JannaiMount Colah

Terrible product and service

Date PurchasedJan 2015
philNorth Queensland, QLD

Great product failure of solarhart own repairer

This product is perfect for North Queensland conditions purchased in 2001. Serviced at 5 year intervals yes even sacrificial annode recently had a dripping overflow pipe so had service done and was told cold water relief valve should be replaced agreed to it to stop dripping. When I got home found it to be leaking worse. Contacted Solahart only to be told it's only the tank expanding and contracting. How is a lose of 144 litres on a 24 hour period be normal. I thought by dealing with Solarhart them self I would be safe. The rep told me it's fine. No it's getting worse. Not happy Solarhart.

Date PurchasedOct 2001
phil

UPDATE.contacted the company. THEY were efficient will send rep over in 2 days to try and rectify issue

Ferenc
FerencBrisbane

Thermostat setting - 50 degrees is just not hot enough

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Peter
PeterGlenwood

J series. Useless

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Saves power bills, but so does any cold shower.

Jacked Off
Jacked OffPerth, WA

Solarhart Midland

We had to hound Solarhart Midland to get a new tank installed. This was eventually installed this Wednesday the 23rd March 2016. We have a double storey house. They came with no ladder as our house backs onto a heritage trail and we had the plumber from Solarhart visit us the week before. My Husband had a double ladder which they used. Anyway guess what they haven't connected the hot water. New tank no hot water. Bloody pathetic. We have to ring them after Easter and ask for them to come back to fix this. Not good enough. Never met a company so pathetic. I expect a discount due to poor service.

Huntsman
HuntsmanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

great after sales service

We have a 300L system for house of 3 and it works really well. We have had the system fir two years and have had a couple of call outs to sort out a dodgy thermostat.
The thermostat was replaced under warranty and the service was really good.
I have turned booster off and don't run out of hot water which is great - the system has saved us 4kwH per day on electricity.
I would recommend this system.

Anna
AnnaBrisbane

Happy so far

Poorly installed

Just got off the roof adding insulation to the tubing left exposed by the plumbers. The hot water line has been frozen every frosty morning. The insulation that was installed is already breaking down. Also there is no insulation on the circulation pipes so there is little hope of getting hot water anytime soon

Awful costs more in electricity now!

We replaced our roof and were unable to keep out 1980's system so decided to replace. Worst decision ever! Temps are so low that my 2 yo complains of cold showers yet only hot water tap turned on in winter. Have had the mixing valve replaced twice and still not very satisfied. They claim Government ruling but seriously get the valve thing right. We never used the power unless we had 2 overcast days before now we have to turn on power every night. So not happy.

northernanglerNorth Queensland, QLD

Solahart installation.

northernangler

Extra comment on my original, I have installed an "under sink" instant heater. It works really well, instant hot water at low cost. Unit cost me about $80.00 on ebay and now a big saving in water albeit with a little extra in electricity.

Shocker- zero rating in winter

We replaced our fantastic effective1979 SolarHart in 2013 with an L Series 150 L tank which is supposedly adequate for a large family,. The 2013 one is dreadful. Cold water in Winter. The district rep is not contactable and the plumber seems unable to rectify. Water temperature is inadequate 50degrees and we are reduced to one person having a shower each day. .

Jack.D
Jack.DHervey Bay

Beware

Jamie
JamieSydney

Solahart 302L one of the best

I'd suggest that the problem may be external to the solar hot water system. Collectors don't lose heat from the storage tank, so replacing one would do nothing and the tank insulation is very good. I'd suggest getting a plumber to check for an internal leak in your hot water line. It may also be something simple like a leaking hot water valve. Otherwise, the system may be too small for your application.

Find out how Solahart L Series compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Better than I had ever expected

We have had our Solahart 302L for 3 months now and have saved over 300 off our hot water bill. There are 6 of us in the house and haven't run out of Hot water once. The service from Solahart Townsville was next to none.

HutchieMackay

Sub-standard performance and pitiful service.

Hutchie

An update - now all of the kids have left home and only my wife and I in the house. This unit still cannot give a hot shower on the second day of rain.
No Contact from Solahart.

Nadia G.
Nadia G.Perth, WA

Five star Service

Rethink customer service

We have the system now installed for 12 years and had it serviced at the recommended intervalls. We recently had our fuse jump out and I had to get up on the roof to see what it was as it was related to the booster. When i opened the plastic side, all I could see was corroded material which was leaking water and therefore made the fuse jump out. We contacted the solahart technician and he said that they serviced it every year, however because it was a cheaper model at the time that that kind of 'wear' was normal. They offered me to replace the unit with another one for $3997. You are kidding. My advice "Stay away from them".
The rebatte at the time
Corrosion even when serviced, customer service, professionalism,

J.MurrayPerth

Substandard Product, substandard customer sevice

Paid almost double the average price for a Solahart system thinking "you get what you pay for", how wrong was I, here I am looking at my second Christmas in three years with no hot water, now been fobbed off three times this time. Think I might start legal proceedings against them as it's still under warrenty and I've had enough. Solahart Midland, W.A. you suck, buyer beware.
Hot water when it works
bad warranty service, breaks down on an annual basis.

Solahart
Martin LynchSolahart
Debra Paul
Debra Paul

COSTLY COLD WATER FROM THE SUN

Jacques75
Jacques75launceston tasmania

beware of maintenance and spare parts costs

Andrew
Andrew

First solar hart unit lasted 20 years - next one 15 years. Have been advised replacement is required and it only has a ten year warranty. Prices on the up and up and quality?

Not happy

After sales service is non existent. Beware all those Canberrans installing them before Christmas! Two weeks ago we came back from 3 weeks holiday to no pressure in the hot water and are having great difficulty getting anyone to call back after 8 phone calls. A man did come out last weekend but did not know what was wrong and it still is not fixed. The heater was working very well until now.
Very efficient until now.
No pressure in hot water after 3 weeks holiday. After sales service non existent.

Can only go by experience....and that's excellent

Roger E
Roger EVarsity Lakes

Don't do it,don't do it.

These guys claim to have 59 approximate years experience building these things and I thought things from China didn't work, but the fact that these guys can't get a solar hot water system to work after 50 odd years does not auger well for their technical skills,especially under our Queensland sun. I have cleaned the panels to no avail.
Free hot water