Solahart L Series

Ron Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Sad and disappointed.

Household Size1 person(s)

TOTAL LACK OF SERVICE FROM DISTRIBUTOR

Have had problems with our hot water system since it was installed 9 years ago.. Still having to turn on booster to get hot water and distributor doesn't get back to you. Last time he came out was because I was in the office complaining and he just happened to walk in. Also when installed was not put on straight.

Date PurchasedNov 2008

not good value when it only last for 8 years

had to fix tv antenna and found heater was leaking ,water quality is very good ,old heaters would last 8 to 10 years with poor water quality will not be fixing my solarhart over priced poor quality wish I had this review page 8 years ago.would not have put one in.

Date PurchasedAug 2010

302L tank only lasted 10 years

Two commercial installations of the solarhart 302L. One tank just went, and the inspection on the other tank shows it is leaking and also needs to be replaced. These tanks should last longer than this! Looking online you can find many companies that offer 10 years warranty on the tank.

Date PurchasedJune 2007

Well below expectations

We had a solarhart hot water system installed 6 years ago and have just had the bad news that it is all rusted out and needs replacing. After expecting to get much more time this was extremely disappointing. The solarhart guys
gave us this news and then an invoice for $163 call out fee, with no help offered for the immediate leak problem.
We have lost faith in the solarhart brand and feel that Solarhart should review their call out fees. Would also advise everyone who has one to get it checked before the 5 year warranty runs out.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Poorly installed. Panels not strapped to the roof, only held in place with the copper water pipes

Solar hot water system stopped working after 12 months. I just rang solarhart and they don't have an out of hours emergency plumber. Had to wait untill 7am Monday to book a call out. I was hoping it would work for longer than 12 months before it failed. No hot water, for 3 days and still waiting for their plumber.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Jennifer Margaret

Jennifer MargaretBallina

It stopped working after 1 week

When my solar hot water system stopped working after just 6 years I was recommended by the plumber to purchase a whole new system from Solarhart - he told me they were the best. In good faith I followed his advice and did so. After just 1 week it stopped heating. I contacted the provider and was eventually told that even though the green light had gone out (which the manual said indicated it was not heating) it was heating!
Confused?! She was the business owners' wife and she said her husband would contact me later that day when he was available. That was 2 days ago and I'm still waiting.... To be continued. ( but I wish I had checked out this site before trusting the plumbers advice.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

DONT BUY SOLAHART / Rheem

Sadly, I poorly invested $6,000 dollars on a three panel solahart hotwater system thinking it would last longer than 6 years. However, the system has suffered a catastrophic premature failure. Leaking panels. Lucky for Solahart it just made it past warranty, with Solarhart giving me the two finger salute. Solahart is owned by Rheem so beware of this namesake product range too. I found Choice magazine a great place to start looking for your replacement system. Im thinking a straight electric hotwater system with a solar power panel system may be the best replacement. Main thing to take away from this is "buyer beware" of solahart / Rheem. You wont get any product or after sales support.

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Waz

WazAU

Solarhart - No thanks!

Date PurchasedAug 2001

Tony Hunt

Tony HuntPerth, WA

Luke warm water

I have nothing good to say about my solarhart. Even with the booster installed the hot water takes more than a minute to come through and it's luke warm at best.

Especially over winter you pretty much can't have a decent shower. You can't wash dishes in hit water.. Even if you might get a could a few minutes worth of water it will go cold and you'll have to get out of the shower.

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Peter

PeterGlenwood

J series. Useless

Ad

Saves power bills, but so does any cold shower.

Jacked Off

Jacked OffPerth, WA

Solarhart Midland

We had to hound Solarhart Midland to get a new tank installed. This was eventually installed this Wednesday the 23rd March 2016. We have a double storey house. They came with no ladder as our house backs onto a heritage trail and we had the plumber from Solarhart visit us the week before. My Husband had a double ladder which they used. Anyway guess what they haven't connected the hot water. New tank no hot water. Bloody pathetic. We have to ring them after Easter and ask for them to come back to fix this. Not good enough. Never met a company so pathetic. I expect a discount due to poor service.

Poorly installed

Just got off the roof adding insulation to the tubing left exposed by the plumbers. The hot water line has been frozen every frosty morning. The insulation that was installed is already breaking down. Also there is no insulation on the circulation pipes so there is little hope of getting hot water anytime soon

Find out how Solahart L Series compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Awful costs more in electricity now!

We replaced our roof and were unable to keep out 1980's system so decided to replace. Worst decision ever! Temps are so low that my 2 yo complains of cold showers yet only hot water tap turned on in winter. Have had the mixing valve replaced twice and still not very satisfied. They claim Government ruling but seriously get the valve thing right. We never used the power unless we had 2 overcast days before now we have to turn on power every night. So not happy.

Shocker- zero rating in winter

We replaced our fantastic effective1979 SolarHart in 2013 with an L Series 150 L tank which is supposedly adequate for a large family,. The 2013 one is dreadful. Cold water in Winter. The district rep is not contactable and the plumber seems unable to rectify. Water temperature is inadequate 50degrees and we are reduced to one person having a shower each day. .

Jack.D

Jack.DHervey Bay

Beware

HutchieMackay

Sub-standard performance and pitiful service.

Hutchie

An update - now all of the kids have left home and only my wife and I in the house. This unit still cannot give a hot shower on the second day of rain.
No Contact from Solahart.

Rethink customer service

We have the system now installed for 12 years and had it serviced at the recommended intervalls. We recently had our fuse jump out and I had to get up on the roof to see what it was as it was related to the booster. When i opened the plastic side, all I could see was corroded material which was leaking water and therefore made the fuse jump out. We contacted the solahart technician and he said that they serviced it every year, however because it was a cheaper model at the time that that kind of 'wear' was normal. They offered me to replace the unit with another one for $3997. You are kidding. My advice "Stay away from them".
The rebatte at the time
Corrosion even when serviced, customer service, professionalism,