Solahart L Series

Solahart L Series

Booster not boost so good.

I have a 302L Solahart 3 years old. Have an in house booster switch I use when necessary. I can boost any time of day for 2-3 hours and never gets hotter than Luke warm at best. My previous unit was a 25 year old Rheem and the booster worked fine. Just the 2 of us. 3 quick shrs a day. This unit does not perform as described in my booklet. PIPING HOT WATER ALL YEAR ROUND. I think not. I have been told the booster should be on continually and the internal thermostat should switch on and off as required. ?? Any thoughts on that ? I am in sunny Cairns so my system should be operating at it's maximum on sunny days one would think. Disappointing to say the least.
Cheers Greg

Date PurchasedMay 2014
EvoHeat EVO270

Looking for Electric Hot Water Storage Systems?

Read the reviews for EvoHeat EVO270

Ad

Booster using too much power

Solahart with automatic booster our power bill has increased. Trying to eliminate other appliances by switching them off as advised by western power.
In a 2hr period this am the booser was switched ON and used 5kw power.
In the preceding 24hr period with the booster switched OFF there was only 5kw used.
Solahart people won't have it that the booster is using excessive power has to be something else.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

philNorth Queensland, QLD

Great product failure of solarhart own repairer

This product is perfect for North Queensland conditions purchased in 2001. Serviced at 5 year intervals yes even sacrificial annode recently had a dripping overflow pipe so had service done and was told cold water relief valve should be replaced agreed to it to stop dripping. When I got home found it to be leaking worse. Contacted Solahart only to be told it's only the tank expanding and contracting. How is a lose of 144 litres on a 24 hour period be normal. I thought by dealing with Solarhart them self I would be safe. The rep told me it's fine. No it's getting worse. Not happy Solarhart.

Date PurchasedOct 2001
phil

UPDATE.contacted the company. THEY were efficient will send rep over in 2 days to try and rectify issue

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Solahart L Series compares to other Solar Water Heaters

northernanglerNorth Queensland, QLD

Solahart installation.

northernangler

Extra comment on my original, I have installed an "under sink" instant heater. It works really well, instant hot water at low cost. Unit cost me about $80.00 on ebay and now a big saving in water albeit with a little extra in electricity.

EV79Lawton

EV79LawtonWA, 6018

It's ok

My husband and I have decided to install a Solarhart water heater instead of using gas water heater for cost saving purpose.
It turns out that the Solahart really can save water during summer time but be prepare to pay a big bill during winter time as most of the time you do not to use the electric booster to boost the hot water.
If you have a big household, my advice is do your research and whether is it really worth to install a solar water heater or gas water heater.
Save money during sunny day
costly