Solahart

See the Best Solar Panel Installers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solahart

1.7
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (34)
  • Purchase Price$7,560.22

Bad advice + Bad fix = Busted Roof Panels

Had a leaking frost valve, regular plumber said contact these people. Was told "You only need one frost valve, we can just remove the leaking one". Two weeks or so later the Solarhart man arrived, frost valve was removed, all fixed..... Until, several weeks and frosts later we heard water running down a downpipe, on a corner of the house we don't pass often. The roof panel where the frost valve was removed had burst, very hard to spot where the panels are situated, could have been losing water for a week, just waiting for the excess water bill. Solar hot water will soon be gone from our roof for good. Not Recommended at all.

• Timeliness
Warren PicklesHunter Region, NSW

the Powerwall hasn't worked for over 16 days

the Power wall was installed in may worked well for a period then a fault occurred and it been that way for 16 days,

Sales manager13
Sales manager13Cairns

1.7 average review score, your dreaming

4/5 months waiting for a warranty test,
no service, still waiting

Grantsean
GrantseanTownsville

Don’t waste time and money!

Rang solar hart on a Monday for 84 year old mother who had no hot water, they sent round sub contractor Tuesday afternoon who told us we needed a new system and that solar hart would send us a quote by the end of week, it’s been one week and still no correspondence from solar hart, great effort from solar hart for an elderly lady in the middle of winter.

Kàlmán K
Kàlmán KAU

Their own bad installaiton caused damages and they demanded payment for repairs

On my roof I have a Solahart hot water cylinder. Last year I paid $200 for maintenance and this year it broke down and it turned out that it was due to a short that in their cabling around the junction box (see image of melted box below). They are demanding further $600+ for repairing the damages they caused.

When will people start to realize that if they have solar panels and buy a regular hot water cylinder with a daytime timer for less than 1/3 of their price they are way better of with no running costs and not exposed to be ripped of for overpiced repairs and maintenance charges?
This product is just so unsustainable, customers just forget to do the proper maths to realize that.

lcass
lcassPerth, WA

Warranty not honoured

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Take Your Business Elsewhere

John

Solar panel maintenance: why it's important and what you need to do

Properly maintaining your solar panel system will help ensure it works correctly, safely, and efficiently. We go through what needs to be done so that your system can lower your power bill and let you pocket more savings.

Clara V.
Clara V.
solar-panel-maintenance-why-its-important-and-what-you-need-to-do
DodgefreysPerth, WA

Premium price for poorly rated HWS

Solahart AustraliaSolahartSend a private message

Thank you for your message. We haven’t received an email from you – could you please resend it solahart@solahart.com.au and we will look into the issue.

Mezz
MezzBrisbane

Rude Phone Manner

We received promotional material in our mailbox despite the clear sign saying No Junk Mail. The website shown on the flyer does not exist. I called the phone number shown on the flyer and asked why we had received it. "Sam" told me the Post had distributed it so to take it up with them and told me my question was silly. When I tried to respond she hung up on me before I had the chance. Very rude and insulting. The customer service skills are definitely lacking. I bet if I had called up interested in a purchase I would have gotten a different response. I hold doubts that anyone using their services would be listened to if any sort of disagreement occurred.

• Trustworthiness

SammyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor follow up and lack of installation workmanship guarrantee

My roof was in perfect condition prior to installation of the HWS. I now have to place a tub underneath where the solar panels were installed. Solarhart have not lived up to their promise of warrantying the installation of the unit. Greenwashing turned water on carpet with health hazardous mould.

JenniferWanniassa

Waiting over 4 months for a service and still nothing!

Bought a house with existing solahart water system. Running poorly since November 2021. Made many calls to the local franchisee for a service, but still no service. No local alternatives.

Jennifer

From Dalmeny not Wanniassa.
Store location is Moruya.
Head office uncontactable

Avoid Solarhart, especially Dubbo branch

I insisted on buying a solar system from what was supposed to be the best. We paid considerably more than from a "lesser" company. The salesman was great, but tried to persuade my that I didn't need as large a system as I wanted.

We've never seen that salesman since. His promises have not been met. We 'invested' in the Solaredge system so that we could monitor the system. It has spent more time NOT working than working. Solarhart do not care. They did send out one of their electricians one time: he couldn't get any assistance from the dealer either. Our electricity bills are a similar level to what they were before we installed a 5.5kW Solarhart system. Thanks Solarhart...for nothing.

Jacq
JacqPerth, WA

Unprofessional Rogues with Poor customer service

The worst lack of customer service ever... I originally contacted Solahart for information of my system that wasn't working properly, they advised the plumbers they used and after a month we needed a quote for Sewer connection also. I just happened to request a quote from the same plumbers for 2 different jobs no sooner to be invoiced by Solahart Mandurah. Despite asking if there was a callout fee for plumbing quotes (I was advised no). Amanda Brown has been rude & demanding that because I used the same plumbers they require payment, she is a rogue and wont be getting our business. I have contacted the CCC to report them

TerryHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish

Bad installation and won't cover warranty and owner disregarding the warranty and repairs none what a big waste of money will never happen again and have told everyone I know about it

• Return Claim MadeNo
Terry

No way do I won't anything to do with solahart ever again info and photos was sent to head office and got no reply

dharmenpatadia
dharmenpatadiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from Solahart Hoppers Crossing VIC

Cowboy contractors hired by company with no sense of Standard/compliance took few minutes to run AC cable between two dry wall and invoiced for unagreed $495 for pre wiring which is currently not approved by inspector as it’s not in metal conduit. Pricey outdated panels and terrible service makes Solahart least preferred provider for solar energy system.

C.D.H.
C.D.H.asked

How do I report solahart and get them to replace my fridge and other white good that were fried when solaharts dodgy inverter caused a power surge? They are ignoring my pleas for help.

Kerry MacDermott asked

I submitted a review around 3-4 weeks ago expressing my amazement that when Solahart sent a repair person to fix my 8 y.o. Solahart 302J roof-mounted system, he sent me an invoice for $740, with another visit required to replace the sacrificial anode at a further $200.
This service is apparently necessary every 5 years, doubling the price of the system over its lifetime.
This was never mentioned either when making initial enquiries or at the time of installation.
l attempted to make detailed enquiries at the time but these were artfully deflected by sales staff.
Needless to say l would never have bought the system had l known the cost over 20 years was $8000 rather than $4000.
I have contacted Solahart 3 times but never received so much as an acknowledgement.
My review has disappeared from this website. Why?

Sammy

Yes solarhart have problems with maintence that other brands dont have.

glendaasked

an you get compensated if the solar system is not working and you are waiting ages for a part

Terry

No nothing and no contact ever, and will never deal with any company that deal with solahart

Solahart AustraliaSolahartSend a private message

Hi Glenda, please email solahart@solahart.com.au - with your details so we can contact you.

glenda

Hi the company we purchased from said they will contact us when part is available but have not had solar into the grid as last electricity bill Contacted asolar hart and left a message but know9ne called me back

Get an answer from our members and Solahart representatives

CategoryOnline Shops, Physical Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes