Solar Service Group

Solar Service Group

Early days yet

After some early misapprehension regarding payment terms which were sorted out amicably we finally have the batteries installed. The installation process was carried out professionally by 2 helpful and courteous technicians. They have only been installed for 3 days but appear to be working as they should. I am looking forward to my next power bill.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi James, thank you for sharing your installation experience with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Everything is working perfectly at the moment

We had previously had solar panels installed by another company.
When we heard that SSG were now offering a battery which was within the budget we had set for ourselves, we decided to take up the offer.
The installation crew arrived on time, and were very professional and helpful - and cleaned up everything when they had finished.

Purchase Price $5,880.00
Hi John, thank you very much for your positive feedback. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Great Service , Product and Customer Care

The unit was installed expertly by well trained, friendly operators.
The unit works very well and over time will be a financial bonus.
The company is very customer focused and are happy to go the extra mile to achieve customer satisfaction. The whole experience has been non stressful and everything fell into place with no fuss or bother.

Panel Purchased Solar Storage battery Alpha ESS Smile-B3
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $5,900.00
Hi Rodney, thank you for your kind words and feedback. We're glad that we could provide you with an expert installation. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Im so glad that i have done this

After many months and some earlier misconseptions on my behalf my new solar system with backup battery system was finally installed two days ago.At this early stage i am very impressed the new system is a lot
more advanced version of my old system which installed ten years ago .I am sure within my own mind that it will definitely be well worth the initial cost.
All through the process Solar service group have been very helpful and pleasant with all on going correspondence and I look forward to continuing to work with them.
I was also very happy with the actual installation process i really appreciated that the boys put in an extra long day to get the job finished.
Geremney the electrician was very pleasant and professional making sure to fully explain the operation of the system and check that it was working properly even though it was late in the day.
They also left the work site clean and tidy which was very satisfying.
Thanks again to all involved.
John Lilley

Panel Purchased Sun Corp
System Size5 KW
Purchase Price $12,000.00
Hi John, thank you very much for your positive feedback, we're glad that we could provide you with a 5-star installation experience. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team.No worroes

Great Product

Rather easy after studs wre located. At present I am unabel to generate the monetering app.
The employes were very helpfull and answered all the questions that I ask.
THeir knowleage of the product was good.

Panel Purchased nil
Hi Edward, thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we're very pleased to hear such positive remarks. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team and let us know.

Great product

The installation was amazing, the installer explained everything that I need to know.
He was very patient with me in explaining the system, would recommend the company again.
Have had no problem with the company.

Panel Purchased Samir battery
Hi Louie, thank you for your very positive feedback, we're pleased that you are happy with the installation. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Yet to see the benefits but install was great!

Solar battery installation, installer was great - very professional and tidy! Was informative and happy to help and answer questions. Solar Service Group have been very helpful, took a while to get the product but the quality is there.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Karen, thank you for sharing your experience with us and feedback with a review. We're glad that our technicians were able to provide you with a quality installation for your solar battery. If there's anything else that you would like to see us improve on, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Outstanding Service

Contrary to advice given me earlier, a member of staff in the Melbourne office noticed that I didn't need a new inverter as the one attached to the new solar battery could also handle the solar panels. That saved me $$$. The whole process was actioned and the technicians made the change within 24 hours. Outstanding!!

Panel Purchased Sungrow battery and inverter
Hi Kelvin, we're very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with an outstanding service, if you ever find anything that you think we can improve on, please do not hesitate to contact the team and let us know.

great help keeping costs down and good service

The panel installation was well done with a great friendly and experienced installer who went through the process before and after.
The installing company have been helpful through the process and the price and service has been excellent

Panel Purchased goanna
System Size2.9 KW
Purchase Price $5,800.00
Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us with a review. We're glad that we could give you such a great installation experience with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Solar battery installtion

Professional installtion and very neat job carried out by the guys.
I would be happy to refer them to anyone who wanted to do an install in the future.
The installers were very helpful and tended to everything well.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Mario, thank you very much for your positive feedback, we're glad that the installation team were able to give you a fantastic experience. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

Terrible

I too received a special invitation letter to be involved in a testing phase. I called and they wouldn't provide a quote until I provided a fair amount of information to them, whereupon they then advised I was eligible for the "discounted price" of $6,000 compared to other systems that were $9-15,000. It wasn't until I asked what size battery I got for $6,000 that they said it was the smallest 3kwh size. $13,480 was the price for the largest 12kwh size which as other reviewers have commented, is more than the cost of a Tesla powerwall installed.

This is deceptive marketing at its best. Do your research before calling.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Geoff, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts. We can assure you that this is not a scam and the offer is a legitimate offer of products and services by an established and reputable provider. With the price for participation in the program dependent on installation factors such as location of your switchboard and existing solar installation, it is essential to retrieve this information prior to giving you a quote - otherwise the price quoted would be inaccurate and not a true reflection of the cost of your participation in the program. The difference with this battery is that the system is modular, meaning you can 'stack/build' your energy storage system to suit your system requirements . For example, if your solar panel system only produced enough excess energy to fill the largest battery currently on the market half way everyday, the remaining storage space would be wasted and it would take you even longer to achieve a return on your investment. Expansions on the foundation system can be made over time, or you can choose to expand the system from the time of the initial installation. Please don't hesitate to email us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au or call us on 1300 40 41 42 and we would be happy to discuss these matters further with you.

Installation of goanna battery

The installation of our new battery was very good. The guy that came was very professional and discussed with us a few minor adjustments he was very patient and explained how it all works

Panel Purchased Goanna battery
Purchase Price $6,679.00
Hi Debbie, thank you very much for sharing your experience with a review. We're very glad that our team were able to give you a great installation experience. If there's anything that you'd like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Caveat Emptor!

I find this company and their processes deceptive. They sent me an unsolicited letter with their 'special offer'. I called them to find out more. During this call they ask your 'permission' to take a look at your solar panels online. How did they end up sending me a letter about their 'special offer' in the first place? They had already found my solar panels online - because I didn't buy my solar system from them! When you get down far enough into their deceptive process, you find out that this 'limited' battery offer is ~$6000 for a 3kWH battery. They try to tell you this is a 'modular' battery capable of expansion. Hardly unique. There are other batteries on the market that when you do the maths offer far superior outcomes in terms of ROI - and with no catches on 'studying the data to improve the product' in return for the 'discount'. Then they try to further complicate things by saying your quote depends on factors such as access to your power meter. I just don't believe their spin.

I agreed to let them 'hold my place in the queue' for $100 while I thought about their offer (which I understood to have been only a pre-authorisation on my credit card - like hotels do, which releases when you check-out). When I realised this 'special offer' was a dud, I demanded my $100 back - which I'm quite sure they had no intention of giving despite their verbal agreement and then claims of 'talking to their finance department' when I chased them up twice. Interestingly - 10min after posting this review I got an email with a 'refund receipt' (co-incidence? Hardly). About a week later and after disputing the charge with my bank they refunded the $100 - it was like getting blood from a stone.

All I can say is: Caveat Emptor. I recommend you steer clear to not have buyers remorse later. I'd love to know if all the 'glowing' reviews on here are genuine - I'd be more inclined to believe the ones who have had similar experiences to me.

Panel Purchased N/A with this company
Hi Mick, we are very sorry to understand that your recent experience with our team was not up to our usual standards, this will be investigated internally. There are a few items that we would like to discuss that you have listed above that are inaccurate. If you could please utilise the private messaging tool or reply back with your relevant order reference number, our team will be able to follow up with you soon.Investigated? Yeah, right! Don't bother. I have no need to discuss further - if I'm wrong about anything, post it publically here for others to see. I've already requested that your company not contact me again.Hi Michael, thank you for your reply. We investigated what had happened with your original order, through our investigations we were able to find that you did have an order with us, your refund request was followed up by our Front of House Manager. In fact, it is a coincidence that 30 minutes after you published an online review of that you did receive your refund receipt, as your review was published on a Sunday evening, and our Accounts Team processed the refund unbeknown of your review. You will find that many of our customers who have published reviews of their orders with us will have a 'verified customer' badge attached to their account/review. This means that Product Review have confirmed that the person/account are genuine customers of the company through evidence. The badge does not appear for every review as it is up to Product Review's discretion as to which review/account to request supplementary evidence for. We hope this clarifies your above concerns Michael, if you would like to discuss further, feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42.

A company with integrity.

I recently ordered a solar battery from Solar Service Group and then had legitimate reason to cancel. I advised Solar Service Group of these reasons and they didn't hesitate to refund me the whole deposit. Thank you to all involved.

Hi Gaye, thank you very much for your positive feedback, we're glad that we could provide you with a great customer service experience. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

horrific service Cant Be Worse!!!

Im very disappointed and absolutely outraged that no one has taken the time to call me back!
especially since i had called 4 time that day i last spoke with solar service group.
I keep getting told that someone will call me back (dean) but no one ever does, the lack of respect you guys have is disgusting!
I work in retail/marketing and admin and as busy as i get i still make time to call back my important clients, but obviously you guys do not care what so ever. I have waited too long and only been given half assed answers, you guys are breaching contract as i have paid for a product and yet been given a dud that does not and has not worked to this day!! ***keep in mind i paid all upfront to get a sooner install date (14/2/19) instead of 4/3/19***
Not only has it not been working, but also its not even the battery size that we agreed on!
clearly your main priority is sales as there is a massive lack of communication when it comes to support or details.
william zahroon
[email address removed]
order ref: 46440

dont give me excuses!

Purchase Price $8,800.00
Hi William, we are very sorry for the level of care that you have received thus far as this is not up to our standards. Our Technical Resolutions Co-ordinator will be contacting you ASAP to discuss your above concerns. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us via email; hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

The installation went smoothly and the staff are very helpful and professional.

The installer which attended where very professional and informative about how the battery pack was going to be installed and what would happen after the installation. They did the work in a timely manner and communicated very well on the work they had to perform and answered questions asked of them. The staff of Solar group are also awsome and very professional, with customer satisfaction as there focus.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Will, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with an online review. We're very glad that we could give you such a fantastic installation for your solar battery system. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

From first contact to after installation service was just excellent

The Battery Installation was done to an excellent professional manner the young electricians were very polite. Very Pleasing.
The office staff especially Donna were just so lovely especially when I was having issues programming into the monitoring system....not their fault my silly typing of Passwords.
Congratulations to the company I will be recommending them to all my friends. Very friendly and professional and nothing is too hard.

Panel Purchased I had a Goanna 2.9KW Battery installed
Purchase Price $5,880.00
Hi Helen, thank you so much for your kind words, we're very glad to hear that you are so pleased throughout your entire installation journey with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Installation compliments

The team which installed the battery system was highly professional, very very helpful by explaining the matters which I needed to know and exceptionally courteous. I cannot speak highly enough of the process. As the system, however, was only installed recently I have not yet been able to ascertain how it interfaces with my electricity provider. Presently I am monitoring what I can . Generally my compliments to the 2 technicians who installed the system.

Panel Purchased Goanna 2.9 kwh
System Size2.9 KW
Hi Frank, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you were very pleased with the Technicians and your service. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.since I provided this review I have run into some problems with the communication system that allows monitoring. I have tried to contact your organisation without success. I am disappointed as the contract requires monitoring. Being ignored when seeking to rectify a problem does not seem to be the best way.Hi Frank, we are very sorry to understand that our team have not been in contact as this is not up to our standards at all. Our team member was able to reach you this afternoon, and we will endeavour to follow up with you Monday morning. If you require any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email our team hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

Absolutely Great to deal with, from purchase to installation and beyond.

From the first phone enquires to purchase and installation, this company has it all, high quality products and the professional team to match! Everything from sales,installation and after sales support, no question was unanswered and everything explained thoroughly. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend

Purchase Price $5,880.00
Hi David, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We're glad to hear that you are pleased with your entire journey and installation with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42.

Installation left without completion

1 A contractor attended my address to install a new replacement inverter on 5 February 2019 and a fault was located and as a result, the system was deemed non compliant. The inverter as fixed to the wall with cables not connected. As at the date of this review it still has not been made operational. Discussions were held with the company to fix the problem, but to no avail.
2 I advised that I would be away in two weeks time and wanted it completed by that date. I received a telephone call from the company late at night informing me that all job allocation staff had left for the day. That was two days before I was going away and again I was advised that the work could be done whilst I was away as I did not need to be present for the work to be completed.
3 Upon my return from overseas (5th March 2019) no work had been undertaken by the company. I rang the company, only to be transferred to a message service on behalf of the company. That message was left some 10 days ago and to date I have not had a response to that telephone call.
4 The company wanted payment up front before any work would be done and at this stage they have not lived up to their obligations for which payment has been made.
5 Consideration is being given to another company to complete the work that Solar Service Group has failed to do.

Panel Purchased Goodwe
System Size5.5 KW
Hi Alpal,, our sincere apologies as this is not up to our general standards. Since posting this we have been in contact with you and we are working very hard to resolve this and complete the return work at your property. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42 for any updates.

I cannot see many reviews that come from Melbourne That concerns me. Where have you been working within Melbourne? How long has the team worked together? How much experience do they have?
Hi Chris, thank you for your question. Our Head Office is located in Box Hill and we have installed and serviced systems all over Melbourne and greater Victoria. The team is backed by over 30 years' combined solar industry experience, and all our Technicians are accredited by the Clean Energy Council for all the work that they do installing solar products. We hope this clarifies some of your above queries, if you would like to learn more about our experience in solar, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42 or feel free to visit us at our Head Office at a time suitable for you.

What is the cost of the battery
Around $6,500 from memoryHi Eddie, thank you for your question. The cost for an installation will vary depending on your individual installation, as not all solar systems are the same. We'd be happy to give you a quick quote, we've just sent you a private message, so at your earliest convenience, we'd love to hear back from you.

Thinking of getting a battery installed. We have 5 people in he house. How many solar panels would I need to help me get the best use of a battery?
I have a 5.1 kw solar system with a 1.2 kw battery(gov subsidised)The bigger the battery the better unfortunately they are expensive now but they will get cheaper. only 2 of us in house.We use average of 9.4 kw hrs per day so we are virtually self sufficient. With a quality inverter (very important) this system should cost 10-12 thousand dollars. the amount of panels varies due to size.ie small=27 panels/large=18 panels. Now the real savings come with how you use your appliances ie avoid overuse of ones that involve heat ie fan heaters/ovens/electric jugs/clothes dryers/dishwashers.Use cold water in wash m/c and turn off power at power points (during day and overnight) You can easily halve your power usage by doing the above. Because most systems come with monitoring(laptop/phone)you can see exactly how much power you are using and this will teach you how to use them more effectively. hope this answers your question

Similar listings