Solargain Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Solargain

23 questions from our users

susan shaw
susan shawasked

Can the solar panels be fitted to the patio roof. Susan Shaw

Nicolaas V.
Nicolaas V.asked

do you use contractors to in stall solar systems,or company employees

Wayne H.

It is all handled by solargain. Im in canberra and very happy with them. I

Wayne H.

But I do think they were contractors. It might depend on your location. Canberra can be a bit more particular in regards to work done.

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Nicolaas, we use both in-house and contractors and both need to met our stringent standards in order to maintain our quality accreditations. You can read more about this here: https://www.solargain.com.au/blog/whos-installing-my-solar

AndrewH
AndrewHasked

What is the maximum solar allowed on a single please grid

RJ_SAasked

I would like to know does Solargain install solar panels on 30-35 degree terracotta tile roofs (mine is up to 32-33 degrees). What about 35+ degree roofs (asking for a relative). Please advise if there is a limit to what Solargain can install.

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Rick. Due to our installation and safety guidelines, our installers are unable to work on a roof of this pitch. Thank you for your question. Kind regards, Solargain.

Les Crilly
Les Crillyasked

Can I claim the current government rebate to install a battery to an existing system?

Danny
Danny

Hi Les, I am not sure about the battery, but you can ring up Solargain and ask them.

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Colin. We're very sorry we missed your question until now. Would you be able to contact us at sg.marketing@solargain.com.au so that we can find you in your database? Kind regards, Solargain.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

David
Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly
Golly
SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

jen
jenasked

experiences for a replacement solar system please

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Jen, we'd be more than happy to chat to you about your options. Please feel free to give our Service Department a call on 08 9550 1550.

Harry
Harryasked

Hi there
Can you send me again your quote for 6.6kw system with Trina and Jinko mono perc black panel combine with Fronius inverter including your company name please as i have mixed up all?

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Harry, sure thing. As we can't see any further contact details on here (and wouldn't want you to share them publicly) would you kindly call us on 1300 73 93 55? Kind regards, Solargain.

jimbojames
jimbojamesasked

Anyone had any issues with this company substituting quoted products with others of 'equivalent quality and performance'? It seems to be an annoying part of their terms and conditions that two other quotes don't seem to have. Their quotes are substantially cheaper, hence the concern.

HEAD
HEADasked

Any body have a 10kw system and on a cliplock flat roof .approx cost and do they tell you the rebate amount ?

the merrieminer
the merrieminer
Rit
Ritasked

Our original inverter was replaced due to it being faulty under warranty. Now the replaced inverter is faulty and Solargain says the warranty on the new inverter starts when the original inverter was installed. Is this right? The replacement inverter is less then 3 years old but Solargain says not under warranty.

Andrew
Andrew
Chris
Chris

Yes, it is right. We had exactly the same issue with 2 inverters not lasting out the warranty period.

bill h
bill hasked

what is cost of 3 extra Q cell panels to be installed on my 3 kw system

SolargainSolargainSend a private message

Hi Bill, thank you for your enquiry. We cannot answer your question without collecting some information about your system. Please contact our sales team on 1300 73 93 55 to find out what our best price would be for your situation.

bill
billasked

How much for a decent system installed in safety bay

Oscarasked

Solar gain seems to be good but do they supply the battery storage units? If so what price? Thanks in advance.

John C.
John C.
Oscar

Thanks JC it is helpful to know that once the unit is installed it will fit in with battery storage. I am aware that the technology is still moving forward on battery's but at least once a good one is available it will be compatible
Cheers

Carlasked

What are the costs relating to the meter box, mine will need a full upgrade ?

LRWoz
LRWoz
mikey
mikey

hi Carl,
changing over to the digital meter only costed approx $150. I'm in W.A, not sure if that makes any difference.

cheers, mikey

Thanks guys.
Got a quote for $1500, theyre moving it from the back, required to be near the front of house now.

Damienasked

I have an Aurora 5kw Inverter less than 3 years into a 5 year warranty...been told I may have to pay $165 for some tech head to come out to my place. Have seen some blogs that speak to this common error in the Aurora inverters (Error # 031)...why should I pay when this is under warranty????

Damien

Thanks for the info Mike - still waiting on a response form the ever reliable Solargain.

sevgilim
sevgilimasked

Where are the components for the SolarGain panels and inverters made please?

Mike Crowe

The SMA Sunny Boy inverter is made in Germany. The Renesola Virtus 250W panels are made in China.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

Other Solar Panel Installers