• Warranty Claim MadeYes (20) · No
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Excellent Company

SG installed my 3500W system in 2014 and estimated annual generation from the array as 5371W. It has been within 2% of that every year showing (A ) they use very good software to predict the output and (B) they are very honest at the point of sales .
At 6 yrs the Fronius Inverter failed and SG handled the complete warranty claim with Fronius for me and replaced the Inverter.
The latest software caused messages on the display which I had never seen before but SG technicians came, adjusted the system and explained the latest GDPR software imposed by Western Power Regulations means the latest Inverters work differently from earlier models.
SG are very professional and capable Company and their staff are courteous and helpful throughout .

System Size3.5 KW
SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve. Thank you very much for this glowing feedback, it's great to hear you had such good experiences with our team. If you ever need assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

6.6kw Solar deal just @ $2,999 only + Free travel voucher worth $1,500.

Install a 6.6KW system for only $2,999.00, and receive a travel voucher worth $1,500.00 if you choose to install with us within 7 days of making an enquiry.

Ashik

AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

Rates and Fees
System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchasedtrina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00
Reuben Achior

Reuben AchiorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Job well done. now I let the sun do its bit

Rates and Fees
Installation
Panel PurchasedH HW system B-IHGEHO2-20-300Gl L15 300l Twin panel SHWS Electric Slimline
Purchase Price$3.19

SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

System Size6.6 KW

Get quotes
RobinC

RobinCPerth, WA

Excellent Customer Support

I have been a customer of Solargain in Perth since April 2011, both for initial installation, upgrades, service/solar health checks and advice. The company has always been very professional and installations completed in a safe and efficient manner. Big thanks also to Customer Liaison Officer Evo for co-ordinating my latest upgrade and dealing with all my queries.

Panel PurchasedTrina 270W

elsieperth

Rubblish Aftersales Service

Rubbish aftersales service.
Solargain are chasing me for $202 for a callout fee despite continuing to tell me the fee would only be $160 and when I booked the callout not being able to tell me the sytem was out of waranty.

After not responding to my emails for a month Solargain finally told me my system is out of waranty.
Their tech told me the inverter on the unit they installed only ever produced 440 units and which Synergy shows only exported power for 6 months so it definitely failed during the warranty period.

In addition to the $202 they want $1000 for a "new" inverter........

Ad

I can't believe the magnitude of issues I have experienced with Solargain - It is just a Nightmare!

• +1Thumbnail
System Size10.54 KW
Panel PurchasedFronius and Q-cells
Purchase Price$7,600.00
thislo

thisloPerth, WA

Poor communication regarding after sales service

System Size3 KW
Lee

LeeBrisbane

Very impressed

Very impressed with this company especially their after sales support and service, they are very professional and reliable, I cannot be happier with our dealings with them, I highly recommend them.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Lee. We're very happy to hear you have had such a good experience with us. If you ever need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

SteveVictoria

Great until something goes wrong

Ordered a 10kw Enphase system off Hugo in Melbourne a few years ago.
He offered a great price and service and everything was installed as promised.
For the last 6 months or so inverters keep failing.
Solargain service has been less than perfect, slow to get people to respond to issues.

System Size10 KW
SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, I'm hoping to follow up your case, but so that I can investigate your order on our internal system, can I please have your details, so that I can look into the case properly? Kind regards, Solargain.

Steve

Huia is looking into it.
Hope it gets solved soon.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes

connorlingPerth, WA

Break every 1.5years, cost $222 to claim warranty of faulty unit

Have had solar gain installed in 2016, it broke in 2018, constantly reconnecting instead, got it replaced under warranty at no cost. It breaks again in 2020, called them for warranty, the lady wants me to pay $222 for them to come and look at it then have it replaced. Whole point of installing solar is to save money, it's gonna cost $222 every 1.5 years, more than what I saved from using solar. Don't recommend them

connorling

The operator definitely said they have to come out to "do testing". Ask her to send me an email of what had said and she said she did but never received. What email do I send image to?

SolargainSolargain

Hi Connor, please send the images to service.westcoast@solargain.com.au. We will be in contact once we have lodged the claim or if we require any further information. For your reference, your case number is #47457. Kind regards, Solargain.

Girish

GirishPerth, WA

Very poor after-sales warranty service

The NG booster supplied by the company Solargain has stopped working during the warranty period. They gave me an appointment for their technician to visit me after 3 days. And on the day of appointment, they called to say that they have re-scheduled my job after 3 days. This is in spite of the fact that I pleaded with them that my property is without the hot water for the past 7 days now. They just don't seem to care.

Toomas J.

Toomas J.Perth, WA

Terrible experience

System Size6 KW
Panel PurchasedSolaredge Inverter 2500H and LG panels

Tim46Melbourne

2Kw micro inverter array installed but Envoy failed less than 3 years in.

Was reasonably happy with the install although the sales guy on the phone didnt know much about how solar panels function when the sun was low in the sky. Anyway the install was fine and everything was good until the Enphase Envoy stopped reporting data. Solar gain sent a tech out who concluded their was "noise" in our power cables and that was messing with the Envoy. We tried moving it to other power points, testing where the noise might be coming from but it was all inconclusive. In the end Solar gain just said we'd have to buy an updated version for over $600!!! It was still under warranty but the "noise" issue is apparently our problem even though it worked fine for 2.5 years. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend.

System Size2 KW
Purchase Price$4,200.00

Worst decision

SolargainSolargain

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback and apologies that you have not been satisified with your system performance. We have just sent you a private message for more information. Kind regards, Solargain.

The D.

Yes, I have received your message. My emails have been responded to also. In essence, out of warranty so not interested. Dodgy equipment from the start. A total con.

Pat C.

Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary

Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David

Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers