Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (13)
  • Purchase Price$6,431.67
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Deejinoz

DeejinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took months just to do a PV service...

6.6kw Solar deal just @ $2,999 only + Free travel voucher worth $1,500.

Install a 6.6KW system for only $2,999.00, and receive a travel voucher worth $1,500.00 if you choose to install with us within 7 days of making an enquiry.

Aditya

AdityaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect estimation of plant output

Trustworthiness
prsav

prsavPerth, WA

Caution is advised!

Nick

Nick

The customer service support is terrible

That company has the worst customer service support. After 2 weeks of having the rebate and the loan approved. I haven't received any call to arrange the installation and when I call them the excuse is that they are busy because of Covid. If you want solar panels from this company you have to beg them.

Trustworthiness

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes

BradHunter Region, NSW

Terrible

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

do not use this supplier

DaniellePerth, WA

Don’t use solargain. Buyer beware.

Absolute rubbish chromagen solar hot water system that solargain sold us just 6 years ago. The main connection into the tank had rusted and we were told we would have to buy a whole new system. Solargain were rude and dismissive about selling such rubbish. Be aware of their salesman crap speech. I will never recommend this disgraceful company to anyone.

SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

Sue H

Sue HWheatbelt, WA

Terrible after sales service!

Having just paid over $12,000 on a brand new product..Q Home from Solargain I am really disappointed with the after sales service...or rather lack of service! Although the installer did a good job, despite having never installed this product before, the technical communications with the inverter continues to be a problem that neither Solargain or QCell want to resolve! Very much over it now! Will never recommend either of these companies and will be heading to consumer protection!

elsieperth

Rubblish Aftersales Service

Rubbish aftersales service.
Solargain are chasing me for $202 for a callout fee despite continuing to tell me the fee would only be $160 and when I booked the callout not being able to tell me the sytem was out of waranty.

After not responding to my emails for a month Solargain finally told me my system is out of waranty.
Their tech told me the inverter on the unit they installed only ever produced 440 units and which Synergy shows only exported power for 6 months so it definitely failed during the warranty period.

In addition to the $202 they want $1000 for a "new" inverter........

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes

I can't believe the magnitude of issues I have experienced with Solargain - It is just a Nightmare!

• +1Thumbnail
Installation
K Tran

K TranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use! There's some gotcha!

connorlingPerth, WA

Break every 1.5years, cost $222 to claim warranty of faulty unit

Have had solar gain installed in 2016, it broke in 2018, constantly reconnecting instead, got it replaced under warranty at no cost. It breaks again in 2020, called them for warranty, the lady wants me to pay $222 for them to come and look at it then have it replaced. Whole point of installing solar is to save money, it's gonna cost $222 every 1.5 years, more than what I saved from using solar. Don't recommend them

connorling

The operator definitely said they have to come out to "do testing". Ask her to send me an email of what had said and she said she did but never received. What email do I send image to?

SolargainSolargain

Hi Connor, please send the images to service.westcoast@solargain.com.au. We will be in contact once we have lodged the claim or if we require any further information. For your reference, your case number is #47457. Kind regards, Solargain.

No Service

Called Solargain on the Monday and was advised I would receive a call back within 48 hours, come Saturday no call back and inverter is still not working. Very disappointed.

Girish

GirishPerth, WA

Very poor after-sales warranty service

The NG booster supplied by the company Solargain has stopped working during the warranty period. They gave me an appointment for their technician to visit me after 3 days. And on the day of appointment, they called to say that they have re-scheduled my job after 3 days. This is in spite of the fact that I pleaded with them that my property is without the hot water for the past 7 days now. They just don't seem to care.

Pat C.

Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary

Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David

Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers