Listing monitored by Solargain

2.2
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (9)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (9) · No
  • Purchase Price$7,810.00
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00
SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased Qcell
Purchase Price$6,690.00
connorlingPerth, WA

Break every 1.5years, cost $222 to claim warranty of faulty unit

Have had solar gain installed in 2016, it broke in 2018, constantly reconnecting instead, got it replaced under warranty at no cost. It breaks again in 2020, called them for warranty, the lady wants me to pay $222 for them to come and look at it then have it replaced. Whole point of installing solar is to save money, it's gonna cost $222 every 1.5 years, more than what I saved from using solar. Don't recommend them

connorling

The operator definitely said they have to come out to "do testing". Ask her to send me an email of what had said and she said she did but never received. What email do I send image to?

SolargainSolargain

Hi Connor, please send the images to service.westcoast@solargain.com.au. We will be in contact once we have lodged the claim or if we require any further information. For your reference, your case number is #47457. Kind regards, Solargain.

Girish
GirishPerth, WA

Very poor after-sales warranty service

The NG booster supplied by the company Solargain has stopped working during the warranty period. They gave me an appointment for their technician to visit me after 3 days. And on the day of appointment, they called to say that they have re-scheduled my job after 3 days. This is in spite of the fact that I pleaded with them that my property is without the hot water for the past 7 days now. They just don't seem to care.

Solar Panel Installers

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchased Solaredge Inverter 2500H and LG panels

Worst decision

SolargainSolargain

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback and apologies that you have not been satisified with your system performance. We have just sent you a private message for more information. Kind regards, Solargain.

The D.

Yes, I have received your message. My emails have been responded to also. In essence, out of warranty so not interested. Dodgy equipment from the start. A total con.

Get quotes
Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes
Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased unsure
Purchase Price$8,000.00

Careless Service

hotkiwiPerth, WA

Buying process good, after service most horrible, useless

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased Q cells
Purchase Price$9,800.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. I have sent you a private message, could you please respond to it with your details so that we can find you in our database and investigate your case properly to see if we can do anything further to help. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers