Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (10) · No (15)
  • Purchase Price$6,431.67
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Deejinoz
DeejinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took months just to do a PV service...

Aditya
AdityaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect estimation of plant output

Trustworthiness
prsav
prsavPerth, WA

Caution is advised!

Nick
Nick

The customer service support is terrible

That company has the worst customer service support. After 2 weeks of having the rebate and the loan approved. I haven't received any call to arrange the installation and when I call them the excuse is that they are busy because of Covid. If you want solar panels from this company you have to beg them.

Trustworthiness

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

BradHunter Region, NSW

Terrible

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

do not use this supplier

DaniellePerth, WA

Don’t use solargain. Buyer beware.

Absolute rubbish chromagen solar hot water system that solargain sold us just 6 years ago. The main connection into the tank had rusted and we were told we would have to buy a whole new system. Solargain were rude and dismissive about selling such rubbish. Be aware of their salesman crap speech. I will never recommend this disgraceful company to anyone.

SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

Sue H
Sue HWheatbelt, WA

Terrible after sales service!

Having just paid over $12,000 on a brand new product..Q Home from Solargain I am really disappointed with the after sales service...or rather lack of service! Although the installer did a good job, despite having never installed this product before, the technical communications with the inverter continues to be a problem that neither Solargain or QCell want to resolve! Very much over it now! Will never recommend either of these companies and will be heading to consumer protection!

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Checking hot water panels on a two storey home

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

elsieperth

Rubblish Aftersales Service

Rubbish aftersales service.
Solargain are chasing me for $202 for a callout fee despite continuing to tell me the fee would only be $160 and when I booked the callout not being able to tell me the sytem was out of waranty.

After not responding to my emails for a month Solargain finally told me my system is out of waranty.
Their tech told me the inverter on the unit they installed only ever produced 440 units and which Synergy shows only exported power for 6 months so it definitely failed during the warranty period.

In addition to the $202 they want $1000 for a "new" inverter........

SolargainSolargain

I can't believe the magnitude of issues I have experienced with Solargain - It is just a Nightmare!

• +1Thumbnail
Installation
thislo
thisloPerth, WA

Poor communication regarding after sales service

K Tran
K TranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use! There's some gotcha!

SteveVictoria

Great until something goes wrong

Ordered a 10kw Enphase system off Hugo in Melbourne a few years ago.
He offered a great price and service and everything was installed as promised.
For the last 6 months or so inverters keep failing.
Solargain service has been less than perfect, slow to get people to respond to issues.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, I'm hoping to follow up your case, but so that I can investigate your order on our internal system, can I please have your details, so that I can look into the case properly? Kind regards, Solargain.

Steve

Huia is looking into it.
Hope it gets solved soon.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David
Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers