Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (13)
  • Purchase Price$6,431.67
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

James
JamesPerth

Total waste of money.

Had a health check on my Solargain inverter and panels
Cost $220.00 for the person who Solargain sent to look at my inverter and stand in the garden and look at the roof where the solar panels are something I can do myself .
He then informed me it was working fine .
He lived around the corner from my property not bad money for twenty minutes work.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
SolargainSolargain

Hi James, we're sorry to hear this and would like to investigate your case further. Would you mind sharing your contact details with us so we can find out who the team were in charge of your health check? We've sent you a private message.

Poor Customer Service

We rang Solar Gain two weeks as our solar system was not working. They were booked in to come today to inspect and more than likely install a new inverter. We were advised it would be after 2pm. At 2.30 we rang and were told that they were not coming and we would need to rebook a new appointment which would not be until the 21st December. This totally unacceptable as that would have meant we waited over a month for a simple service call. Solar Gain have just lost our sale and any recommendation on our behalf.

Ram
RamCanberra

Gobsmackingly bad customer service

SolargainSolargain

Hi Ram, we're sorry to hear this. We can see on your file that there were timing issues from installation to final connection and we sincerely apologise for this. Our team will be in touch shortly to discuss. Our sincerest regards, Solargain.

Dissapointed

requested a quote from this company to upgrade my inverter to three phase and after receiving quote and supplying pictures of DB that were requested I gave them the contract to install. The day before installation I received a text message saying that the installation cost had increased by a whopping 25% and did I still want to go ahead. For a company who self professes to be a market leader this sort of rorting stinks.

arch aCanberra

Unfinished business and no communication !!

Our solar system was installed over a period of 4 days instead of the one day they told us it would take. Twelve days down the line after the installer visited our property they haven't submitted the inspection form to ACT Planning. A form which is mandatory for the system to be turned on.
So almost 2 weeks after installation we have a non-functional unit which has been fully paid for and no communication as to what is happening.
Only after numerous calls to the Canberra office and the WA office we learnt that the installer is having 'technical' issues in submitting a form !!
I wish I had better feedback to give, we were so excited by out decision to go solar. Not so sure now.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns and hopefully resolve this for you. Kind regards, Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi again, please check your inbox as we will need your name and number/email in order to follow up on your case. We would like the opportunity to resolve this for you. Kind regards, Solargain.

Ob1
Ob1perth

Solargain poor experience

SolargainSolargain

Hi Owen, we wish to apologise for the experience you described. Please contact our team on 1300 73 93 55 to discuss your situation.

Arjun
ArjunAveley

Delay in replacing invertor and Worst in Compensation Claim

SolargainSolargain

Hi Arjun, thank you for your feedback. I believe our Service manager was in contact with you yesterday and is currently working to remedy your situation.

5 months later, no meter-box upgrade, higher bills, 3 holes in roof

BeerancherThe Bush

Service??? Garbage.

Been waiting all day (Monday), at substantial cost, for the installation of a replacement inverter, having been assured that the installer would phone over the weekend to confirm. No call!! Rang their 1300 number spoke to sales person who arranged this. Gave the lame excuse that my phone number had been recorded incorrectly and couldn't contact me. Response "White Pages" you have my name and address, look it up! Too hard!! Now i have to waste another day waiting for the installer to come, on Wednesday, sometime. I'll believe it when the job is finished. The only reason I'm staying with these cowboys is cost and that no-one else will come out bush. The original provider went belly up soon after my system was installed.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns.

Beerancher

This must be some sort of record ! It's only taken six months to respond !!!

SolargainSolargain

We do our best to ensure that all our customers' needs are met and hope to rectify this for you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience Robert.
Kayla from Solargain

Terry
TerryCanberra

Solarpain

Contracted to have it installed 02/08/2017... its continuously being rescheduled without Solarpain giving adequate reasons. No emails are being answered and when we catch Solarpain on the phone they simply promise another install date - none of which have eventuated - and worse they do not even notify us leaving us to await their arrival on that day. No GAIN, just PAIN.

Get quotes

Poor communication by a sales person

PVKCanberra

Hopeless service

NaturalNinePerth, WA

Poor Sales Process, Poor Aftersales Service, Only highlight was the installer

Kat
KatPerth, WA

Worst after sales service

I have had issues with my inverter for over a year. i have now been waiting over 6 weeks for someone to return my calls in regard to where my warranty replacement inverter is. Once they have your money, and if you have issues they don't care.
Check out other suppliers and check reviews on follow up customer service, because this company has no clue.
Avoid SOLARGAIN!

Be Very Careful Using Solargain Or Renesola Panels

I paid $8000 for a 6 kw system, 3 years later 16 out of 24 have bad so called snail trails / micro cracks and solargain won't do anything to help fix their faulty product. So be very careful using solargain. Or renesola panels, so much for their warranty. Everyone who used solargain needs to get they panels checked now.

Dave
Dave

ChrisPerth

Complete waste of time

Signed up for a system in December with install due Feb. Was advised a site inspection would take place in the meantime, followed up when I didn't see anyone at the start of Feb, was told it'll be fine I'm sure it's been done. Then on the day it was supposed to be installed I'm told the site inspection hasn't been completed and will be done the Monday following. Of course nobody shows up, I crack it at them and they make up some nonsense about my roof (Flat tin) being unsuitable for a solar install and say they'll cancel my order - something I've now waited over 2 months for.

Avoid!

Denny F
Denny F

Appalling customer service

I'm trying to get a solar inverter replaced, I have called solar gain now on 4 occasions and been told I would be called back on each occasion.
I have not been called back once. In the meantime I have lost valuable time finding another option in the belief that solar gain, as they advertise, would be able to fix the problem. So dealing with this company has been a waste of time and money. I could not possibly recommend this business to anybody as this display of customer service is nothing short of diabolical.

Terrible service

I'd love my solar PV installation - if I could use it

Had Solargain install a 5Kw System on 14 November 16. the inr tall look's be done professionally and works well in test mode. Unfortunately for reasons unknown and despite numerous emails to Solargain they cannot give me a date for having my system commissioned. My Energy Supplier has not been advised by solargain that I have the system installed so until Solar gain pay the energy supplier my system sits idle...

Trevor
Trevor

It was sorted today. I made a formal complaint to ACTEW and suggested that I should let turn the system on and let the meter run backwards. The Issue was resolved quickly.
We can now enjoy the system....

sanshar2002
sanshar2002

AVOID, slow & poor customer support

I live in Canberra & it has now been 6 weeks since they installed. Solargain took full payment with promises from [name removed] the contractor who installed the 3kw system that the meter will be upgraded, inspected & connected to the grid within a week and a half. It's now been over 6 weeks, numerous phone calls to Solargain have been ignored, still not inspected or connected to the grid & unable to use or harvest any solar power. They never call back or follow up. AVOID Solargain.

Jordan
JordanPerth

Complete incompetence

Lies

John Murtagh
John Murtagh

Thanks Fronius, the instruction manual arrived today as promised (not a downloaded version), great that there are still some businesses as customer focused as we are..
Regards
John Murtagh @ Choice Property Maintenance

DamienMelbourne

Customer Service Stops Once they Have the Sale

Was convinced by salesman [name removed] to upgrade inverter to receive trouble free warranty. Inverter out for 7 days, told to wait another 7 days and then they might get back to me...pathetic. Do not use Solar Gain

Joel Pollock
Joel PollockBrisbane

Unimpressed....

They're currently installing a solar system at my house and they're charging me $350 for a piece of fireproof backing board for the meter.
$350 to stick in a $50-$100 piece of fireboard behind the meter is a rude surprise. Especially, as I made them well aware that this need to be done at the time of quoting. This type of thing is the reason why the solar industry has such a bad rep.
Not a great start even before the unit is installed.

Bad bad bad

Had a solar hot water system installed by Solargain 4 years ago. System has never worked properly. Frost valve failed after 13 months, and the warranty only covered it for 12, so I footed the repair bill. Panel froze then leaked after 3.5 years into a 5 year warranty. Called up immediately but service was slow. Now without hot water for a week. Solargain trying to fob off the failure onto Chromagen, the panel manufacturer. They too have been poor. They've taken 3 days just to inspect the panel, let alone do something about it.
Do not use this company.
Looked good in the brochures.
Bad service, dodgy warranty.

Tryingtobegreen
Tryingtobegreen

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David
Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers