Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (13)
  • Purchase Price$6,431.67

Bad Issues with Solargain's Warranty Service & CommInsure's Processes

Jan
JanPerth, WA

Service

I had a Service booked for 8.30am today. 9.15am I phoned the office to see why no-one had turned up or contacted me. The girl who answered the phone - eventually - told me that the serviceman had locked his keys in his vehicle and the spare didn't work!!!! Yeh, right!!! Apparently it will be another hour before he 'may' turn up to service my panels. I asked the girl to please let his other customers know that they will also be waiting over two hours or so. Thanks Solargain for your customer service - or not!!!

Not being contacted at 8.30 - or even later - to tell me the serviceman was going to be a couple of hours or more late.

Devious quoting

Solargain employee came out to quote install of temperature valve on existing solar hot water system. Quote was fine. On the day of installation within 20 min of solar gain being on the roof the solar hot water system had "sprung an irreparable leake". A leake that is clearly evident now but apparently not worth mentioning on the day of the quote. Solargain now recommending a whole new solar hot water system. Not cheap!!! I felt he whole time that I was in a set up sales pitch that the staff had this agenda before they even arrived. Very unprofessional and hard sell. Beware!

Hard sell. Felt trapped.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Solargain or Solarfail

My 39 panels installed in Perth by Solargain only produces 2kw at 3pm. Each row of panels shades the row behind it. I pointed this out to the installer as he installed it. He said we can fix it later. 2 months later I'm still waiting.I think the size of the unit is too big for the available space.

Crammed too much on a small roof

Get quotes

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David
Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers