Listing monitored by Solargain

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (30)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (9) · No (20)
  • Purchase Price$6,247.78
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Robyn
RobynMelbourne

Solargain - No Gain Just Pain

Contacted Solargain to purchase a 10KW system and iStore Hot water service, (over $11K) Signed a quote in August under pressure to avoid a price rise, They went silent for 2 months, couldn't find ot what was happening, then they said all the prices are going up by 20-25% and would I like them re-quote, despite having signed a quote at an agreed price. Probably the most unprofessional Solar co I have ever experienced, impossible to speak to someone to find out what's happening, want to increase cost after you sign and treat you like a fool. They did the same thing to a friend I referred them to.

System Size-38 KW
Panel Purchased No installed just quoted on Jinko / Fronius / iStore
Purchase Price$0.00
SolargainSolargain

Good Afternoon Robyn, Sorry to hear your experience with us has not been a good one, We take these reviews seriously. I have escalated this and someone will come back to you ASAP. Regards Solargain

No after installation support

My experience was very bad. The company did not support me at all post installation ( after they received all the money from me). The installer and inspector was arguing with each other as they forget to turn the solar system on and I didn’t receive any support from solargain to rectify the issue. Each time I have to call them to make sure they progress the issue with the system and found that no progress on the issue. I don’t recommend this company at all.

System Size5 KW
Purchase Price$9,000.00
Deejinoz
DeejinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took months just to do a PV service...

Aditya
AdityaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect estimation of plant output

Panel Purchased Jinco

Nick
Nick

The customer service support is terrible

That company has the worst customer service support. After 2 weeks of having the rebate and the loan approved. I haven't received any call to arrange the installation and when I call them the excuse is that they are busy because of Covid. If you want solar panels from this company you have to beg them.

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00

DaniellePerth, WA

Don’t use solargain. Buyer beware.

Absolute rubbish chromagen solar hot water system that solargain sold us just 6 years ago. The main connection into the tank had rusted and we were told we would have to buy a whole new system. Solargain were rude and dismissive about selling such rubbish. Be aware of their salesman crap speech. I will never recommend this disgraceful company to anyone.

Panel Purchased Chromagen hot water system
SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

Panel Purchased Qcell
Purchase Price$6,690.00
Sue H
Sue HWheatbelt, WA

Terrible after sales service!

Having just paid over $12,000 on a brand new product..Q Home from Solargain I am really disappointed with the after sales service...or rather lack of service! Although the installer did a good job, despite having never installed this product before, the technical communications with the inverter continues to be a problem that neither Solargain or QCell want to resolve! Very much over it now! Will never recommend either of these companies and will be heading to consumer protection!

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased Q Cell

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Checking hot water panels on a two storey home

Panel Purchased all I know is we have a chromagen tank, grundig pump.

K Tran
K TranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use! There's some gotcha!

Purchase Price$7,000.00
connorlingPerth, WA

Break every 1.5years, cost $222 to claim warranty of faulty unit

Have had solar gain installed in 2016, it broke in 2018, constantly reconnecting instead, got it replaced under warranty at no cost. It breaks again in 2020, called them for warranty, the lady wants me to pay $222 for them to come and look at it then have it replaced. Whole point of installing solar is to save money, it's gonna cost $222 every 1.5 years, more than what I saved from using solar. Don't recommend them

connorling

The operator definitely said they have to come out to "do testing". Ask her to send me an email of what had said and she said she did but never received. What email do I send image to?

SolargainSolargain

Hi Connor, please send the images to service.westcoast@solargain.com.au. We will be in contact once we have lodged the claim or if we require any further information. For your reference, your case number is #47457. Kind regards, Solargain.

No Service

Called Solargain on the Monday and was advised I would receive a call back within 48 hours, come Saturday no call back and inverter is still not working. Very disappointed.

Panel Purchased Huawei inverter

Girish
GirishPerth, WA

Very poor after-sales warranty service

The NG booster supplied by the company Solargain has stopped working during the warranty period. They gave me an appointment for their technician to visit me after 3 days. And on the day of appointment, they called to say that they have re-scheduled my job after 3 days. This is in spite of the fact that I pleaded with them that my property is without the hot water for the past 7 days now. They just don't seem to care.

MichaelMelbourne

Multiple delays and a failure to meet the CEC code of conduct

SolargainSolargain

Hi Michael, we have followed up with our team regarding this. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and we can help you with this.
Kind regards, Solargain.