Listing monitored by Solargain

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (46)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (10) · No (34)
  • Purchase Price$5,332.06
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Angie
Angie

Great support and promptness

Ordered solar panels and an iStore hot water system.

Was able to squeeze us in after our gas hot water system gave up the ghost, and installed the iStore within one days notice.

They were on top of letting me know when they could install them when lockdown lifted, and did so promptly.

Only downside was if it wasn’t for a tradie needing to take a photo the next day, he wouldn’t have noticed that a section hadn’t been silicone-ed, by the tradies who installed it.

Panel Purchased Panels-Trina. HWS-iStore
Robyn
RobynMelbourne

Solargain - No Gain Just Pain

Contacted Solargain to purchase a 10KW system and iStore Hot water service, (over $11K) Signed a quote in August under pressure to avoid a price rise, They went silent for 2 months, couldn't find ot what was happening, then they said all the prices are going up by 20-25% and would I like them re-quote, despite having signed a quote at an agreed price. Probably the most unprofessional Solar co I have ever experienced, impossible to speak to someone to find out what's happening, want to increase cost after you sign and treat you like a fool. They did the same thing to a friend I referred them to.

System Size-38 KW
Panel Purchased No installed just quoted on Jinko / Fronius / iStore
Purchase Price$0.00
SolargainSolargain

Good Afternoon Robyn, Sorry to hear your experience with us has not been a good one, We take these reviews seriously. I have escalated this and someone will come back to you ASAP. Regards Solargain

bakershill resident
bakershill residentWheatbelt, WA

Gone Solar - will it pay?

Solargain were great, good customer service. But, Western power weren't so good. It was a long wait (3 months) to have my system installed as it was only to have Western Power fail to approve the application in time. When they did, after the installation had been deferred they said they'd only approve it with a cap on the amount of power we can send back to the grid. So now I'm still consuming 78% of my power from Synergy and getting no return from what I'm sending to the grid.

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased huawei
Purchase Price$6,500.00

No after installation support

My experience was very bad. The company did not support me at all post installation ( after they received all the money from me). The installer and inspector was arguing with each other as they forget to turn the solar system on and I didn’t receive any support from solargain to rectify the issue. Each time I have to call them to make sure they progress the issue with the system and found that no progress on the issue. I don’t recommend this company at all.

System Size5 KW
Purchase Price$9,000.00

peroberts
perobertsCook 2614, ACT

A good experience overall.

The sales representative was extremely helpful and happy to field all my questions. The installation was smooth and unobtrusive with the team seeing me updated on the process as it occurred.

Panel Purchased Trina Vertex S 400W
Rick
RickPerth

Delivered as promised

Easy installation, good tradies, cleaned up the mess and very happy overall.
Only downside was the wait for installation from ordering (8 weeks) but understandable when dealing with a popular company.

System Size6.2 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko Tiger / Enphase micro inverter
Purchase Price$6,390.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Rick. We're very happy to hear that you're happy with the overall outcome. If you ever need any assistance with your system, we're more than happy to help. You can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

good advice and service

Sales person seemed very honest, offering sound advice with several options. The installers were very efficient and a pleasure to deal with. At this stage it is only 1 week since install and we are very happy with the results

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchased Jinco
Purchase Price$5,000.00
customer_first_namec
customer_first_namecSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Solargain could accommodate my preferred panel options without any hard-sell add ons at a great price.

The panel installation was long and proficient with quality as the aim. I'm glad the team took the time to make sure every component was installed correctly. They answered my questions throughout the day and kept me informed of the process. My only improve would be a pre-installation inspection to ascertain the roof insulation. As this meant the power to our house was off for an extended period.

System Size8 KW
Panel Purchased Hanwha QCells
Purchase Price$13,000.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and your suggestions. We're glad to hear that overall you were happy with your installation. If you ever have any questions you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Deejinoz
DeejinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took months just to do a PV service...

Aditya
AdityaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect estimation of plant output

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased Jinco

Nick
Nick

The customer service support is terrible

That company has the worst customer service support. After 2 weeks of having the rebate and the loan approved. I haven't received any call to arrange the installation and when I call them the excuse is that they are busy because of Covid. If you want solar panels from this company you have to beg them.

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Purchase Price$6,750.00

Reuben Achior
Reuben AchiorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Job well done. now I let the sun do its bit

Installation
Panel Purchased H HW system B-IHGEHO2-20-300Gl L15 300l Twin panel SHWS Electric Slimline
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Purchase Price$3.19

DaniellePerth, WA

Don’t use solargain. Buyer beware.

Absolute rubbish chromagen solar hot water system that solargain sold us just 6 years ago. The main connection into the tank had rusted and we were told we would have to buy a whole new system. Solargain were rude and dismissive about selling such rubbish. Be aware of their salesman crap speech. I will never recommend this disgraceful company to anyone.

Panel Purchased Chromagen hot water system
SolargainSolargain

Recommendation to engage Solargain has proven to be absolutely the right thing to do

Solargain having had installed several solar systems in the neighborhood we have experienced the same professionalism in advising us about and designing our system as well as the installation of it by a skilled team that was friendly, respectful and left the premises as clean as they found it.

System Size5.61 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko 330WJKM330M-60H
Purchase Price$4,240.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. We're glad to hear that you and your neighbours have all had a good experience with our team, hearing that makes our day. If you ever need assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.