Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (12) · No (19)
  • Purchase Price$6,640.77
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Worst decision

SolargainSolargain

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback and apologies that you have not been satisified with your system performance. We have just sent you a private message for more information. Kind regards, Solargain.

The D.

Yes, I have received your message. My emails have been responded to also. In essence, out of warranty so not interested. Dodgy equipment from the start. A total con.

SarahB
SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Waiting game
Waiting game

Had a system installed in 2011 3 kw panels with 4 kw solar king inverter.

Had a system installed in 2011, 3 kw panels with 4 kw inverter solar king inverter cost at time 9k investment .Total inverter failure at 3.5 years inverter replace by solargain with a reconditioned unit we paid the service call thinking that Solar gain would again warranty the replacement inverter for another 5 years .Unfortunately that inverter has now totally failed and according to Solargain is out of warranty as they only cover inverter from the original first installation and only option is to pay them 3215 dollars for a replacement inverter ,you would think such a large company would help people out not screw them over very unhappy , Solar system is now useless after only 8 years feel very ripped off by Solargain.

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

Careless Service

Andrei
AndreiMelbourne

BEWARE: After sales support is atrocious, untrustworthy

SolargainSolargain

Hi Andrei, we're very sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with Solargain. We have sent you a private message for more details so we can investigate this for you. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Jen
JenPerth, WA

poor quality after sales service

Shree
ShreeBrisbane

Installation process is good but after service is bad

Installation process is smooth. But after service is bad. Govt has chose my house for inspection and found lot of issues with the installation, i have contacted regarding this from October 2018, 2- 3 times but till now the problems are not rectified.

Avoid Solargain and their subcontractor Elite Solar

SolargainSolargain

Hi Jesse, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience. We're investigating your case and will be in touch again shortly to discuss. Your Service Case number is #59109. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

Jesse B
Jesse B

Thanks Kayla. I was dealing with Jess McQuade

SolargainSolargain

Hi Jesse, I can see in the case file that it's been escalated to management, so you will likely hear from Huia shortly. I followed up with her today and she's liaising with Elite Solar. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

Danni M.
Danni M.Perth, WA

Problematic Solar HWU and Terrible Customer Service

We have had problems with our Solar HWU since we built our house, not quite 4 years ago. Every year when the weather cools we get no hot water. Management are rude and unprofessional. The way they speak to clients is disgusting. Management even accused us of having parts changed by a third party! This unit was part of our build, an upgrade from the standard inclusion of a gas HWU, that we paid extra to have. Had we have known what the after sales customer service would be like if we had any problems, we would've chosen a different unit/company to provide our hot water system.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

James
JamesPerth

Total waste of money.

Had a health check on my Solargain inverter and panels
Cost $220.00 for the person who Solargain sent to look at my inverter and stand in the garden and look at the roof where the solar panels are something I can do myself .
He then informed me it was working fine .
He lived around the corner from my property not bad money for twenty minutes work.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
SolargainSolargain

Hi James, we're sorry to hear this and would like to investigate your case further. Would you mind sharing your contact details with us so we can find out who the team were in charge of your health check? We've sent you a private message.

Bibigon
BibigonAU

Try someone else, not Solargain

Solargain has a pathetic customer service. They failed to submit various documentation in time, lied on the phone about getting it done immediately and did not do it.
They failed to calculate the correct number of panels that would fit on the roof and had to amend the quote on the installation day.

The only positive experience I had with them is at the initial stage when their consultants from pure electric explained the solar technology.

I don't know quality of work of other installers, but next time I would get all the information from solargain, but would hire someone else to do the installation.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we're sorry to hear this however would like to do our best to make sure your case is resolved. Would you mind private messaging us your name and contact details so we can investigate this further? Kind regards, Solargain.

hotkiwiPerth, WA

Buying process good, after service most horrible, useless

SolargainSolargain

Hi. I have sent you a private message, could you please respond to it with your details so that we can find you in our database and investigate your case properly to see if we can do anything further to help. Kind regards, Solargain.

Poor Customer Service

We rang Solar Gain two weeks as our solar system was not working. They were booked in to come today to inspect and more than likely install a new inverter. We were advised it would be after 2pm. At 2.30 we rang and were told that they were not coming and we would need to rebook a new appointment which would not be until the 21st December. This totally unacceptable as that would have meant we waited over a month for a simple service call. Solar Gain have just lost our sale and any recommendation on our behalf.

Ram
RamCanberra

Gobsmackingly bad customer service

SolargainSolargain

Hi Ram, we're sorry to hear this. We can see on your file that there were timing issues from installation to final connection and we sincerely apologise for this. Our team will be in touch shortly to discuss. Our sincerest regards, Solargain.

Dissapointed

requested a quote from this company to upgrade my inverter to three phase and after receiving quote and supplying pictures of DB that were requested I gave them the contract to install. The day before installation I received a text message saying that the installation cost had increased by a whopping 25% and did I still want to go ahead. For a company who self professes to be a market leader this sort of rorting stinks.

arch aCanberra

Unfinished business and no communication !!

Our solar system was installed over a period of 4 days instead of the one day they told us it would take. Twelve days down the line after the installer visited our property they haven't submitted the inspection form to ACT Planning. A form which is mandatory for the system to be turned on.
So almost 2 weeks after installation we have a non-functional unit which has been fully paid for and no communication as to what is happening.
Only after numerous calls to the Canberra office and the WA office we learnt that the installer is having 'technical' issues in submitting a form !!
I wish I had better feedback to give, we were so excited by out decision to go solar. Not so sure now.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns and hopefully resolve this for you. Kind regards, Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi again, please check your inbox as we will need your name and number/email in order to follow up on your case. We would like the opportunity to resolve this for you. Kind regards, Solargain.

Randy Dee
Randy Deemelbourne

Repeated failures

I have had a Solargain Solar system installed in October 2011. Could not have been happier with the reduced electricity bill....but then it failed in 2012. I had a new "Grid Connect Solar PV" put in. Under warranty, this was replaced as new again. But now in 2018, it has failed once more. Solargain want me to sign up to a 2nd hand replacement system with no guarantee that it will work once replaced (again)
I ask myself "it is worth taking that risk"?
Perhaps try another supplier?

SolargainSolargain

Hi Randy, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns.

Ob1
Ob1perth

Solargain poor experience

SolargainSolargain

Hi Owen, we wish to apologise for the experience you described. Please contact our team on 1300 73 93 55 to discuss your situation.

CatAdelaide

Poor Customer Service

Arjun
ArjunAveley

Delay in replacing invertor and Worst in Compensation Claim

SolargainSolargain

Hi Arjun, thank you for your feedback. I believe our Service manager was in contact with you yesterday and is currently working to remedy your situation.

Disgusted customer
Disgusted customerJoondalup

Great sales not so good on warranty

I installed a solar system with solargain 7 years ago, the panels had a 25 year warranty and the inverter 10. The installation all went well and I have had 7 years of trouble free solar power. Recently the inverter faulted and I contacted solargain to seed about replacing the inverter, they replied first asking for proof the inverter had a 10 year warranty which I did but since then they have not responded to my emails or phone calls. I will not be using them again. When I posted on here I received a response from Solargain but once again nothing afterwards. The customer service from this company is awful, do not expect a response from them if you have issues with your system after installation.

5 months later, no meter-box upgrade, higher bills, 3 holes in roof

BeerancherThe Bush

Service??? Garbage.

Been waiting all day (Monday), at substantial cost, for the installation of a replacement inverter, having been assured that the installer would phone over the weekend to confirm. No call!! Rang their 1300 number spoke to sales person who arranged this. Gave the lame excuse that my phone number had been recorded incorrectly and couldn't contact me. Response "White Pages" you have my name and address, look it up! Too hard!! Now i have to waste another day waiting for the installer to come, on Wednesday, sometime. I'll believe it when the job is finished. The only reason I'm staying with these cowboys is cost and that no-one else will come out bush. The original provider went belly up soon after my system was installed.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we've sent you a private message to discuss your concerns.

Beerancher

This must be some sort of record ! It's only taken six months to respond !!!

SolargainSolargain

We do our best to ensure that all our customers' needs are met and hope to rectify this for you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience Robert.
Kayla from Solargain

Inverters are Crap

Have been with Solargain for a few years now and on what will be our third or fourth inverter. Each time the 12 months was up the inverter shat itself instead of giving us a new inverter they have always replaced with ones that they have repaired. 12/18 months down the track happens again. Not impressed at all. Just about to phone with fault on this inverter (no 3 I think) and our warranty is probably out which will mean they will charge us for a brand new inverter and once again give us one they have repaired. Not happy at all Solargain.

Other Solar Panel Installers