Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (7)
  • Purchase Price$6,456.67
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Ali Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Process of two parts. Good then bad.

Ali Y.

Hello there. I’ve updated my review. Won’t be recommending Solargain to anyone.

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

Trustworthiness
SolargainSolargain

Checking hot water panels on a two storey home

Robert HParkes 2600, ACT

Agree with other reviews re poor after sale follow-up

Be wary of using Solargain in the ACT due to their use of some pretty ordinary sub-contractors to do the installation. Solargain are very professional on the sales side of things...good advice, good price and good organisation of the job. Unfortunately the wheels start to come off after that. Installation was very sloppy, didn't clean up properly, no explanation of how everything worked (I had to ask) and Solargain didn't want to know me when I sent them a detailed email outlining my concerns. My neighour has just used Solarhub for his installation - much more professional in every way and I regret my choice of supplier for solar.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Robert, We're sorry to hear of your experience. We have sent you a private message for more details so we can investigate this for you. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Robert. We have opened a private ticket to assist you with this case. If you could please forward your details to us through that channel it would be highly appreciated as we would like to investigate your case more thoroughly.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

thislo
thisloPerth, WA

Poor communication regarding after sales service

SteveVictoria

Great until something goes wrong

Ordered a 10kw Enphase system off Hugo in Melbourne a few years ago.
He offered a great price and service and everything was installed as promised.
For the last 6 months or so inverters keep failing.
Solargain service has been less than perfect, slow to get people to respond to issues.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, I'm hoping to follow up your case, but so that I can investigate your order on our internal system, can I please have your details, so that I can look into the case properly? Kind regards, Solargain.

Steve

Huia is looking into it.
Hope it gets solved soon.

MichaelMelbourne

Multiple delays and a failure to meet the CEC code of conduct

SolargainSolargain

Hi Michael, we have followed up with our team regarding this. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and we can help you with this.
Kind regards, Solargain.

Tim46Melbourne

2Kw micro inverter array installed but Envoy failed less than 3 years in.

Was reasonably happy with the install although the sales guy on the phone didnt know much about how solar panels function when the sun was low in the sky. Anyway the install was fine and everything was good until the Enphase Envoy stopped reporting data. Solar gain sent a tech out who concluded their was "noise" in our power cables and that was messing with the Envoy. We tried moving it to other power points, testing where the noise might be coming from but it was all inconclusive. In the end Solar gain just said we'd have to buy an updated version for over $600!!! It was still under warranty but the "noise" issue is apparently our problem even though it worked fine for 2.5 years. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend.

SarahB
SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Waiting game
Waiting game

Had a system installed in 2011 3 kw panels with 4 kw solar king inverter.

Had a system installed in 2011, 3 kw panels with 4 kw inverter solar king inverter cost at time 9k investment .Total inverter failure at 3.5 years inverter replace by solargain with a reconditioned unit we paid the service call thinking that Solar gain would again warranty the replacement inverter for another 5 years .Unfortunately that inverter has now totally failed and according to Solargain is out of warranty as they only cover inverter from the original first installation and only option is to pay them 3215 dollars for a replacement inverter ,you would think such a large company would help people out not screw them over very unhappy , Solar system is now useless after only 8 years feel very ripped off by Solargain.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

Shree
ShreeBrisbane

Installation process is good but after service is bad

Installation process is smooth. But after service is bad. Govt has chose my house for inspection and found lot of issues with the installation, i have contacted regarding this from October 2018, 2- 3 times but till now the problems are not rectified.

Tim
TimPerth, WA

Installation Problems for an great product.

Product: Best Price, Works Well.
Sales: Rob - Extremely helpful, Spent over an hour helping me to choose a product right for me
Installation Quality: Clean
Installation Attention to Detail: Wrong roof aspect. Hot water Timer Forgotten.
Timer was installed (Next Day) and system scheduled for relocation.
Customer Service for problems has been good.
I recommend Solar Gain. but as with any install by any supplier, check the paper work and diagrams are what you agreed to and review it with the installer before they start. Use them as a check-list before signing off and paying the bill.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Tim, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience. We've passed this on to the team to take on board for future. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Bibigon
BibigonAU

Try someone else, not Solargain

Solargain has a pathetic customer service. They failed to submit various documentation in time, lied on the phone about getting it done immediately and did not do it.
They failed to calculate the correct number of panels that would fit on the roof and had to amend the quote on the installation day.

The only positive experience I had with them is at the initial stage when their consultants from pure electric explained the solar technology.

I don't know quality of work of other installers, but next time I would get all the information from solargain, but would hire someone else to do the installation.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we're sorry to hear this however would like to do our best to make sure your case is resolved. Would you mind private messaging us your name and contact details so we can investigate this further? Kind regards, Solargain.

hotkiwiPerth, WA

Buying process good, after service most horrible, useless

SolargainSolargain

Hi. I have sent you a private message, could you please respond to it with your details so that we can find you in our database and investigate your case properly to see if we can do anything further to help. Kind regards, Solargain.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David
Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers