Solargain
See the Best Solar Panel Installers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (14) · No (25)
  • Purchase Price$6,412.35
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

mERLIN
mERLINAustralian Capital Territory

There is a complete lack of after sales

Emails re wifi for inverter ignored. They have no interest in after sales service. Beware at time of installation the installer asked me where I would like the inverter inverter placed. I having no knowledge about them said near the fuse box. Later. I was told that this area was in full sun and not good for the inverter. Warranty problems. Overheating. I had to buy inverter cover $ 350 my money. Their motto should We pass the buck

Alan Gorman
Alan GormanPerth, WA

Installation went very well, but question sales on their knowledge.

Robyn
RobynMelbourne

Solargain - No Gain Just Pain

Contacted Solargain to purchase a 10KW system and iStore Hot water service, (over $11K) Signed a quote in August under pressure to avoid a price rise, They went silent for 2 months, couldn't find ot what was happening, then they said all the prices are going up by 20-25% and would I like them re-quote, despite having signed a quote at an agreed price. Probably the most unprofessional Solar co I have ever experienced, impossible to speak to someone to find out what's happening, want to increase cost after you sign and treat you like a fool. They did the same thing to a friend I referred them to.

SolargainSolargain

Good Afternoon Robyn, Sorry to hear your experience with us has not been a good one, We take these reviews seriously. I have escalated this and someone will come back to you ASAP. Regards Solargain

JanetteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After sales service non existent

Could not fault the installation in 2013.
But beware after sales service non existent.
Waiting nearly 15 months for service to fix problem with “controller”
Told yesterday only 2 sub contractors in Victoria. I find this hard to believe but this is what National Manager has informed us.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Janette. I'd like to look into this for you if possible, but I haven't been able to find you in our database. Could you please email us at sg.marketing@solargain.com.au so that I can find you and see what can be done? Kind regards, Solargain.

Janette

Yes, have sent email. The National Manager that contacted me stated he was going to contact the service company and ask them to contact me. I’ve been trying to get them to return my calls since September.

No after installation support

My experience was very bad. The company did not support me at all post installation ( after they received all the money from me). The installer and inspector was arguing with each other as they forget to turn the solar system on and I didn’t receive any support from solargain to rectify the issue. Each time I have to call them to make sure they progress the issue with the system and found that no progress on the issue. I don’t recommend this company at all.

Deejinoz
DeejinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Took months just to do a PV service...

Aditya
AdityaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect estimation of plant output

Ali Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Process of two parts. Good then bad.

Ali Y.

Hello there. I’ve updated my review. Won’t be recommending Solargain to anyone.

prsav
prsavPerth, WA

Caution is advised!

Nick
Nick

The customer service support is terrible

That company has the worst customer service support. After 2 weeks of having the rebate and the loan approved. I haven't received any call to arrange the installation and when I call them the excuse is that they are busy because of Covid. If you want solar panels from this company you have to beg them.

BradHunter Region, NSW

Terrible

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

johnoFar North Queensland, QLD

do not use this supplier

DaniellePerth, WA

Don’t use solargain. Buyer beware.

Absolute rubbish chromagen solar hot water system that solargain sold us just 6 years ago. The main connection into the tank had rusted and we were told we would have to buy a whole new system. Solargain were rude and dismissive about selling such rubbish. Be aware of their salesman crap speech. I will never recommend this disgraceful company to anyone.

SsidSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service though the price is comparatively very high than competitors

Its only a few days since Solar gain installed. There are multiple roof leaks. Their price is comparatively very much higher than competitors and they convince to you by saying that their after sales support is very good thats why their price is high. But after the sales, I am now struggling to get support. Its been almost a week since I reported its leaking, No one has come forward to fix. They will send the technician based on the availability. Very bad customer service and rude.

RJ_SAasked

I would like to know does Solargain install solar panels on 30-35 degree terracotta tile roofs (mine is up to 32-33 degrees). What about 35+ degree roofs (asking for a relative). Please advise if there is a limit to what Solargain can install.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Rick. Due to our installation and safety guidelines, our installers are unable to work on a roof of this pitch. Thank you for your question. Kind regards, Solargain.

Les Crilly
Les Crillyasked

Can I claim the current government rebate to install a battery to an existing system?

Danny
Danny

Hi Les, I am not sure about the battery, but you can ring up Solargain and ask them.

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Hello
Have you heard anything back from Solargain? Also at what point did the installer come to tell you about your roof not being adequate, was it on the day of the scheduled install or before? Did you have to pay for the installers inspection at all? I hope you were able to sort things out and info on Solargain would be helpful.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Colin. We're very sorry we missed your question until now. Would you be able to contact us at sg.marketing@solargain.com.au so that we can find you in your database? Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers