Listing monitored by Solargain

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (9)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (6)
  • Purchase Price$7,435.00
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00
SolargainSolargain

Checking hot water panels on a two storey home

Panel Purchased all I know is we have a chromagen tank, grundig pump.
MichaelMelbourne

Multiple delays and a failure to meet the CEC code of conduct

SolargainSolargain

Hi Michael, we have followed up with our team regarding this. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and we can help you with this.
Kind regards, Solargain.

SarahB
SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased unsure
Purchase Price$8,000.00
Shree
ShreeBrisbane

Installation process is good but after service is bad

Installation process is smooth. But after service is bad. Govt has chose my house for inspection and found lot of issues with the installation, i have contacted regarding this from October 2018, 2- 3 times but till now the problems are not rectified.

System Size6.4 KW

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes
Tim
TimPerth, WA

Installation Problems for an great product.

Product: Best Price, Works Well.
Sales: Rob - Extremely helpful, Spent over an hour helping me to choose a product right for me
Installation Quality: Clean
Installation Attention to Detail: Wrong roof aspect. Hot water Timer Forgotten.
Timer was installed (Next Day) and system scheduled for relocation.
Customer Service for problems has been good.
I recommend Solar Gain. but as with any install by any supplier, check the paper work and diagrams are what you agreed to and review it with the installer before they start. Use them as a check-list before signing off and paying the bill.

Panel Purchased Hot Water Close Coupled 300L
SolargainSolargain

Hi Tim, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience. We've passed this on to the team to take on board for future. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Bibigon
BibigonAU

Try someone else, not Solargain

Solargain has a pathetic customer service. They failed to submit various documentation in time, lied on the phone about getting it done immediately and did not do it.
They failed to calculate the correct number of panels that would fit on the roof and had to amend the quote on the installation day.

The only positive experience I had with them is at the initial stage when their consultants from pure electric explained the solar technology.

I don't know quality of work of other installers, but next time I would get all the information from solargain, but would hire someone else to do the installation.

System Size6 KW
SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we're sorry to hear this however would like to do our best to make sure your case is resolved. Would you mind private messaging us your name and contact details so we can investigate this further? Kind regards, Solargain.

hotkiwiPerth, WA

Buying process good, after service most horrible, useless

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased Q cells
Purchase Price$9,800.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. I have sent you a private message, could you please respond to it with your details so that we can find you in our database and investigate your case properly to see if we can do anything further to help. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers