Solargain
See the Best Solar Panel Installers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solargain

• Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00
Reuben Achior
Reuben AchiorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Job well done. now I let the sun do its bit

Installation
Panel Purchased H HW system B-IHGEHO2-20-300Gl L15 300l Twin panel SHWS Electric Slimline
Purchase Price$3.19
thislo
thisloPerth, WA

Poor communication regarding after sales service

System Size3 KW
SteveVictoria

Great until something goes wrong

Ordered a 10kw Enphase system off Hugo in Melbourne a few years ago.
He offered a great price and service and everything was installed as promised.
For the last 6 months or so inverters keep failing.
Solargain service has been less than perfect, slow to get people to respond to issues.

System Size10 KW
SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, I'm hoping to follow up your case, but so that I can investigate your order on our internal system, can I please have your details, so that I can look into the case properly? Kind regards, Solargain.

Steve

Huia is looking into it.
Hope it gets solved soon.

Solar Panel Installers

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Tim46Melbourne

2Kw micro inverter array installed but Envoy failed less than 3 years in.

Was reasonably happy with the install although the sales guy on the phone didnt know much about how solar panels function when the sun was low in the sky. Anyway the install was fine and everything was good until the Enphase Envoy stopped reporting data. Solar gain sent a tech out who concluded their was "noise" in our power cables and that was messing with the Envoy. We tried moving it to other power points, testing where the noise might be coming from but it was all inconclusive. In the end Solar gain just said we'd have to buy an updated version for over $600!!! It was still under warranty but the "noise" issue is apparently our problem even though it worked fine for 2.5 years. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend.

System Size2 KW
Purchase Price$4,200.00
Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased unsure
Purchase Price$8,000.00
Get quotes
Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes
hotkiwiPerth, WA

Buying process good, after service most horrible, useless

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased Q cells
Purchase Price$9,800.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. I have sent you a private message, could you please respond to it with your details so that we can find you in our database and investigate your case properly to see if we can do anything further to help. Kind regards, Solargain.

RJ_SAasked

I would like to know does Solargain install solar panels on 30-35 degree terracotta tile roofs (mine is up to 32-33 degrees). What about 35+ degree roofs (asking for a relative). Please advise if there is a limit to what Solargain can install.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Rick. Due to our installation and safety guidelines, our installers are unable to work on a roof of this pitch. Thank you for your question. Kind regards, Solargain.

Les Crilly
Les Crillyasked

Can I claim the current government rebate to install a battery to an existing system?

Danny
Danny

Hi Les, I am not sure about the battery, but you can ring up Solargain and ask them.

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Hello
Have you heard anything back from Solargain? Also at what point did the installer come to tell you about your roof not being adequate, was it on the day of the scheduled install or before? Did you have to pay for the installers inspection at all? I hope you were able to sort things out and info on Solargain would be helpful.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Colin. We're very sorry we missed your question until now. Would you be able to contact us at sg.marketing@solargain.com.au so that we can find you in your database? Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers