Listing monitored by Solargain

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (24)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (19)
  • Purchase Price$5,342.70
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
bakershill resident
bakershill residentWheatbelt, WA

Gone Solar - will it pay?

Solargain were great, good customer service. But, Western power weren't so good. It was a long wait (3 months) to have my system installed as it was only to have Western Power fail to approve the application in time. When they did, after the installation had been deferred they said they'd only approve it with a cap on the amount of power we can send back to the grid. So now I'm still consuming 78% of my power from Synergy and getting no return from what I'm sending to the grid.

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased huawei
Purchase Price$6,500.00
peroberts
perobertsCook 2614, ACT

A good experience overall.

The sales representative was extremely helpful and happy to field all my questions. The installation was smooth and unobtrusive with the team seeing me updated on the process as it occurred.

Panel Purchased Trina Vertex S 400W
Rick
RickPerth

Delivered as promised

Easy installation, good tradies, cleaned up the mess and very happy overall.
Only downside was the wait for installation from ordering (8 weeks) but understandable when dealing with a popular company.

System Size6.2 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko Tiger / Enphase micro inverter
Purchase Price$6,390.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Rick. We're very happy to hear that you're happy with the overall outcome. If you ever need any assistance with your system, we're more than happy to help. You can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

good advice and service

Sales person seemed very honest, offering sound advice with several options. The installers were very efficient and a pleasure to deal with. At this stage it is only 1 week since install and we are very happy with the results

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchased Jinco
Purchase Price$5,000.00

customer_first_namec
customer_first_namecSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Solargain could accommodate my preferred panel options without any hard-sell add ons at a great price.

The panel installation was long and proficient with quality as the aim. I'm glad the team took the time to make sure every component was installed correctly. They answered my questions throughout the day and kept me informed of the process. My only improve would be a pre-installation inspection to ascertain the roof insulation. As this meant the power to our house was off for an extended period.

System Size8 KW
Panel Purchased Hanwha QCells
Purchase Price$13,000.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and your suggestions. We're glad to hear that overall you were happy with your installation. If you ever have any questions you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

System Size9.9 KW
Panel Purchased trina and sungrow
Purchase Price$6,750.00

Reuben Achior
Reuben AchiorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Job well done. now I let the sun do its bit

Installation
Panel Purchased H HW system B-IHGEHO2-20-300Gl L15 300l Twin panel SHWS Electric Slimline
Purchase Price$3.19
SolargainSolargain

Recommendation to engage Solargain has proven to be absolutely the right thing to do

Solargain having had installed several solar systems in the neighborhood we have experienced the same professionalism in advising us about and designing our system as well as the installation of it by a skilled team that was friendly, respectful and left the premises as clean as they found it.

System Size5.61 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko 330WJKM330M-60H
Purchase Price$4,240.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi. We're glad to hear that you and your neighbours have all had a good experience with our team, hearing that makes our day. If you ever need assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Lam Nguyen
Lam NguyenBrisbane

A good product

Can be installed within 3 hours on the existing Solar Hot water. Friendly technical service, show you how to operate the system including where the pipes input output water flows

System Size3.6 KW
Panel Purchased Solargain
Purchase Price$3,390.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Lam. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, always good to hear when a customer has had a good experience with our team. If you ever need assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Find out how Solargain compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Not sure how good yet warm water mourning good water evening and night

Instillation was good no problem .
Installers accidentally disconnected my tv service . And a problem with my bathroom ceiling exhaust fan don’t work. I have notified installers as yet no action
I have commissioned a local tv antenna technician he repaired the problem. Fan still faulty

Panel Purchased Sola gain
Purchase Price$3,290.00

HI Peter,
Thank you for reviewing us. So we can assist you with this matter, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 or sg.info@solargain.com.au ~ The Solargain Team

Bruce - Lyn
Bruce - LynPeel, WA

Good product but had a failure whilst away on holiday

Panel installation went well and has been performing well, however it had a failure No 452 on the inverter whilst we were away on holiday. On return I contacted Solargain and spoke to Evo Thompson the Liason Officer and she was able to sort the problem out over the phone, a great job done. Thank you Evo.

System Size2.4 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko Poly Crystalline
Purchase Price$3,190.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Bruce. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Evo, and we're very glad she was able to help you sort this issue before it caused you any problems. Kind regards, Solargain.

MichaelMelbourne

Multiple delays and a failure to meet the CEC code of conduct

SolargainSolargain

Hi Michael, we have followed up with our team regarding this. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and we can help you with this.
Kind regards, Solargain.

Mattie G
Mattie G

No Fuss Installation

The process was excellent from start to finish. Sales people were prompt to reply to enquires before installation, however customer support afterwards was a little hard as you have to go through the customer service centre and not the actual electricians themselves.

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko
Purchase Price$5,000.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Mattie, thank you for the great rating and feedback! We will be sure to share this with the team. Kind regards, Solargain.

SarahB
SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

System Size5 KW
Panel Purchased unsure
Purchase Price$8,000.00

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Pat C.
Pat C.asked

How to download the solar gain app

SolargainSolargain

Hi Pat. We do not have our own app, but the inverters we supply often do. What brand of inverter do you have installed at your home? Kind regards, Solargain

Alan
Alan

Thats what children are for, remotes & Apps

Gary
Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers