Solargain
See the Best Solar Panel Installers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solargain

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (8)
  • Purchase Price$6,917.14
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Alan Gorman
Alan GormanPerth, WA

Installation went very well, but question sales on their knowledge.

Ali Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Process of two parts. Good then bad.

Ali Y.

Hello there. I’ve updated my review. Won’t be recommending Solargain to anyone.

Ashik
AshikSydney, NSW

Poor service before and after sales

I only went with this company due to IKEA although they are 2K more expensive for similar systems. Overall i am really disappointed with the service provided. Firstly my installation was cancelled without any notification first time and delayed again 2nd time. The installer wired the smart meter incorrectly and its been 3 weeks and more than 10 phone calls with no action taken. Finally i have been sold a 9.9 KW system without advising me regarding the 5 KW export limit. Overall I dont see any value paying extra for this company when they don't have acceptable before and after sales service.

Trustworthiness
SolargainSolargain

Checking hot water panels on a two storey home

Robert HParkes 2600, ACT

Agree with other reviews re poor after sale follow-up

Be wary of using Solargain in the ACT due to their use of some pretty ordinary sub-contractors to do the installation. Solargain are very professional on the sales side of things...good advice, good price and good organisation of the job. Unfortunately the wheels start to come off after that. Installation was very sloppy, didn't clean up properly, no explanation of how everything worked (I had to ask) and Solargain didn't want to know me when I sent them a detailed email outlining my concerns. My neighour has just used Solarhub for his installation - much more professional in every way and I regret my choice of supplier for solar.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Robert, We're sorry to hear of your experience. We have sent you a private message for more details so we can investigate this for you. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Robert. We have opened a private ticket to assist you with this case. If you could please forward your details to us through that channel it would be highly appreciated as we would like to investigate your case more thoroughly.

thislo
thisloPerth, WA

Poor communication regarding after sales service

SteveVictoria

Great until something goes wrong

Ordered a 10kw Enphase system off Hugo in Melbourne a few years ago.
He offered a great price and service and everything was installed as promised.
For the last 6 months or so inverters keep failing.
Solargain service has been less than perfect, slow to get people to respond to issues.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, I'm hoping to follow up your case, but so that I can investigate your order on our internal system, can I please have your details, so that I can look into the case properly? Kind regards, Solargain.

Steve

Huia is looking into it.
Hope it gets solved soon.

MichaelMelbourne

Multiple delays and a failure to meet the CEC code of conduct

SolargainSolargain

Hi Michael, we have followed up with our team regarding this. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and we can help you with this.
Kind regards, Solargain.

Tim46Melbourne

2Kw micro inverter array installed but Envoy failed less than 3 years in.

Was reasonably happy with the install although the sales guy on the phone didnt know much about how solar panels function when the sun was low in the sky. Anyway the install was fine and everything was good until the Enphase Envoy stopped reporting data. Solar gain sent a tech out who concluded their was "noise" in our power cables and that was messing with the Envoy. We tried moving it to other power points, testing where the noise might be coming from but it was all inconclusive. In the end Solar gain just said we'd have to buy an updated version for over $600!!! It was still under warranty but the "noise" issue is apparently our problem even though it worked fine for 2.5 years. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend.

SarahB
SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Waiting game
Waiting game

Had a system installed in 2011 3 kw panels with 4 kw solar king inverter.

Had a system installed in 2011, 3 kw panels with 4 kw inverter solar king inverter cost at time 9k investment .Total inverter failure at 3.5 years inverter replace by solargain with a reconditioned unit we paid the service call thinking that Solar gain would again warranty the replacement inverter for another 5 years .Unfortunately that inverter has now totally failed and according to Solargain is out of warranty as they only cover inverter from the original first installation and only option is to pay them 3215 dollars for a replacement inverter ,you would think such a large company would help people out not screw them over very unhappy , Solar system is now useless after only 8 years feel very ripped off by Solargain.

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

Shree
ShreeBrisbane

Installation process is good but after service is bad

Installation process is smooth. But after service is bad. Govt has chose my house for inspection and found lot of issues with the installation, i have contacted regarding this from October 2018, 2- 3 times but till now the problems are not rectified.

Tim
TimPerth, WA

Installation Problems for an great product.

Product: Best Price, Works Well.
Sales: Rob - Extremely helpful, Spent over an hour helping me to choose a product right for me
Installation Quality: Clean
Installation Attention to Detail: Wrong roof aspect. Hot water Timer Forgotten.
Timer was installed (Next Day) and system scheduled for relocation.
Customer Service for problems has been good.
I recommend Solar Gain. but as with any install by any supplier, check the paper work and diagrams are what you agreed to and review it with the installer before they start. Use them as a check-list before signing off and paying the bill.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Tim, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience. We've passed this on to the team to take on board for future. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Bibigon
BibigonAU

Try someone else, not Solargain

Solargain has a pathetic customer service. They failed to submit various documentation in time, lied on the phone about getting it done immediately and did not do it.
They failed to calculate the correct number of panels that would fit on the roof and had to amend the quote on the installation day.

The only positive experience I had with them is at the initial stage when their consultants from pure electric explained the solar technology.

I don't know quality of work of other installers, but next time I would get all the information from solargain, but would hire someone else to do the installation.

SolargainSolargain

Hi there, we're sorry to hear this however would like to do our best to make sure your case is resolved. Would you mind private messaging us your name and contact details so we can investigate this further? Kind regards, Solargain.

RJ_SAasked

I would like to know does Solargain install solar panels on 30-35 degree terracotta tile roofs (mine is up to 32-33 degrees). What about 35+ degree roofs (asking for a relative). Please advise if there is a limit to what Solargain can install.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Rick. Due to our installation and safety guidelines, our installers are unable to work on a roof of this pitch. Thank you for your question. Kind regards, Solargain.

Les Crilly
Les Crillyasked

Can I claim the current government rebate to install a battery to an existing system?

Danny
Danny

Hi Les, I am not sure about the battery, but you can ring up Solargain and ask them.

Colin52
Colin52asked

I have a question. Your company was going to install a 6.6KW system on our roof last week but they said the roof could not support your panels.

I then asked for a quote for solar stands on the back lawn and they were suppose to contact me this morning but no one has.

Due to your company stating my roof will collapse if the panels go in I have contacted my insurance company and they are sending out their own structural engineers to see if the roof has been damaged by recent storms and then get it fixed so it can hold panels.

It seems I am phoning up about this to see what is going on.

So decided to post in here in the hope that some one gets back to me.

Hello
Have you heard anything back from Solargain? Also at what point did the installer come to tell you about your roof not being adequate, was it on the day of the scheduled install or before? Did you have to pay for the installers inspection at all? I hope you were able to sort things out and info on Solargain would be helpful.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Colin. We're very sorry we missed your question until now. Would you be able to contact us at sg.marketing@solargain.com.au so that we can find you in your database? Kind regards, Solargain.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers