Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

STEPHEN

STEPHENPerth, WA

Great Cookware

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$199.00.

Azat

AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Well designed

Purchased in June 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$189.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Now that I’ve got the hand of it it’s perfect!

I love this product. I had trouble with my early seasoning attempts (too much oil) and didn’t research how to wash the pan correctly so early results weren’t good. But having done my homework including cleaning as well as lower cooking temperatures even my 13 year old has no problems cooking on it. It is now well seasoned, non stick, and I love it. I’ve had no issue with the handles getting hot, and I find it solid without being too heavy. I encourage everyone to persevere and take the advice of the company support team rather than give up!

Purchased at Quirky cooking for A$150.00.

Non-Stick Longevity1 - 4 months
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

Josh A

Josh ABrisbane

Had mine for about 5 years

Purchased in January 2014.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Outstanding quality and performing cookware

Purchased in May 2015 for A$160.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your wonderful and detailed review Jim! We're so pleased to hear you're loving your cookware. Happy cooking! <3

Daniel

DanielCairns

Just what I was after

Bought this to replace non-stick pans that tend to last about 1 year in our home. Sure this pan takes a bit of looking after (a couple of minutes to clean and season after each meal) but that's a small price to pay for something that will pay you back by lasting forever.

We did make the mistake of cooking a tomato based meal in it and I had to restart the seasoning over again - won't do that again. Other than that we cook eggs, fish and plenty of sensitives without issue.

I love products that are made to last. I'll be buying one of these for my kids when they leave home and I hope they learn to appreciate it as much as I do.

Good job Solidteknics.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$180.00.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes
Michael

MichaelPerth

Worth the price and effort...

Purchased in January 2020 for A$200.00.

Lanna

LannaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best pans EVER!

Bought my first pan a few years ago and we love it so much that we are always adding more and more sizes to our collection. Lighter than cast iron, cooks beautifully if looked after and hard wearing, we pack them when we go camping as well. Highly recommended!

Purchased in December 2018 at Everten Online for A$151.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you Lanna for taking the time to leave a SOLID review. We highly appreciate your support. The beauty with AUS-ION and US-ION wrought iron they are suitable for any heat source and get better with age and use. Happy cooking!

Rae

RaeWestern Australia

I love my Solidteknic Aus-ion pans, no more toxic non stick coatings for me.

I have the Bigga skillet, the 35cm wok, 26cm frypan, they are amazing. Just be patient and learn how to season the pans well or just start deep frying and cooking bacon. I love cooking with olive oil and a bit of butter.

Purchased in July 2017 at Kitchen wearhouse for A$129.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you Rae for your great review, you definitely have a lovely combination of workhorse pans. Happy Cooking!

Laurie D.

Laurie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Just LOVE these pans!

I first heard of SolidTeknics cast iron pans online, had a look and thought "one day I'll get one". By the time I got around to getting a pan, cast iron was not being made anymore. So I got satin wrought iron instead. And LOVE IT. Have had these pans for two years now and they are always my go to pans. Handles stay cool, unless they go into the oven, but hey, obviously. Not many other pans would be happy on a fire, or in the oven. Non stick, light weight, easy clean... what more could you want? The company also has more help and morals than any other company I can think of. Really you can't go wrong!

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

So great to hear you're loving your AUS-ION Satin pan Laurie! Thanks for your wonderful review and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future. :-)

FLUMOXED

FLUMOXED

If you're serious about cooking, then Solidteknics is the only way to go.

Purchased in January 2016.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your great review, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future! And great to hear you're enjoying our Solidteknics Cookware Lovers Facebook group - we love our wonderful, helpful community! :)

Cate8

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Close to cooking perfection - if you're prepared to change your cooking style and learn to season.

Purchased in September 2015 at Kickstarter for A$150.00.

Genevieve M

Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best frypan you can ever get

26cm Solidteknics Sauteuse Frypan: Yes, it needs to be seasoned first as it is not coated with a toxic non-stick coating. But the website gives really clear instructions, and I have never had anything stick to my pan since I seasoned it. Heat distribution is beautifully even so really easy to cook on. Sure, it's heavier than a lightweight cheap pan, but it's not as heavy as full cast iron, I can still flip things in it easily. No rivets makes it a dream to clean. The handle never gets too hot to handle due to the gaps in the handle near the pan. I really can't believe how good this pan is, and how much I love it! Treat it well, and it will treat you well, then it will treat your kids well and their kids well also!

Purchased in November 2019 for A$149.00.

Michelle T.

Michelle T.

A little love needed but these are the only pans I'll ever buy again

We have an 18cm, a 30cm and a Bigga and we use them everyday! Eggs just slide around, pancakes the same and when cooking meat, the pans produce an amazing crust. After cooking I brush under hot water then back onto the stove to dry, occasionally I wipe a tiny smear of oil to keep them happy and they're ready for the next breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Purchased in January 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear your loving your AUS-ION pans. Sounds like you've nailed the seasoning! ;-)

Amazing pans!

I bought two of the 30cm Aus ion satin pans which arrived in December. Between then and now, they have been seasoned to the point that I can cook most foods, including eggs and pancakes, with no sticking at all. Cleaning the pan after cooking steaks, involves a light scrub with a soft scourer and hot water. I will NEVER use another pan! Apart from some slight sticking during the first couple of uses, nothing has stuck to this pan! I'm seriously impressed!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$300.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

We're so pleased to hear you are loving your AUS-ION pans! Thank you for your wonderful review, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future. :)

Claire B

Claire BMid North Coast, NSW

My new favourite pan!

I have had my solidteknics pan for a couple of months now and I am loving it! I was initially daunted by the seasoning process... but while it takes a bit of time it is actually not that hard. This pan cooks so much better than any of my other cheap non-stick pans.

Purchased in November 2019.

My favourite cookware.

I have the Bigga and a lid which doubles as a crepe pan.
Both are seasoned and don’t stick. Handles ok on stove top but get hot when used in the oven.
Much lighter than Cast Iron and easier to use. Multipurpose cookware. Bigga can roast, bake cakes, or cook on stovetop. Lid can cook on the stove top or be a baking surface in the oven.

Purchased in July 2019.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your review Kerrie, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable and healthy cookware future! Great to hear you're loving your BIGGA skillet and skillet lid - it's such a versatile combo! :)

freckles61

freckles61Sydney, NSW

Best Pans Ever!

I have used these pans now for 3 years and would not buy any other brand of pan. Follow seasoning directions and you are on your way to healthy eating (no toxic coating), great quality pans which are multi century. Do yourself a favour!

Purchased in October 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review and support! Great to hear you're loving your pans three years on - that's the beauty of our cookware, non toxic and built to last for generations. :)

A Future Family Heirloom

I bought my Solidteknics skillet when they were first released and it is my everyday pan. It’s light enough for a weak wristed woman, heats beautifully on a low temperature, perfect for meat or any fried or sauted food. Continued cooking builds up a lovely non stick seasoning and I keep the pan in good condition by occasionally giving it a light rub with olive oil after washing and drying. Highly recommended.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Love all my solidteknics pieces

Love these pans, they take a little bit to season, but nothing onerous, they are worth the investment as they will last forever, easy to use and season if you follow the instructions, they will loose a bit of seasoning if cooking acidic foods, but it’s a relatively easy task to remedy that. Just follow the instructions and check out their website for help, they are awesome and I wouldn’t buy anything else after having these

Purchased in August 2019 at Solidteknics for A$499.00.

See all Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware reviews