Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware (page 2 of 3)

4.2

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (6) · No (31)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (32) · No (3)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

Amazing pans!

I bought two of the 30cm Aus ion satin pans which arrived in December. Between then and now, they have been seasoned to the point that I can cook most foods, including eggs and pancakes, with no sticking at all. Cleaning the pan after cooking steaks, involves a light scrub with a soft scourer and hot water. I will NEVER use another pan! Apart from some slight sticking during the first couple of uses, nothing has stuck to this pan! I'm seriously impressed!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$300.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

We're so pleased to hear you are loving your AUS-ION pans! Thank you for your wonderful review, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future. :)

Claire B

Claire BMid North Coast, NSW

My new favourite pan!

I have had my solidteknics pan for a couple of months now and I am loving it! I was initially daunted by the seasoning process... but while it takes a bit of time it is actually not that hard. This pan cooks so much better than any of my other cheap non-stick pans.

Purchased in November 2019.

My favourite cookware.

I have the Bigga and a lid which doubles as a crepe pan.
Both are seasoned and don’t stick. Handles ok on stove top but get hot when used in the oven.
Much lighter than Cast Iron and easier to use. Multipurpose cookware. Bigga can roast, bake cakes, or cook on stovetop. Lid can cook on the stove top or be a baking surface in the oven.

Purchased in July 2019.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your review Kerrie, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable and healthy cookware future! Great to hear you're loving your BIGGA skillet and skillet lid - it's such a versatile combo! :)

Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

freckles61

freckles61Sydney, NSW

Best Pans Ever!

I have used these pans now for 3 years and would not buy any other brand of pan. Follow seasoning directions and you are on your way to healthy eating (no toxic coating), great quality pans which are multi century. Do yourself a favour!

Purchased in October 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review and support! Great to hear you're loving your pans three years on - that's the beauty of our cookware, non toxic and built to last for generations. :)

A Future Family Heirloom

I bought my Solidteknics skillet when they were first released and it is my everyday pan. It’s light enough for a weak wristed woman, heats beautifully on a low temperature, perfect for meat or any fried or sauted food. Continued cooking builds up a lovely non stick seasoning and I keep the pan in good condition by occasionally giving it a light rub with olive oil after washing and drying. Highly recommended.

Non-Stick Longevity3+ years
SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Love all my solidteknics pieces

Love these pans, they take a little bit to season, but nothing onerous, they are worth the investment as they will last forever, easy to use and season if you follow the instructions, they will loose a bit of seasoning if cooking acidic foods, but it’s a relatively easy task to remedy that. Just follow the instructions and check out their website for help, they are awesome and I wouldn’t buy anything else after having these

Purchased in August 2019 at Solidteknics for A$499.00.

Val

ValMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic for cooking eggs, meat, chicken and vegetables and veg burgers

Lighter than cast iron, handle doesn't get hot, has spoon holder built into handle
Follow seasoning instructions and use a little oil when cooking and the pan will last forever, sustainable

Purchased at Biome for A$450.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review Val, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future! : )

Miri T.

Miri T.Victoria

Love them!

I have 2 of these that I use all the time and love (and a third that I bought s/h as an impulse buy and isn't a great shape for me). I really enjoyed the seasoning though and even though I am generally lazy I like caring for them and really appreciate them. Also I have never used teflon so these behave like a light cast iron which I have used a lot. If you don't like seasoning and expect them to be like teflon you may not like these. I did find the heavier pan (4mm) easier to season with a more powerful wok burner.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$200.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your review Miri! Great to hear you've enjoyed the seasoning process and caring for your pans - it can be such a rewarding process. Thanks for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future!

CC eyes

CC eyes

Safe for birds

Michael F.

Michael F.

Won't be buying anything else

Once you get the hang of seasoning the pans it's dead easy and the fact they'll last multiple lifetimes makes their purchase a no-brainer.
As expected, the pans are heavy compared to your regular Teflon ones, but not as heavy as regular cast iron.
The handles can get a little hot sometimes, but only if cooking something on high heat with some decent pre-heating time.
If you purchase, don't give up on it early because the seasoning process really is easy once you get the hang of it.

cpu__2000

cpu__2000Sydney, NSW

Toxic fumes when seasoning and damaged my oven

Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Worst customer service. Toxic smoke when seasoning. Don’t waste your money please it’s the worst product I’ve ever bought. They are heavy, expensive and don’t do what they are supposed to do.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$400.00.

Bahumbug

BahumbugSouth Australia

Best I’ve ever used- by a long shot

Absolutely love the non stick capabilities of this cookware! Not as heavy as cast iron, very very easy to clean and maintain. A bit of effort to season in the beginning (which I enjoyed) definitely worth it. I am a cook so I’ve used a few pans in my time and this Solidteknics one is by far the best one! I love that it keeps even temperature and doesn’t require a really high heat for caramelising/searing etc. I also love that it’s so quickly cleaned up and is one piece. I really wish I found it ages ago but oh well. Worth every cent!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$120.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your kind review, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future! :)

Mr SS

Mr SS

Expensive, heavy, hard to season to a consistent non stick surface

Bought this at David Jones. Good design with no rivets and it weighs less than a traditional cast Iron pan but is still heavy compared to other pans. After following the instructions for seasoning, I found the non stick never really worked very well. I now use an Arcosteel teflon frypan I bought on sale from Woolies for about $17 and love the Arcosteel pan much more as it is lightweight, non stick, and inexpensive.

Purchased in October 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$170.00.

Non-Stick LongevityLess than a month

Good with hard work

This company is no doubt innovative and cutting edge, but I should not have purchased their product. I realized it $2,000 later. It's not their fault. I just expected the pans to be easier to maintain and not so sensitive but I guess at the end of the day its cause they are just pans. I cannot expect wow. I got injured and wasn't able to keep up with the cookware. I feel dumb for wasting my money. These pans are so hard to clean, and I wish I had not bought them.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$2,000.00.

Non-Stick Longevity1 - 4 months

Where am I going wrong?

Purchased in January 2019.

Non-Stick LongevityLess than a month

CSC

CSCHunter Region, NSW

Australian made can't beat it!

These pans cook like cast iron but are steel. They are light and work on all heat sources. I have now brought four pieces and will continue to buy more. They come with multi life time warranty.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$200.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review! Yes that's the beauty of wrought iron - half the weight of cast and even better performance! We appreciate your support :-)

Ines

InesSydney, NSW

This is it. No other.

Purchased in January 2017 at Kitchen Warehouse.

SaWo

SaWoWestern Australia

The BEST Cookware!

Purchased in December 2018 at Solidteknics.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Buyer beware - very disappointing. Stick to real cast iron.

Crap product , rude service & refuse to honour warranty. After 12 months of seasoning the pan rusts if left in the dish rack overnight this is the result. Stick to real cast iron.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$199.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
pat

patNorthern Region, NSW

good but still working it out

Its great for cooking meats but still getting the hang of using it to fry my eggs and make pancakes but waiting for an email response from their support team

Date PurchasedOct 2018