3.8

Azat
AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts
Ann Mullins
Ann Mullins

Now that I’ve got the hand of it it’s perfect!

I love this product. I had trouble with my early seasoning attempts (too much oil) and didn’t research how to wash the pan correctly so early results weren’t good. But having done my homework including cleaning as well as lower cooking temperatures even my 13 year old has no problems cooking on it. It is now well seasoned, non stick, and I love it. I’ve had no issue with the handles getting hot, and I find it solid without being too heavy. I encourage everyone to persevere and take the advice of the company support team rather than give up! Show details ·  1
Chris Mason
Chris MasonSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Induction hob? Do NOT buy this skillet

Concave base, thin metal unsatisfactory for induction. Lower heat absorption. Inconsistent heat transfer. Hot spots at perimeter. Without care prone to severe overheating and damage to hob. Perfect for gas. Show details
Josh A
Josh ABrisbane9 posts
Cate S.South East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Didn't work well for me and customer service wouldn't believe me

Followed seasoning advise exactly but it never got black or non-slip.
Anything cooked on surface would stick and had to be removed using a scourer.
I must have seasoned it like 7 times and it never went black like in the pictures.

Prone to rust and verdigris if left in dishes overnight so keep oiled. Handle is uncomfortable.

Customer service emailed me back and forth at least 10 times giving me explanations.
I asked if it's possible the steel poured could be inconsistent but this was laughed at.
Customer service never apologised or offered a refund. Am disappointed.

Pending response from this review, I'll be donating it local charity. Perhaps nearby homeless could get better use of it on an open fire that I could with my stove. Show details

Cate S.

I meant to click Solve Privately because I'd still like to get my money back but I doubt that would happen. I put it on the back burner for so long because all the emails just made me feel like there was nothing could be done.

Jim F.
Jim F.

Shelly
ShellyPerth, WA2 posts

Terrible company to deal with . If you have an issue it's your fault

Difficult to season. Poor or no instructions inclueded with the pans. I tried multiple times contacted the company was basically made to feel like an idiot. Their warrenty is non existent.dont waste your money Show details
Daniel
DanielCairns4 posts

Just what I was after

Bought this to replace non-stick pans that tend to last about 1 year in our home. Sure this pan takes a bit of looking after (a couple of minutes to clean and season after each meal) but that's a small price to pay for something that will pay you back by lasting forever.

We did make the mistake of cooking a tomato based meal in it and I had to restart the seasoning over again - won't do that again. Other than that we cook eggs, fish and plenty of sensitives without issue.

I love products that are made to last. I'll be buying one of these for my kids when they leave home and I hope they learn to appreciate it as much as I do.

Good job Solidteknics. Show details ·  1

Michael
MichaelPerth8 posts

Lanna
LannaSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Best pans EVER!

Bought my first pan a few years ago and we love it so much that we are always adding more and more sizes to our collection. Lighter than cast iron, cooks beautifully if looked after and hard wearing, we pack them when we go camping as well. Highly recommended! Show details ·  1
Rich E Rich
Rich E Rich2 posts
Henry Xu
Henry XuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid like a plague

You will waste countless hours of time, gas and money trying to season and reseason these pans. I would give 0 stars for maintenance if I could! They extremely susceptible to rust. Not happy Jan!

Avoid at all costs and stick to using stainless steel or cast iron. After persisting in using these pans for a few months, they are destined for the scrap heap as the retailer would not accept the return. Show details

Adam K
Adam KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Rae
RaeWestern Australia4 posts

I love my Solidteknic Aus-ion pans, no more toxic non stick coatings for me

I have the Bigga skillet, the 35cm wok, 26cm frypan, they are amazing. Just be patient and learn how to season the pans well or just start deep frying and cooking bacon. I love cooking with olive oil and a bit of butter. Show details ·  1
Laurie D.
Laurie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Just LOVE these pans!

I first heard of SolidTeknics cast iron pans online, had a look and thought "one day I'll get one". By the time I got around to getting a pan, cast iron was not being made anymore. So I got satin wrought iron instead. And LOVE IT. Have had these pans for two years now and they are always my go to pans. Handles stay cool, unless they go into the oven, but hey, obviously. Not many other pans would be happy on a fire, or in the oven. Non stick, light weight, easy clean... what more could you want? The company also has more help and morals than any other company I can think of. Really you can't go wrong! Show details ·  1
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

FLUMOXED
FLUMOXED4 posts

Cate8
Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA49 posts

Genevieve M
Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

The best frypan you can ever get

26cm Solidteknics Sauteuse Frypan: Yes, it needs to be seasoned first as it is not coated with a toxic non-stick coating. But the website gives really clear instructions, and I have never had anything stick to my pan since I seasoned it. Heat distribution is beautifully even so really easy to cook on. Sure, it's heavier than a lightweight cheap pan, but it's not as heavy as full cast iron, I can still flip things in it easily. No rivets makes it a dream to clean. The handle never gets too hot to handle due to the gaps in the handle near the pan. I really can't believe how good this pan is, and how much I love it! Treat it well, and it will treat you well, then it will treat your kids well and their kids well also! Show details ·  1
Michelle T.
Michelle T.3 posts

A little love needed but these are the only pans I'll ever buy again

We have an 18cm, a 30cm and a Bigga and we use them everyday! Eggs just slide around, pancakes the same and when cooking meat, the pans produce an amazing crust. After cooking I brush under hot water then back onto the stove to dry, occasionally I wipe a tiny smear of oil to keep them happy and they're ready for the next breakfast, lunch or dinner. Show details ·  1
DizzyM
DizzyM

Amazing pans!

I bought two of the 30cm Aus ion satin pans which arrived in December. Between then and now, they have been seasoned to the point that I can cook most foods, including eggs and pancakes, with no sticking at all. Cleaning the pan after cooking steaks, involves a light scrub with a soft scourer and hot water. I will NEVER use another pan! Apart from some slight sticking during the first couple of uses, nothing has stuck to this pan! I'm seriously impressed! Show details ·  1
Claire B
Claire BMid North Coast, NSW4 posts

My new favourite pan!

I have had my solidteknics pan for a couple of months now and I am loving it! I was initially daunted by the seasoning process... but while it takes a bit of time it is actually not that hard. This pan cooks so much better than any of my other cheap non-stick pans. Show details ·  1
Kerrie P.
Kerrie P.

My favourite cookware

I have the Bigga and a lid which doubles as a crepe pan.
Both are seasoned and don’t stick. Handles ok on stove top but get hot when used in the oven.
Much lighter than Cast Iron and easier to use. Multipurpose cookware. Bigga can roast, bake cakes, or cook on stovetop. Lid can cook on the stove top or be a baking surface in the oven. Show details ·  1
freckles61
freckles61Sydney, NSW2 posts

Best Pans Ever!

I have used these pans now for 3 years and would not buy any other brand of pan. Follow seasoning directions and you are on your way to healthy eating (no toxic coating), great quality pans which are multi century. Do yourself a favour! Show details ·  1
Jllieb
Jllieb2 posts

A Future Family Heirloom

I bought my Solidteknics skillet when they were first released and it is my everyday pan. It’s light enough for a weak wristed woman, heats beautifully on a low temperature, perfect for meat or any fried or sauted food. Continued cooking builds up a lovely non stick seasoning and I keep the pan in good condition by occasionally giving it a light rub with olive oil after washing and drying. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Sonia
Sonia

Love all my solidteknics pieces

Love these pans, they take a little bit to season, but nothing onerous, they are worth the investment as they will last forever, easy to use and season if you follow the instructions, they will loose a bit of seasoning if cooking acidic foods, but it’s a relatively easy task to remedy that. Just follow the instructions and check out their website for help, they are awesome and I wouldn’t buy anything else after having these Show details

Val
ValMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic for cooking eggs, meat, chicken and vegetables and veg burgers

Lighter than cast iron, handle doesn't get hot, has spoon holder built into handle
Follow seasoning instructions and use a little oil when cooking and the pan will last forever, sustainable  Show details ·  1
Miri T.
Miri T.Victoria

Love them!

I have 2 of these that I use all the time and love (and a third that I bought s/h as an impulse buy and isn't a great shape for me). I really enjoyed the seasoning though and even though I am generally lazy I like caring for them and really appreciate them. Also I have never used teflon so these behave like a light cast iron which I have used a lot. If you don't like seasoning and expect them to be like teflon you may not like these. I did find the heavier pan (4mm) easier to season with a more powerful wok burner. Show details ·  1
CC eyes
CC eyes5 posts

Michael F.
Michael F.5 posts

Won't be buying anything else

Once you get the hang of seasoning the pans it's dead easy and the fact they'll last multiple lifetimes makes their purchase a no-brainer.
As expected, the pans are heavy compared to your regular Teflon ones, but not as heavy as regular cast iron.
The handles can get a little hot sometimes, but only if cooking something on high heat with some decent pre-heating time.
If you purchase, don't give up on it early because the seasoning process really is easy once you get the hang of it. Show details ·  1
cpu__2000
cpu__2000Sydney, NSW2 posts

Toxic fumes when seasoning and damaged my oven

Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Worst customer service. Toxic smoke when seasoning. Don’t waste your money please it’s the worst product I’ve ever bought. They are heavy, expensive and don’t do what they are supposed to do. Show details
Bahumbug
BahumbugSouth Australia6 posts

Best I’ve ever used- by a long shot

Absolutely love the non stick capabilities of this cookware! Not as heavy as cast iron, very very easy to clean and maintain. A bit of effort to season in the beginning (which I enjoyed) definitely worth it. I am a cook so I’ve used a few pans in my time and this Solidteknics one is by far the best one! I love that it keeps even temperature and doesn’t require a really high heat for caramelising/searing etc. I also love that it’s so quickly cleaned up and is one piece. I really wish I found it ages ago but oh well. Worth every cent! Show details ·  1
Mr SS
Mr SS11 posts

Expensive, heavy, hard to season to a consistent non stick surface

Bought this at David Jones. Good design with no rivets and it weighs less than a traditional cast Iron pan but is still heavy compared to other pans. After following the instructions for seasoning, I found the non stick never really worked very well. I now use an Arcosteel teflon frypan I bought on sale from Woolies for about $17 and love the Arcosteel pan much more as it is lightweight, non stick, and inexpensive. Show details
Sandra
Sandra

Good with hard work

This company is no doubt innovative and cutting edge, but I should not have purchased their product. I realized it $2,000 later. It's not their fault. I just expected the pans to be easier to maintain and not so sensitive but I guess at the end of the day its cause they are just pans. I cannot expect wow. I got injured and wasn't able to keep up with the cookware. I feel dumb for wasting my money. These pans are so hard to clean, and I wish I had not bought them. Show details
Jan
Jan

CSC
CSCHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Australian made can't beat it!

These pans cook like cast iron but are steel. They are light and work on all heat sources. I have now brought four pieces and will continue to buy more. They come with multi life time warranty. Show details ·  1

Ines
InesSydney, NSW21 posts

SaWo
SaWoWestern Australia7 posts

Disappointed
Disappointed

Buyer beware - very disappointing. Stick to real cast iron

Crap product , rude service & refuse to honour warranty. After 12 months of seasoning the pan rusts if left in the dish rack overnight this is the result. Stick to real cast iron. Show details
pat
patNorthern Region, NSW48 posts

good but still working it out

Its great for cooking meats but still getting the hang of using it to fry my eggs and make pancakes but waiting for an email response from their support team

Show details