Soniq Mini Hi Fi System

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent little system.

I bought one of these systems about 2 years ago on special for $159.00 on special for use on my tv in the family room. After opening the box, I was immediately impressed with the quality of the packaging and also the build quality. After setting it up and playing it from a few sources such as cd, dvd and tv, my thoughts were simply, Wow!

I have previously worked in the audio industry and while I wouldn't call my self an audiophile, I do appreciate good sound. And this little system delivers. The speakers are far better than anything else you can buy for this price. They sound clear and airy yet without harshness. As another reviewer here stated, sound quality is on a par with far more expensive speakers.

For another $100.00 I also added a used Canton AS10 subwoofer to the system wired via high level input and with this addition it destroys any soundbar that I have listened too.

Some will say that adding a vacuum tube to create a second harmonic introduces unwanted distortion. It is simply not true. The whole system just sounds pleasant and easy to listen too for extended periods.

If these had been initially marketed correctly and sold at a reasonable price to begin with, they would have been a sales success. However that was not the case, but the bonus is for those of us that have bought this little gem at the above price.
So much so that I just purchased a second one at $169.00 delivered.

Purchased in March 2017 at Ebay for $159.00.

Wow what a sound

After reading these two reviews I decided to purchase the Soniq H10, it was on sales and reduced form huge price tag of $999. As for a mini system I can agree with the last two reviews. The sound is crisp and clear and has a good base and treble range. Comes with gold plated connectors and is a nice system.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

exceptional

Received this system from Soniq for an amazing price, could not pass it up as it was virtually close to 1/10th of the original price (an easter special for Soniq members only.) Great sound for a mini HiFi unit. I have had a few bookshelf speakers but these coupled with this amp are better than anything previously owned. Clear, crisp and a joy to listen to and look at. I've never had a unit that comes with its own plinth or base if you will but the designers really thought this through well. Solidly built, no plastic or MDF just quality aluminium, metal and glass. For its small size the unit is quite heavy. Easy to set up with high grade connections included. Thoroughly agree with the first reviewer Thomas who is clearly an audiophile in whereas, I am not. I just appreciate a well made unit that delivers. This is my first valve system and if this is how good one can sound by a company that does not specialise in them and is not even a high end manufacturer, then I am a fan.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Bought this Vacuum Tube based amplifier/Mini HiFi system on a whim from Soniq as there were no reviews or any information about it at all online.
Boy I'm glad I did! Carved out of a solid piece of aluminium the very small but solid vacuum amp produces a very modest 6w RMS per channel but it does so through perhaps the most amazing speakers (as good as my Mission and Klipsch bookshelf's) I've ever seen supplied by a commercial manufacturer as they usual go cheap here and put all the effort into the driver. Vocals or one or two piece instrumentals are warm (without being muddy or overcoloured) and crisp (but not too bright) within a easily discernible and alive/dynamic sound stage. Good bass response for speakers of this size but understandably more complex and demanding modern music is not this systems strong suite.

The thing that will amaze you the most is the quality of accessories which for example includes speaker wires that are monster cable like in quality and preconnected to gold plated banana plugs and inputs at both ends. it's very pretty to look at too with the tubes on show glowing in the front windows. If you have hankered after a vacuum amp but want all the mod cons like remote control and built in USB inputs and decoding onboard in a high quality package at an affordable price (only $999 rec retail) then don't miss this opportunity as I suspect Soniq somehow got talked into making these babies by someone in the company with an audiophile bias then realised they didn't know who to sell them to or how as it is such a niche product. Probably won't be around for long and you will kick yourself if you hear them at a mates and they are already gone. Ideal if you have high end audio in the living room but would like the same in the bedroom or kitchen.