Verified🏆 2024 Award

89% · 9110 · 10%

Peter B
Peter B
  Fair Incentive

After some initial problems unit has performed extremely well

Purchased system end of 2022. Original control unit needed to be replaced after a few months. System has performed flawlessly since. Unit size was 10kw. For a whole house with EV car charging a larger unit would be more beneficial. Since system has not had a full year of operation the yearly cost savings cannot be determined yet. Battery does get a daily workout. Well pleased with performance to date. Show details ·  1
manoj
manoj

Great Investment

The battery looks good, not out of place, The call centre in South Australia and NOT overseas which can be difficult with language barriers. The Sonnen App is easy to use , gives me live information. I can check the status of power etc... Show reply
John and Di
John and DiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best Solar decision we've made

The battery has been installed for approximately 11 months and now we do not receive a power bill anymore, in fact there is normally a credit of $100 or more. On power outages the battery goes to Back Up and while the sun is shining the system continues to supply from the PV plant to run the house and maintain the battery between 83% and 90%. When power is restored, the battery returns to normal operation. We are so glad we went with this battery. The addition of Solar Hot water has made us completely independent. Well done to Sonnen and PowerSmart Solutions!! Show details ·  1
Karen
Karen2 posts

System operates perfectly

Our Sonnen Battery System was installed in May 2023, and we can see significant reduction in electricity costs.
We have had 2 Power outages that we didn't even know about, due to the battery taking over during electricity outage. Show details ·  1
David W.
David W.Sydney, NSW

A great support package for my 40 Solar Panels

The Sonnen data access allows me to control my energy use day after day, month after month, the 10kw sonnen battery takes up very little space adjacent to my power board and inverter. Show details ·  1
Clement C.
Clement C.

Very happy

I have not paid a single electricity bill since I have my sonnen battery and I’m charging my electric car everyday ! Show details ·  1
Ian A.
Ian A.South-Eastern Region, NSW
david
david
  Fair Incentive Verified

Got rid of gas and now have solar + battery

Bill has gone from $300 gas + electricity combined down to $20 a month, runs super quiet and no more worries about power bills. More than covers my nightly usage effectively reducing my draw from the grid down to 0! Show details ·  1
Tony
TonySouth Australia2 posts

A great investment

Since having our Sonnen battery installed it has provided us with electricity while the rest of the neighbourhood goes into darkness during a number of blackouts.
The Sonnen App is easy to use and I personally enjoy the Real Time feature. Show details
Neil
NeilSouth Australia5 posts

Excellent Investment

I am very happy with my Sonnen Battery. The Grid dependency has been on a decline despite higher consumption. I love the real time view on Sonnen's website as well as the app. The warranty that comes along is very promising and gives me the peace of mind. The customer service is prompt and very helpful as well. I would definitely recommend Sonnen battery to anyone. It's a real deal and best value of your money. Above all this, going green through the Sonnen battery has been an overall very rewarding experience. Show details ·  1
Kelvin
Kelvin
  Fair Incentive

Awesome system with rising energy prices

System provides blackout protection to the home. Apps is user friendly but could improve with dynamic forecasting of weather and sun cover to adjust buffer load.
Technical staff brilliant with their quick response and followup. Show details ·  1
julius744
julius744Metropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

A Great Fit for our modern expensive times

My batteries last about 6 hours after sunset, provided they have reached 100% ie sunny day. I would like them to last all night as we don't use any aircon in the evening and have but 1 modern tv running and very few of out LED lights on Show details ·  1
Jennifer
JenniferMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Future Proofing

Has helped with our financial budget in retirement. Being able to check how it’s performing is great Show details
Craig
CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Fair Incentive

Just what I was looking for in a battery

Installed in February 2023. First 2 months had a credit on Electricity account and only in about May my first bill was about $7.00. Over winter June power bill was about $48 and July $56 . I have just got August bill and it is starting to drop again $39. I have a 2 storey house with 4 people living in it. I have a 7.47 Kw of Solar panels . Spring will be a good test of the system. Show details ·  1
Harold L.
Harold L.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great for the environment

I have had my Sonnen for almost 6 months. I didn't buy it to save money. I bought it to save the environment. Combined with a 15kw solar system and a BYD Atto3 I'm saving heaps. Net carbon dioxide emissions is zero. The 10 kW Sonnen battery has been trouble free and the App is great. Show details ·  3
YOg
YOgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Fair Incentive

Sonnen battery doing well so far

I love the live data transforming thru app to decide what to do and not .. excellent Show details ·  1

Chris
Chris

Sonnen Evo battery review

I got a Sonnen battery at the start of the year, it took a while to come in and be installed, and I did have an issue with it not flicking over to providing back up power in a black out. Sonnen were really good with that with the after sales support, fixed the issue and I haven't had a problem since. I would absolutely recommend the battery system that I have to anyone looking for battery back up for their house. Show reply
Shane B.
Shane B.5 posts

Exactly what we needed

Since purchasing and having the Sonnen Battery installed we have had nothing but support from Sonnen, the provider and installer. After an initial hiccup Sonnen were right onto the issue and the management of the battery was fully replaced. No mucking around, they just fixed it. The Sonnen app is very simple to use and full of options that allow us to understand what is happening at the time, both with the battery and solar panels. All in all we are so happy we purchased the Sonnen and would recommend it to anyone considering solar storage. Show details ·  1
John R
John RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Why did we not do this sooner?

We installed solar panels approximately 6 years ago and a Sonnen battery in February 2023. Now the installed battery charges during the day to which supplies most of our evening requirements. Also, joining Sonnen network we receive a monthly supplement. Naturally the summer months generate more charge which ideally a second battery might be entertained. Show details ·  1
P. Guthrie
P. Guthrie2 posts
  Fair Incentive

We have half rd our power bill in a holiday rental

Has been very successful in a cold climate especially when rain or sleet falls. Has also saved a lot of money on this holiday rental in power bills Show details ·  1
Adam Gulson
Adam Gulson
  Fair Incentive

Battery works great but is offline too ofter

At least once a day i find it is offline which is annoying Show details ·  1
David Snashall
David SnashallSydney, NSW2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Generally good, although did need repairs under warranty

I have had my Sonnen Evo fo about a year and generally it works in a trouble free manner and saves me power every sunny day. It did stop working (and Sonnen notified me) and then took a couple of weeks to get it reapired under warranty. Its been all good since hen and is trouble fee. Show details ·  1
Troy
TroyCentral, SA2 posts

Doesn’t work

Can’t give a review as it’s been connected for 12 months and still doesn’t work.the battery hasn’t done 1 cycle yet!it’s not Sonnen’s fault it’s arise solars fault.they are looking into it just now.it’s been a bad experience that’s all
I can say!!!
sonnen Australia   DM

We're sorry to hear Troy! We'd be interested to see your review change once Arise Solar have resolved the issue and you've experienced the sonnenBatterie operating smoothly.

Aero W.
Aero W.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Part of the team

Storage space for the power your solar generates this means you can take full advantage of the power you create when you need it. With a Sonnen battery you can be part of a much bigger plan to help the power grid cope with all of the new technology solar can offer. Show details ·  1
Susan
SusanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Fair Incentive

Grateful to have a battery

I find the battery quite noisy and am glad it is in the garage not outside my back door. It's good to be able to use the power from the battery when it's expensive to use it from the grid.
I would like to have had a bigger one as it runs out very quickly for me. The Sonnen App is useful to know the status of what I'm using and how much is left in the battery.
Being part of the Sonnen Community helps financially. Show details ·  1
Lynette
LynetteCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
  Fair Incentive

Big investment but worth it

Very happy with product. It's working well & having the app to monitor everything is fantastic. Show reply

Paul B.
Paul B.
  Fair Incentive

A great product doing what we want it to do

We have been very happy with our battery which works well. It’s useful to be able to check discharge and recharge through the app. I’ve found our personal consultant very helpful when questions arise. Rare software glitches were easily fixed by me by using the on/off switch. Support material helpful in educating me about how the battery works. Show details ·  1
Rob O
Rob OPerth, WA
  Fair Incentive

Great addition to the solar panels

We have had a decent reduction in our power bills since the battery was installed. While the feed in return has not been as good the savings by using battery power, especially in the summer months, has off set this reduction. Also having back during power outages is a real bonus. Show details ·  1
new battery
new batterySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good solid battery

Had the battery 6 months and it has performed well, with our SEQ home achieving 97% independence quite frequently. Most days when the running the air-con for heating or cooling drops that back to about 60% on average. I would make sure you get an installer who has done a lot of Sonnen installs previously. Show details ·  1
John Beckett
John BeckettSydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive

A sound decision for these inflationary times

Following the first full quarter bill received after commissioning our battery and following the latest significant increase in pricing, we actually received the lowest bill ever and a fall KWH purchased by 40% compared to the equivalent quarter in 2022 Show reply
Bow
BowSouthern and Hills, SA

Very happy

We have had our Sonnen 10Kwh battery for 13 months and are very pleased with it..even with the increased power prices.. We have the battery on time of use setting. In SA we can purchase power for 8c kWh between 10am and 4pm if it's overcast and the battery powers the house in the evening when power is expensive.. Our home is completely electric, at this time of year we don't export much power and our power bills are still minimal.. In the Summer we should get credits to offset the small Winter bills. Show details ·  1
Pauline Barrett
Pauline Barrett

Great

Installation went well and system performance is fine at this stage Show details ·  1
Flavio M.
Flavio M.

Greening the way I live

While expensive, I can now meet most of my electricity consumption through the combination of rooftop solar and my new Sonnen battery. The software works really well, and I can manage my consumption to prioritise self-consumption. Great product! Show details
Cassie J
Cassie J

What battery?

Invisible, wouldn't know its there apart from the step change down in my power bill. And with the price of electricity only going to go up, perfect purchase!! Show details ·  1
JCD
JCDPerth, WA5 posts

Perfect way to reduce power costs

Installed a Sonnen 10kw storage battery 3 years ago. With 6kw solar panel system, and a level of managing usage, annual power costs now $200pa! Payback period now down to 4-5 years. In summer after battery full by 11am, plug in my Tesla EV, and fully charges each day from surplus power generated, in lieu of going into the Grid, where only 3c kw received. No cost to run the Tesla! Perfect arrangement all round. Show details ·  1
PAUL RYAN
PAUL RYANGippsland, VIC10 posts

Michael
MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Do you like to drive a Mercedes or Ford or Havel?

I purchased my unit in Oct 2021. A home battery is a product that works or it does not work, it it is working then great, if it is not working then I am grateful. I bought the Sonnen battery largely because it is German technology & that provides me with peace of mind. Since 2021 Sonnen have called me three times to tell me something is wrong with my system. On two occasions my wifi stopped interacting with the battery. Can you please reset you wifi sir, you are offline? On one occasion they called to tell me they had noticed a fault. Within days a tech was onsite fixing the issue with a new parts in hand. I am pleased with my decision to go with the Sonnen home battery. Show details ·  1
Ian B
Ian B

Great Battery and customer service

The battery has reduced our power bill to the point we only pay for daily supply charge and a very small energy charge $65/m total Show details ·  1
chris
chrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Do Not Deal With Sonnen!!!

Don't buy a Sonnen battery!! This is organisation is deceitful and does not stand by its products. My battery has not worked for several weeks - Sonnen's strategy is to do nothing.. It is still under warrantee, they have inverters required to fix my unit but prefer to "wait". Attempting to contact them on 137666 is a joke - you have about a 10% chance of speaking to anyone. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS ORGANISATION...
davidb
davidbIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Battery is great. Couldn't live without it

I have been using Sonnen battery for over 4 years now and SonnenFlat Every year I received a refund of the monthly fee. Once I had to call Sonnen with a battery error. They asked me to restart it after firmware upgrade. Moving to Tasmania and will Sign up for Sonnen Battery & SonnenFlat again. Great to be helping get rid of coal & gas power stations Show details ·  1

Extra Information