Sonos One

Sonos One

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gardner

GardnerWatson 2602, ACT

Sonos One and Alexa - doorstop review

Purchased in October 2018.

David Canberra

David CanberraCanberra

Sound is good, Alexa doesn't work properly

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Rusty

RustyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great paper weight

It has a great sound but that it where it ends, you can't use this speaker for anything other than Sonos approved music apps but for gaming, movies, YouTube and TV it is absolutely useless, do yourself a favour and go for another brand that isn't so restrictive.

Purchased in April 2019.

Susan S

Susan SSouthbank

A nice upgrade from the Sonos Play:1

Those familiar with the Play: 1 will feel right at home with the Sonos One. If you''ve in anyway dived into the home automation space, and feel comfortable with Alexa, then I can highly recommend the One. When you take full advantage of voice controls, it just makes life so so much easier. Worth paying the extra, and also worth upgrading, we did!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Newbs

NewbsVictoria

A Great Little Smart Speaker

Firstly, the Sonos One sounds amazing! Huge bass from such a compact unit, very warm sound at all volume levels and no distortion when the volume is turned up. It works great for home automation too with Amazon Alexa. With voice commands, I can conveniently control my streaming music service (Tidal), and my smart lighting (Philips Hue) throughout my home, from almost any room. The microphone and voice recognition is pretty close to perfect. Couldn't live without it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Peter

PeterNortheast, VIC

Sonos One released too early

I have just set up a new Sonos One speaker and found out it has limited useablity with voice control. It uses the Amazon Alexa system to operate. I can’t play music I have on my iPad using voice commands. I need to have a paid music streaming service to work with voice command. It’s not much better than the Sonos play one. It won’t work with all my other Sonos speakers. It’s half baked. I could have saved money and bought another play one. All the manual, iphone or iPad controlled speakers are great. Don’t waste your money until they developed it properly.