Sonos One

3.0

Christopher J

Christopher JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Upgrade to S2 warnings very annoying

Love my Sonos products, great integration, great sound. I do not like the continual upgrade to S2 messages in the apps. If I upgrade to S2 software my Sonos One speakers will continue to operate but my $500+ dollar Sonos Connect will be bricked ie: no longer work. My Connect device runs my AMP via optic cable and I don’t feel like spending another $500+ to replace it with absolutely no benefit. Why build something to last and then force the consumer to add it to landfill and spend more money ?

Purchased in January 2012 for $550.00.

True Review

True ReviewIllawarra, NSW

Very important for Sonos purchases

Purchased at JB Hifi Home for $2,700.00.

Anthony W

Anthony WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic sound, but some major limitations

Brilliant sound quality for the price. Sounds better than some more expensive speakers. However the lack of Chromecast support for a $299 speaker is not good, when it's available in many sub-$100 devices. Also Google Assistant support is poor when playing music. Can skip tracks, but that's about it. Can't start playlists, can't add music to playlists, can't like a song.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $269.10.

Martin H.

Martin H.Perth, WA

Sonos wrecking their business

Purchased in July 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

Jason Lim

Jason LimMelbourne, Victoria

Poor Google Assistance

I got the Gen 2 version. The google assistance for Sonos one need to be improved, a lot. I had a google mini before replacing with this, the sounds are better, but if you want to use voice command to play your music, it is absolutely appalling. If given a choice again, I will get a google home rather than this.
1 star for design.
1 star for sound.

Purchased in May 2020 for $269.00.

just roaming

just roamingsydney

Sounds good; Google Assistant very poor

Sounds quite good certainly a better sound than my Google mini. But if you're buying this to work with Google Assistant don't. As other reviews have said the voice response of Google Assistant via the Sonos is quite erratic and overall is poor. I wanted the voice features of my Google mini but a better sound quality for music particularly thru Spotify. I have to run Spotify and the features (eg select, skip, etc etc) manually thru the computer. And even then it is erratic; mostly it works but recently even the connectivity between the Sonos and Spotify is patchy ie the Sonos device just disappears off the Spotify app on my computer without any known reason. I wouldn't buy it if I had my time over.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

shaunak p.

shaunak p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty Good Sound Quality

Sonos one are pretty good for rear speakers when paired alongside sonos sub and play bar. When played on its own the sound is equally crisp and fills the room. I have bought 2 of them and paired with Sub and Sound Bar and it's just outstanding performance. It might break my window glass soon!!

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $275.00.

Steve

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Product

Warning if you buy 1 you will soon be buying more! Superb sound & quality product, integrates with Beam & other Ones to fill the house with music. Cannot fault since buying my 1st Sonos product 1 year ago

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

Why not to buy Sonos

We have a lot of sonos speakers. Now sonos wont support them with software updates. I bet they can. We will never buy sonos again unless they change thier policy

JayC

JayCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good sound with terrible Google Assistant

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $237.00.

Scotty the AJ

Scotty the AJAU

Good sound but very questionable tech for the price premium.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

JCL

JCLTasmania

It's a Play:1 with Features

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Kristian

KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Terrible Google Assistant Integration

Purchased in June 2019 at Amazon.

Gardner

GardnerWatson 2602, ACT

Sonos One and Alexa - doorstop review

Purchased in October 2018.

David Canberra

David CanberraCanberra

Sound is good, Alexa doesn't work properly

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Rusty

RustyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great paper weight

It has a great sound but that it where it ends, you can't use this speaker for anything other than Sonos approved music apps but for gaming, movies, YouTube and TV it is absolutely useless, do yourself a favour and go for another brand that isn't so restrictive.

Purchased in April 2019.

Susan S

Susan SSouthbank

A nice upgrade from the Sonos Play:1

Those familiar with the Play: 1 will feel right at home with the Sonos One. If you''ve in anyway dived into the home automation space, and feel comfortable with Alexa, then I can highly recommend the One. When you take full advantage of voice controls, it just makes life so so much easier. Worth paying the extra, and also worth upgrading, we did!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Newbs

NewbsVictoria

A Great Little Smart Speaker

Firstly, the Sonos One sounds amazing! Huge bass from such a compact unit, very warm sound at all volume levels and no distortion when the volume is turned up. It works great for home automation too with Amazon Alexa. With voice commands, I can conveniently control my streaming music service (Tidal), and my smart lighting (Philips Hue) throughout my home, from almost any room. The microphone and voice recognition is pretty close to perfect. Couldn't live without it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Peter

PeterNortheast, VIC

Sonos One released too early

I have just set up a new Sonos One speaker and found out it has limited useablity with voice control. It uses the Amazon Alexa system to operate. I can’t play music I have on my iPad using voice commands. I need to have a paid music streaming service to work with voice command. It’s not much better than the Sonos play one. It won’t work with all my other Sonos speakers. It’s half baked. I could have saved money and bought another play one. All the manual, iphone or iPad controlled speakers are great. Don’t waste your money until they developed it properly.