Sonos Play:1

Sonos Play:1 (page 2 of 2)

Delete this

This product is cancer. UI is worse than trash and the connection system is comical to say the least.
I am really not sure how this item/company is rated this highly quite literally one of the worst tech products i have ever purchased in my entire life. I would not recommend this at all

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Music to my ears.

Sonos has to one of the best speakers in the world, the quality the design and especially the sound, I have Two play One speakers and I just can't get enough them, my friends and family are always complementing the sound...next step a Sonos Connect amp and Play base...Thanks sonos...

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Sound, woeful connection options.

For the size this little fella has great sound, however, taking it on holiday when travelling the east coast of Oz was a waste of time.

Ease of use regarding setup is a joke. To connect to new wifi in a hotel can be impossible.

I wanted a pair of them for computer speakers but found I needed to buy a bridge to do that. More wires and components which counters the idea of wireless audio.

Skip this item. It just isn't worth the money. If you want Sonos, then buy the big Play 5 so you have some hardware connection options or even better, look for a speaker with Bluetooth that doesn't need a proprietary app, and can stream youtube, etc.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

They KILLED it!

I have to say that I've long enjoyed my SONOS player. Being able to use music streaming services to play 'my' taste of music has been enjoyable.

But, SONOS has KILLED the usefulness of the player.

When I bought my first SONOS Play 1, There was Pandora FREE and a few streamed FREE radio stations. I'm not a fan of radio stations such as Calm Radio as they tend only to play US artists, and the music genre gets boring after a short while. Sadly, being a US company, SONOS don't enable options that play music eminating from outside the US.

NOTE: For me, the FREE options are OK, I don't mind the adverts.

I bought another SONOS Play 1 in April, only to learn a little later that Pandora FREE was to depart Australia.

So, what is there to fill the void?

Nothing, zilch, SFA!!!!

For whatever reason, SONOS has enabled FREE alternatives (eg. Spotify, Accuradio, etc.) in the US, but not for Australia.

SONOS now want me to pay to listen to the streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, etc.

That said, while I can listen to FREE streaming services on my smartphone and play through bluetooth on my car radio, etc., SONOS will not configure their software to enable bluetooth streaming on their PLAY 1, 3, 5 or PLAYBAR. But, they have enabled their PLAY 5 to use an adaptor to accept bluetooth. Seems like SONOS has said 'stuff the folk using the lower end'!

So, until or unless SONOS enables bluetooth streaming on it's products, they are effectively useless.

As there are many quality (and well priced) bluetooth streaming speakers (players) available, do yourself a favour and forget SONOS!

NOT a happy vegemite!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Awesome speakers

Got my first sonos play one and fell in love with it, thought it being wifi based and having to use a seperate app would be annoying but is actually quite good because the music keeps playing no matter what is going on, on your phone, onto my second play 1 and have set up a stereo pair which sounds the best

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great Sound For Entry Level SONOS

These little speakers sound amazing for the size. You can tell by the weight they're quality. But better than the sound, is the SONOS brand. The system itself is bullet proof. My network spans 7 zones across a 500sqm home and everything works perfectly every single time. I can run every zone simultaneously and never is the music out of sync, never is there a pitch shift correction either like you get with AirPlay. It sounds perfect, every time.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great wireless music solution

The music quality is excellent an it easily allows stereo pairing or separation of additional units. The sonos app works with most streaming services and your local MP3 collection. For quality, looks and ease of use, it's the best. It's made a fanboy out of me. Wifi means it's a better home solution with better range and quality than Bluetooth.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Sonos - sounds great!

Sonos play 1 is the baby of the range but packs a heap of punch for its size. Nice and solid so it does not vibrate off a table but light enough to move around the house. Controlled by the Sonos app and set up in under a couple of minutes. The sound is clear but "gutsy" filling a small to medium size room with great sound. Two of them paired up with the sound bar and sub allow for surround sound for movies. Sonos is very rarely on sale but well worth saving up for. I have two with a third about to be purchased. They look and sound great.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

This has changed they way i listen to music

Sons Play: 1 has amazing sound quality - the Sonos app gives you access to all your music subscriptions, and enables you to control multiple Sonos devices from the one app. I have one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom, one in the living room and one that i move to an outdoor area when I'm entertaining. It gives your house a club like feel when the music carried through from room to room (volume per device can be altered so the bathroom one ic quieter for example). The app gives you access to heaps of playlists etc. so you don't have to constantly worry about choosing the music.

Love this speaker

This is an awesome sonos speaker for my kitchen area, small, compact speaker, great deep sound and all controlled by my iphone. I am looking forward to buying more when I can afford them. Price is a bit high in my opinion for what they are but they are obviously high quality and you get what you pay for. I highly recommend this speaker.

Awesome product

I love the Sonos Play 1. Surprising sound quality at this size and it's so easy to use. I like the app and the convenience. I am now listening to a much broader range of music and discovered some awesome playlists and radio stations.

Fantastic system, so easy to use!

Love my play 1s. They may be small, but the sound quality is super. Love the app, and the excellent functionality of playing same music in every room, or different songs in different rooms. Very portable too, great for the kids to move about from bedrooms to playroom. Great price too, really affordable start to your sonos system.

Brilliant system

Just got some of these babies. They may be small, but boy can they spread the music. This thing is loud, excellent tweets and crazy bass. Yes it is a bit pricey, but thereos a difference. Sure you can get those Bluetooth ones, but these WIRELESS SPEAKERS are completely different. You can combine some together into a group so they all play one music, or you can separate them and play different songs through each of them in different rooms.... the flexibility is key. If you are only using it for one room.... get the Bluetooth. You can get similar sound quality but cheaper. If you feel like expanding to other rooms, then get the sonos .

Study turn into a concert hall!

I installed 2 units of Play 1 on top of a book shelf. It turns the study into a concert hall. Controls via the desk top or ipad app with ease. The part that I really like is the compactness in size and the awesomeness of sound. Simply, "Crystal clear"
Crystal clear sound
I wants to get the rest of the systems.

Great addition to my Sonos system.

I use my Play:1 downstairs in a small space when I am sitting at my desk or on my EBike. Awesome, can't live without it. I track my time, change songs, check emails on my phone whilst I pedal. Too easy. Think guinea pigs outside enjoy the sound too and the possums at night.
Takes up minimal space, won't fall over, easy to use, connects via bridge which is upstairs.
Wish I had two of them.

Awesome sound!!

For such a small unit, it packs a punch - Easy to use and App is great. Hooked up my spotify and runs smoothly. Nice looking and very subtle. Adds to the rest of my sonos system nicely. Even for the size it fills out a decent size room. Now want one for the bathroom!
Sound and Look

Bought the Play 1 to test the Sonos ecosystem, thinking wifi might improve on bluetooth and intrigued about the whole house concept. Having severe trouble with skipping songs. Weird thing is the the symptoms change slightly - error about connection to the server (when using Spotify Premium and Apple Music), error about "Unable to play selected song", songs just skipping immediately to the next song no error message, Sonos iOS app spontaneously restarting. Sonos support very quick to respond with a specific suggestion about the Wifi channel (implemented) and looked at possible radio interference from a wireless phone (not sure what to do about that as the phone base is connected to the cable modem near the wifi router). Everything is updated - firmware, apps - still having the issue. Really frustrating as the sound quality is great and I can see why people fall in love with the system. Any helpful suggestions gratefully received before I return the unit after NYE?
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having, because sonos are one of the best sound system on the planet...It sounds like your Wi-Fi connection the reason why it's dropping out too much interference somewhere...if you can pin point the problem I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your sonos speaker, I have two play1 and I love listening to my music through them...good luck I hope you find the problem...Glad to see Sonos responded quickly - that's also my experience (though not over the NY festive season). Seems you are a PAY listener, so access via PAY channels ought be good. I only use free channels and Sonos has ditched just about all in favour of the PAY system For that reason, my several Sonos's are sitting idle. Like Cliff, I suspect the problem is with your phone. If your WiFi connectivity is minimal, then that will cause the outcome you describe. Thatt is especially the case on a Sonos Play 1 ONLY (many use the bridge to combat this, though not normally a necessity). One way to 'decide' on the location of the 'fault' is to play (already) downloaded songs. As these are not streaming in, then you can likely rule out whether it is the streaming process. If the errors continue, check your internal WiFi settings. Hope this helps.

Play:1