Sonos Play:3

Sonos Play:3

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Trial Run

Trial RunPerth, WA

SONOS no more!

Mrs K.

Mrs K.

Excellent sound, easy to use.

We’ve had the Sonos Play 3 and Play 1 speakers for three years and been very happy with the choice. Nice full sound with the Play 3. Easy to set up and use, and the sound quality is very good. Compared to Bose (which we originally investigated buying), they are good value. We listen to much more music than we used to.
Cons: the Sonos app asks you to update it annoyingly often.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Mike Gill

Mike GillBrisbane

Big, clear sound

We purchased one of these for our office, to replace a smaller Bose speaker.
The set was very easy. Just download the app, go through some simple steps, and you're wired for sound.
The sound is fantastic. Much better than the Bose, although it's not exactly comparing like for like.
It can play all of yours (and your workmate's) music apps and iTunes.
I resisted these wireless speakers for a long time, believing that you need big speakers for big sound. But I'm a convert now.
We've been so impressed by the Play 3, that we've decided to buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
steelpaw

steelpawSydney

Sounds good but doesn't work reliably with Spotify

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Sonos Play 3 - overpriced and unreliable

The sound from this unit is amazing, (if you can get it to work that is). The setup is unnecessarily complicated, however it did work after some perseverance. I changed internet providers which required a new router, and that's when the Sonos failed to connect to my ipad. Having reset the controller (ipad) I went through the exact setup procedure over 10 times, and the Sonos Play 3 failed to connect properly. It constantly return error messages relating to connection with the ipad. I have finally returned the unit for refund. Consumer products should not be this complicated or unreliable. After this experience I can't recommend this product at all.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

GAK

GAK

We love our Sonos Play 3

We bought two Sonos Play 3 Units in November 2012 and a Bridge from Harvey Norman. The Play units cost AUD$465 each and the Bridge was AUD$70. A big spend for us but I had been considering buying separate speakers and wiring them throughout our house and connecting to our desktop computer. Sonos was the perfect solution. We use them mostly as separate units in separate rooms but have used them as a stereo pair on occasions. They have never missed a beat and we love the sound quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

gLenno10

gLenno10

Could not be happier

I was looking for a wireless solution for my stereo needs, but I was stunned buy the sound produced by these amazingly small but capable speakers. I love music and quality sound is very important. I have paired 2 x Play 3 speakers with a Sub, and haven't looked back. The controller App is a breeze to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

J.M

J.MCoburg, VIC

awesome

I have several sonos speakers (playbar, play:5 and this play:3). Have posted a couple of reviews for the other models so won't repeat myself here. I'm really happy with them all. I move the play:3 around depending on where I am or where I want music; Study, kids bedroom or outside near the spa or bbq areas. Its really flexible. The sound quality isn't as good as the 5 or Playbar, but for its size it puts out good sound quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Style_Meets_Emotion

Style_Meets_EmotionSydney, NSW

Audiophile here, have had the likes of B&W, Dynaudio, Martin Logan et cetera; Sonos, perfect

budley62

budley62AU

Absolute rubbish

Good luck getting it to play more than 3 songs, it keeps reporting errors, but you can read more than 2 words of the sentence it put up and it disappears. It will not let you know how to resolve the problem..I use a brand new Samsung galaxy 4 , new modem, DSL2 , and have every thing set up next to each other.. You are better off going to the music shop and buy a triangle and Tamborine it will be more entertaining. Total waste of $500

Whenonlythebestwilldo

WhenonlythebestwilldoMelbourne

OMG how awesome is this gadget!

mostly all I can saw is wow! The sound quality is amazing for such a small speaker. I now fully intend to buy extras to set up around my house. We love our music and this system allows us to have extra speakers set up around the house and to use them all separately or all together. finally I can listen to what I want and my son can listen to what he wants. A great product with great sound but also super easy to set up. We are very happy with our purchase and the guys at Harvey norman were very helpful and knowledgeable. very happy here :-).

punditVictoria, 3268

Great sound system radio or music distribution

sonos.boulder