Sonos Playbar

Sonos Playbar

Playbar punches out the best sound with effects in large a room

I have 2 Playbars in different parts of my house and i love how you can control the sound level from the App on your Phone or I-Pad. Just plug in and 4approx 2 minutes set up and away you go. I have also go the Sub woffer and Sonos Play 1, Play 3 and Play 5. Great in the theater room, Excellect sound effects, I.e. Top Gun when the fighter plan takes off the Aircaft carrier !!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Excellent Sound

Bought the Sonos Playbar for Xmas. Sound is amazing, can't believe how we were listening to TV speakers for years. We already had 2 Sonos Play 1 in the house and we bought their Playbar as well so that everything works together smoothly.
From design perspective I probably like Bose Playbar more, but the Sonos one is nice too.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

great quality sound without all the hassles of wires

Never have to listen to the tv speakers again..

this device is slim and space saving.. wife appeal is high as it replaces my existing floorstanding/central speakers..

produces great sound.. simple setup.. just plug n play (will need Ethernet connection to setup) but once setup can use wifi..

pair with play 1 and sonos sub to enhance the audio to a surround sound setup..

doesn't have the new craze of google assistant, alexa or the like.. so can't be controlled via voice yet :P

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Good Sound but works off wifi not bluetooth?????

I purchased the sub and sound bar two years ago when bluetooth was well alive. The only way that I can play music is through wifi, so if its a poor signal, the app doesn't work! Constantly doing software updates that don't make a difference. I was excited when it said that the new softwae update would allow me to use apple airplay but of course it didnt work for mine as it was too old. It told me to buy a new bar and then, only then, would i be able to play off apply airplay.

Other than that, amazing sound.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Frustrating. Never again

Regret buy a Sonos system. Considering going back to old style plug and play. Tired of having to do updates just when I want a quick flick for background music to clean up, do dishes etc. I have to log into the iTunes enter password etc, and wait for the updates. Plus the unreliability of our NBN connection means if no internet, no music. Which happens too often. Also, wanted to be able to stream whatever I am listening to on iPad, whether music or YouTube, whatever and the lack of this has always been disappointing.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Sound is magnificent

Sound has been unreal, what a difference to the crap I’ve used in the past. Definitely the best sound for the price and super easy to set up. Looking forward to adding more speakers this summer and listening to the quality that it produces. I’m going to get my mother one for x-mas

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Does not support Apple Airplay 2 - hardware limitation

Bought a Playbar less than a year ago - at the time I had a choice between the Playbar and the Playbase - chose the Playbar because of reduced real estate and at the time the two were represented to me (by the reseller, JB Hi-Fi) as 'technical equals' - unfortunately that doesn't turn out to be the case where support for Apple Airplay 2 is concerned - the Playbar does not support Airplay 2 (and seemingly never will, due to hardware limitations).

If you're looking at Sonos and need Airplay, avoid the Playbar (and no, even if you use the Playbar with Airplay-capable devices, like the Play One, in a 'surround sound' configuration, the collection of devices still won't support Airplay - that's exactly the setup I have - seems the Playbar acting as the 'controller' prevents the 'surround' Play Ones from providing the Airplay service and separating them and using grouping instead is impractical - I want to use the Play Ones as surround devices).

Date PurchasedDec 2017

So amazing it will blow your mind away!!!

Got the Playbar together with the subwoofer and two Play:3 surround speakers to set up a 5.1 home theatre system. Have tested it with 4K HDR Dolby digital movie content as well as Apple Music with full dynamic sounds set to output from the surround speakers instead of the ambient setting. Absolutely amazing! I’ve never heard such incredible fidelity of sound before.

The Playbar alone does a fantastic job of being the centre and front left-right speakers which makes you wonder why we ever bother with the old configuration of setting three separate equipments. The subwoofer, wow, what can I say! It’s an absolute bottomless pit! So deep and so strong my whole apartment walls shake when the bass notes and rumbling sounds go overdrive! As for the surround speakers, music playback at full dynamic setting finally lets me experience what I’ve always dreamed for - to be surrounded by the music 360 and be ‘in the music’. Sublime sound that simply floats in the air and takes you to places as far as you can imagine.

Look no further! The wireless technology and minimalist design make it so easy to set up. It operates through an app which uses your phone or tablet as a remote and much more. The app allows you to tune the speakers according to your room’s acoustics to produce the optimal sound.

While it may be quite expensive, it’s definitely way cheaper than the high-end of the traditional home theatre configuration but with no compromise on sound quality. Absolutely the best buy so far and no regrets!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Magnificent Sound from my widescreen TV plus WIFI connectivity.

I purchased a SONOS sound bar, on the recommendation of my son (who also has one) to improve the sound from my widescreen TV. While I have a Yamaha audio system also connected to the TV, the SONOS speaker operates whenever the TV is turned on, without the need to power up and connect the sound system, speakers and subwoofer etc, which is only just better than the playbar with surround sound action movies.

The SONOS playbar integrates perfectly with the TV remote, allowing sound volume to be controlled seamlessly with the TV. The added benefit is that the speaker links perfectly with my iPad and Windows computer through WIFI, allowing me to easily connect and play music and radio directly from the SONOS speaker, using the relevant downloaded SONOS app/program.

The SONOS playbar connects to a power point and to the TV by optical cable. All cables were supplied. The unit can be mounted on to the wall or below the TV by means of a mounting kit, or, in my case, just sits neatly on the cabinet below the TV.

Brilliant sound and really functional technology.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Sick of terms and conditions

Why do I need a sonos account to down load the app upgrade.
Every time I switch this machine on I have to down load an upgrade to make it work.
Very frustrating. I just want to listen to my music I shouldn't need an account to do this.
How can i bypass this tiresome process.
Cant even submit a question with out having to sign up to something

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best investment

Bought the Playbar, subwoofer, 2x play 1s. Easy set up (wireless - just need power source). Excellent sound, convenient play modes, awesome surround when watching movies. Very crisp and clear! Had initial problems as the WIFI in the house was not stable. Was frustrating as the music dropped frequently, and at times, I can't even stop it! Did some research and bought the Bridge. That saved the day. After also upgrading and stabilizing our internet source, it has been wonderful! Not cheap, but we enjoy having it! No regrets! Love it!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent sound and quality

I purchased the Sonos Playbar, subwoofer two additional speakers.

Initially I was worried about set up and contemplated sourcing someone to complete the install for me. Before phoning them I thought I would have a look and see what I needed to do.

The first step was to download the Sonos App and from there is was a breeze!! The application took me through the set up one step at a time with clear instructions. Before I knew it I had the whole entertainment system was installed and up and running.

And wow... I am impressed to say the least. The sound level and quality is absolutely amazing. The system is controlled by the TV remote or by my phone / iPad.

Yes, it is a little more expensive than your other off the shelve soundbars but in my opinion it is worth it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing sound quality, app could use some improvements

So far Im really happy with my sonos system comprising of a playbar, sub and two small speakers.
Sound quality is just amazing even at high volume the sound is crystal clear.
The speakers themselves are sleek and

The app could definitely use some updates. I find it freezes and is a little slow.

other than that amazing speakers and i recommend them to all my friends.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Best Xmas present ever

Got our sonos playbar at Xmas 2017 and have loved it. Great sound, and can easily use it with phone and tv. Very good sound, crystal clear, even bought another one for my sister we loved it that much. Best xmas present ever, would recommend this to anyone to buy its just really good, and great value too.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love my Sonos system

Bought a Sonos Playbar, subwoofer and small Sonos speaker for the bedroom. It produces beautiful sound from our TV, Spotify and radio. The speaker in the bedroom has a pleasant fade-in alaarm to wake up to a radio station or music at a different time each day. Tuning of the Sonos system eliminates echo in the house as your walk in and out of range of individual speakers. Up to 30? speakers can be added to the system and can play independently from various sources at the same time. All can be controlled by a mobile device app on multiple devices. System is state-of-the-art and I love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Joy oh Joy

Sonos soundbar is beautiful to look at,provides great sound and spoken word clarity (great for senior citizens like me who think many American actors speak too fast). Its smart phone connectivity and remote options are useful.
The instructions are easy to follow but a smart phone is needed to complete the setup.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

3:19pm bass complaint

So the tenant who lives to the right of me in my block of flats came over to make a bass complaint, the 90's megamix volume was set to slightly higher than my usual normal television viewing sound, wow, that's some bass.
I have a playbar, a sub and two play:3s connected in a small lounge room. The playbar is next to the bass complaint tenant's adjoining wall while the sub is against the opposite wall. I mostly use the Sonos surround for movie/television program audio and I programmed a remote to control its volume. I switched over from the dark ages previously owning a poor man's Logitech surround setup with speaker wires being taped down to the carpet in places. I 100% recommend splurging on Sonos and it was very easy to setup. No more messy wires for me ever again.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great product but could be better

Bought a Sonos playbar and liked the first one so much we went back for another one.
Things we liked:
1. Very easy to use and setup
2. Excellent sound. We have small rooms and haven't ever needed to turn the volume up to halfway
3. Night sounds and speech enhancement is a great function as it allows you to watch a movie and not disturb someone in the next room. It decreases loud noises and increases voice volume
Things to improve:
1. Having only one optical output is very limiting and may mean you have to change between streaming mediums. Why not a hdmi connection ?
2. App is good but integration with YouTube and Spotify could be setup.

Other than that, very happy with our purchases.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sonos Playbar plus Sonos Play 3 's and Sonos Sub Woofer Wireless Sound System

Fantastic product ..built like a tank.. sound quality and wireless technology is beyond par.
I was a critical audiophile who was skeptical about wireless systems and sound quality...but I have been converted through robust build and functionality..although I still enjoy old style 2 channel hi fi stereo on rhe Rotel/ Polk system.
Ease of use from digital collections and convenience for multiple listening zones is the big hame changer for me....all from your mobile app for any room in the house.
A winner all round..sonically aesthetically.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Forget the rest, Sonos is the absolute best.

So here's the deal, you want premium sound quality for your gaming or movies, but you want the flexibility to play music from your portable devices or phone.
Well let me tell you that Sonos is the system for you!
The play bar offers a quality of sound that the other big brands cannot match. Their speakers have the flexibility to go anywhere where you can plug in power and the sub has bass so low, you'll never have to worry about constipation ever again!

Is it more expensive than the competition? Yes but for the dollars to features, support and sheer quality simply cannot be matched.

Don't even worry about it, just head on out and buy it.

Your wife won't even mind, I promise.

Date PurchasedSep 2016