Sonos Playbar

Sonos Playbar (page 2 of 3)

Forget the rest, Sonos is the absolute best.

So here's the deal, you want premium sound quality for your gaming or movies, but you want the flexibility to play music from your portable devices or phone.
Well let me tell you that Sonos is the system for you!
The play bar offers a quality of sound that the other big brands cannot match. Their speakers have the flexibility to go anywhere where you can plug in power and the sub has bass so low, you'll never have to worry about constipation ever again!

Is it more expensive than the competition? Yes but for the dollars to features, support and sheer quality simply cannot be matched.

Don't even worry about it, just head on out and buy it.

Your wife won't even mind, I promise.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great Sound System

We purchased the playbar, sub and 2 play 1’s. It was very easy to set up and it sounds great. True 5.1 surround sound that has you looking behind you for where that sound came from. It has simplified our system with removal of the old amp, wired speakers and remote. Playing music through it is also great and easy to do. Highly recommend Sonos.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Flexible and delivers great sound

We invested in a Playbar a few months back and have enjoyed being able to move it between the lounge room and our patio area where we secured the mount to a wall. I looked at setting up an amp with speakers for indoors and a set of outdoor speakers but the cost was well over the price of the Playbar and I'd be spending a few hours in the roof running cables etc. The Playbar delivers a crisp treble and reasonably deep bass but suggest that the thump lovers invest in the sub for the ultimate experience. Would recommend to anyone and have since complemented the Playbar with a pair of Play 3's for an enhanced listening experience or so other members of the family can listen to their fave songs in different rooms without fighting over access.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Was a bit apprehensive in store. Ended up Buying SONOS Playbar & SUB. When set Up at home....Very HA

In Store the Playbar & Sub did not have much KICK. I love Clear Sound with Deep Bass. Read a lot of reviews on SONOS and other Soundbars. Was looking at Samsung's ATMOS 7.1. Ended up choosing SONOS as the Playbar & White Sub look good and appear very well made. Very easy set up at home. Played first song and I was BLOWN away by the sound of the Playbar & Sub........ Think speakers have changed just a bit from when I last did a home theatre room back in.....good old 1995. Looking forward to expanding with a set of Play5 to my lounge room now.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Second to none

I have the Soundbar and the Subwoofer which replaced my 7.1 Yamaha system. So simple and easy to set up, takes up no room and the sound quality is unbelievable and all this over my home network. A bit on the pricey side but worth every cent. Just purchased two Sonos Play 1 to turn it into 5.1.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Perfect Speaker/Playbar

I had previously purchased the Sonos 5 and Sonos 1 speakers - so over the moon with the Sonos systems - then I looked into the Playbar - perhaps should have started with this however this is great for both TV and music. Watching movies with the Sonos Playbar, great theatre experience. Lot cheaper than home theatre systems. I strongly recommend the Sonos systems throughout your home, we can all have own music in bedrooms and the theatre. So easy to connect and the sound is fantastic.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible tech

Bought a Sonos Soundbar. Very disappointed with horrible tech. Wireless couldn’t be connected initially but after tweaking the router remotely by the Sonos tech team, the connection worked but kept dropping off for no reason.
Advised to get another router just to get this problematic device working. Told it was because of my router but all other devices in the household were connected without any issue whatsoever. Said it wouldn’t be expensive to get another router, except that they sent me a link to a router that costs 170aud. So that makes the soundbar roughly 1170aud in total.
Also told that as I live in an apartment there are multiple connections around my unit which could have interfered with the connection…in this very day and age.
Sound quality is great. But what’s the point if you can’t control your device wirelessly to play your favourite songs/videos?
I suggest adding these warnings to the Sonos advert so that consumers are aware:
- Wireless connection may drop or may not work if you own an updated router device. May not work with certain routers in the market. You just have to try and gamble. Frustrations may be expected.
- Recommended only in areas where there are minimal wireless interference, which would mean the jungle, hill, or mountain top. Not suitable for city areas, especially if you live in apartments/condos, due to wireless interference and outdated tech in Sonos products.
- Be prepared to pay an additional 100-200aud extra just to make sure the connection works. Otherwise, settle for good sound quality without any wireless connection. Forget about the app, just a decoration full of errors.
Returned the product. Exchanged for Bose that connected within 20 minutes.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Brilliant - far better than the Bose

UPDATE: After using for about 3 weeks I am only more impressed with the Sonos Playbar and Sub combination.

After initially opting for the Bose Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 Bass module (purely based on the brand) over the Sonos Playbar and Sub I was bitterly disappointed. Went back to the retailer and swapped for the Sonos Playbar and Sub on the same day. Should have chosen the Sonos in the first place!

The Sonos leaves the Bose for dead on terms of total soundstage, simplicity and functionality. The sound is bright and loud but not painful or "whispy" as my wife described the Bose. The sub is incredibly impressive and provides full range of frequencies for movies, but sounds even more incredible with music. I listen to a range of genres including hip hop, electronic, jazz, vocal and rock. It performs better than more expensive home theatre systems I've heard.

If you're contemplating betweeen the Bose and the Sonos (with or without the sub) do yourself a favour and go for the Sonos.

Ps. The app interface and multi room functionality is fantastic with my single Play:3 which we now put in another room.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Move over Bose

I was headed for Bose playbar et al and my partner suggested looking at Sonos. I am Soooo glad she did. I have the play bar, woofer and speaker model 1. And I love them. TV, music just brilliant. Versatile, robust and look the part. Coupled with the Sonos software i can do anything.Just brilliant. I have spent a lot of money on sound systems over the years. This is simply puuurfect

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great sound no aux in

The Sonos sound bar is great in terms of the quality of sound. Also, the improved integration with Spotify is great. I love that we can play music all through the house and connect more wireless speakers. The only thing I don't like is there's no aux in. Sometimes it's just faster to hook up a cable to play music off my phone.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Too easy!

The ease of the installation is pure bliss. The sounds is impressive. I also purchased the sub and even without it the house get filled with impressive sound. It works seamlessly with other Sonos products. The system can be expanded to a true wireless 5.1 system by adding two Play3 speakers. The Playbar does amazing job with virtual surround effects, making it sound like you have more speakers than you actually do. I wish all the speakers and the Playbar had also Bluetooth connection to cimply connect another Bluetooth enabled devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Very reliable

I have had my sound bar for about 4 years and have it connected to my T V and sound system it impresses a lot of people so much so that 3 of my friends have bought one. Their are a lot of cheaper sound bars out There but I highly recommend the Sonos . The after sales service from this company is also very good

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Great Gadget to have

I have purchase SONOS sound bar system it is a great item to own. I have tried and listen to other brands but I did not find the sound of other brand as loud as SONOS. I would never exchange it with any other brands. I have recommended it to my family and friends which one of my family member bought the same item that I have.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Completes a 'whole house load' of sound

There are only two types of people in the world - those who love SONOS, those who don't know what it does. I'm in the first group - and the SONOS Playbar completes our set up perfectly. For those in the second group, SONO is a high end wireless sound system that you can control from your smart phone, laptop or PC. There's a range of speakers - from small to large and the Playbar and Sub. We have a number of speakers scattered in various rooms and in our outdoor entertainment. area. The Playbar and sub run off the TV when we have it on - and play music/streamed radio at other times. The real beauty of SONOS is that you can have the whole house pumping out the same music - beautifully synced - or play different TV/music in each room. If you want, you can even send the TV audio to each room on your house. And the quality is really, really good. The Playbar and Sub do a great job - event with regular TV. And if you're really keen, you can bring some SONOS speakers from other rooms and set them up as rear surround speakers for those high action movies where you need to feel the sound as well as hear it. Over all, I think SONOS is amazing. We first bought a couple of their small speakers (Play 1 x 2) because we moved to a two story home and wiring it for sound was going to be really difficult. Since then our system has grown and we are super happy with every cent we've spent on our SONOS set up. It produces great sound and being wireless, running off it's own network or your existing home wireless set up, it super flexible.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Fantastically versatile but problematic to repair

What is lacks in true audio quality is compensated for by ease of use and general functionality. Have found it useful to have the soundbar connected to my tv and stream the tv sound to a pair of Play 5's in the open plan kitchen some 18 meters from the tv - I don't have to blast the soundbar to hear the tv in the kitchen. Generally agree with other reviews and I've been happy with my Sonos units to date, of which I have 13 in total. After 29 months however, my Sonos playbar died on me without warning. Simply does not turn on and is lost to my system. It could be an internal fuse or it could be a faulty component. Here's the problem - you cannot get it repaired. I asked JB HiFi and Harvey Norman where I could have the playbar repaired in Perth and both were unable to assist. I eventually contacted Sonos in Melbourne who advised that there are no repair agents anywhere in Australia for their products. They offered to exchange my faulty playbar a replacement "remanufactured" - not new - unit for $350 including freight. They've offered to collect my unit for inspection via a courier company, inspect it in Melbourne. and if acceptable, ship a suitable replacement back to me with a 90 day warranty. I'd like to know what's wrong with the unit. Is it a 50c fuse which needs replacing and which can be done in minutes or is it something more onerous? I'll be without the playbar for 10 odd days according to Sonos, unless they consider the unit has been tampered with or abused in some manner, in which case I have no idea how we will proceed. This also implies that they don't want me to have the unit looked at by a local electronics store as this will negate their offer. I am concerned with the uncertainty and the (assumed) one price fits all repair option. I installed my player on a wall under the tv originally and it has not moved since then. An apple tv unit and a Samsung TV share the powerpoint and have no damage, so a power surge is unlikely. Is a $350 repair justified and should my options be limited in this manner? Purely on this, I'm re-considering Sonos with my future music plans.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Expensive but well worth it

I purchased the soundbar speakers and I'm so glad I did. Amazing sounds. A bit on the pricey side but well worth it. We connected it to our tv. You can Bluetooth your music through and the sound is crystal clear. I wouldn't buy any other having tried this one now. Well worth money spent.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great part of home sound system

Love the ease of setup of the Sonos system and the soundbar is a major component. The soundbar fits in nicely with the full system and makes the overall sound system sound great from any part of the room. Certainly makes for a home cinema sound at a reasonable cost with minimal set up required

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Sonos Playbar = Wow Factor

Do yourself a favour - Go & listen to one - Such a rich deep & open sound from the Playbar + it's easy to add other additional speakers easily - then again, the one does the job extremely well by itself!
I was a bit hesitant to purchase one at the start, as I thought when I got home it wouldn't perform as well as in the shop - shop being small compared to home (open living)
In 3 words - just get one

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great sound

Fantastic unit sleek and stylish. Very easy to set up and use with Bluetooth and operated via iPhone. Sound is excellent. Yes these units are dearer than others but when you use the unit you can hear the difference. Easy to add to system with additional speakers and can easy play different things in different part of the house.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Great sound

Great sound on it's own, but put it with the Sub and it truly fantastic. Deep, clear and crisp sound. This is quality and very easy to set up. Australian based customer support if you have any issues. I love it so much, I bought more SONOS speakers to fill my house

Date PurchasedMar 2016