Sonos Playbar

Sonos Playbar (page 2 of 3)

MPN: S-PBARSB

• Voice / Dialogue
  • Bass
  • Music
Amanda Ng

Amanda Ng

Best investment

Bought the Playbar, subwoofer, 2x play 1s. Easy set up (wireless - just need power source). Excellent sound, convenient play modes, awesome surround when watching movies. Very crisp and clear! Had initial problems as the WIFI in the house was not stable. Was frustrating as the music dropped frequently, and at times, I can't even stop it! Did some research and bought the Bridge. That saved the day. After also upgrading and stabilizing our internet source, it has been wonderful! Not cheap, but we enjoy having it! No regrets! Love it!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent sound and quality

Date PurchasedJul 2018
yoitsmoe

yoitsmoeBankstown

Amazing sound quality, app could use some improvements

So far Im really happy with my sonos system comprising of a playbar, sub and two small speakers.
Sound quality is just amazing even at high volume the sound is crystal clear.
The speakers themselves are sleek and

The app could definitely use some updates. I find it freezes and is a little slow.

other than that amazing speakers and i recommend them to all my friends.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

ViSammyR.

ViSammyR.Adelaide

Best Xmas present ever

Got our sonos playbar at Xmas 2017 and have loved it. Great sound, and can easily use it with phone and tv. Very good sound, crystal clear, even bought another one for my sister we loved it that much. Best xmas present ever, would recommend this to anyone to buy its just really good, and great value too.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
MrKeb

MrKeb

Love my Sonos system

Bought a Sonos Playbar, subwoofer and small Sonos speaker for the bedroom. It produces beautiful sound from our TV, Spotify and radio. The speaker in the bedroom has a pleasant fade-in alaarm to wake up to a radio station or music at a different time each day. Tuning of the Sonos system eliminates echo in the house as your walk in and out of range of individual speakers. Up to 30? speakers can be added to the system and can play independently from various sources at the same time. All can be controlled by a mobile device app on multiple devices. System is state-of-the-art and I love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
tony z

tony zMelbourne

Joy oh Joy

Sonos soundbar is beautiful to look at,provides great sound and spoken word clarity (great for senior citizens like me who think many American actors speak too fast). Its smart phone connectivity and remote options are useful.
The instructions are easy to follow but a smart phone is needed to complete the setup.
Highly recommended.

Sylvia

SylviaHobart, TAS

3:19pm bass complaint

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Loniuboy

LoniuboyBooragoon

Great product but could be better

Bought a Sonos playbar and liked the first one so much we went back for another one.
Things we liked:
1. Very easy to use and setup
2. Excellent sound. We have small rooms and haven't ever needed to turn the volume up to halfway
3. Night sounds and speech enhancement is a great function as it allows you to watch a movie and not disturb someone in the next room. It decreases loud noises and increases voice volume
Things to improve:
1. Having only one optical output is very limiting and may mean you have to change between streaming mediums. Why not a hdmi connection ?
2. App is good but integration with YouTube and Spotify could be setup.

Other than that, very happy with our purchases.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
DKC

DKCFrankston

Sonos Playbar plus Sonos Play 3 's and Sonos Sub Woofer Wireless Sound System

Fantastic product ..built like a tank.. sound quality and wireless technology is beyond par.
I was a critical audiophile who was skeptical about wireless systems and sound quality...but I have been converted through robust build and functionality..although I still enjoy old style 2 channel hi fi stereo on rhe Rotel/ Polk system.
Ease of use from digital collections and convenience for multiple listening zones is the big hame changer for me....all from your mobile app for any room in the house.
A winner all round..sonically aesthetically.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Big Red

Big RedMelbourne

Forget the rest, Sonos is the absolute best.

So here's the deal, you want premium sound quality for your gaming or movies, but you want the flexibility to play music from your portable devices or phone.
Well let me tell you that Sonos is the system for you!
The play bar offers a quality of sound that the other big brands cannot match. Their speakers have the flexibility to go anywhere where you can plug in power and the sub has bass so low, you'll never have to worry about constipation ever again!

Is it more expensive than the competition? Yes but for the dollars to features, support and sheer quality simply cannot be matched.

Don't even worry about it, just head on out and buy it.

Your wife won't even mind, I promise.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Zigsta

ZigstaSydney, NSW

Great Sound System

We purchased the playbar, sub and 2 play 1’s. It was very easy to set up and it sounds great. True 5.1 surround sound that has you looking behind you for where that sound came from. It has simplified our system with removal of the old amp, wired speakers and remote. Playing music through it is also great and easy to do. Highly recommend Sonos.

No One Knows

No One KnowsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flexible and delivers great sound

We invested in a Playbar a few months back and have enjoyed being able to move it between the lounge room and our patio area where we secured the mount to a wall. I looked at setting up an amp with speakers for indoors and a set of outdoor speakers but the cost was well over the price of the Playbar and I'd be spending a few hours in the roof running cables etc. The Playbar delivers a crisp treble and reasonably deep bass but suggest that the thump lovers invest in the sub for the ultimate experience. Would recommend to anyone and have since complemented the Playbar with a pair of Play 3's for an enhanced listening experience or so other members of the family can listen to their fave songs in different rooms without fighting over access.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bluesky

BlueskySydney, NSW

Was a bit apprehensive in store. Ended up Buying SONOS Playbar & SUB. When set Up at home....Very HA

In Store the Playbar & Sub did not have much KICK. I love Clear Sound with Deep Bass. Read a lot of reviews on SONOS and other Soundbars. Was looking at Samsung's ATMOS 7.1. Ended up choosing SONOS as the Playbar & White Sub look good and appear very well made. Very easy set up at home. Played first song and I was BLOWN away by the sound of the Playbar & Sub........ Think speakers have changed just a bit from when I last did a home theatre room back in.....good old 1995. Looking forward to expanding with a set of Play5 to my lounge room now.

Second to none

I have the Soundbar and the Subwoofer which replaced my 7.1 Yamaha system. So simple and easy to set up, takes up no room and the sound quality is unbelievable and all this over my home network. A bit on the pricey side but worth every cent. Just purchased two Sonos Play 1 to turn it into 5.1.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
KAHLUA

KAHLUAPerth, WA

Perfect Speaker/Playbar

I had previously purchased the Sonos 5 and Sonos 1 speakers - so over the moon with the Sonos systems - then I looked into the Playbar - perhaps should have started with this however this is great for both TV and music. Watching movies with the Sonos Playbar, great theatre experience. Lot cheaper than home theatre systems. I strongly recommend the Sonos systems throughout your home, we can all have own music in bedrooms and the theatre. So easy to connect and the sound is fantastic.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Brilliant - far better than the Bose

Date PurchasedAug 2017

gaspCollinsvale Tasmania

Move over Bose

I was headed for Bose playbar et al and my partner suggested looking at Sonos. I am Soooo glad she did. I have the play bar, woofer and speaker model 1. And I love them. TV, music just brilliant. Versatile, robust and look the part. Coupled with the Sonos software i can do anything.Just brilliant. I have spent a lot of money on sound systems over the years. This is simply puuurfect

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jo

JoSydney

Great sound no aux in

The Sonos sound bar is great in terms of the quality of sound. Also, the improved integration with Spotify is great. I love that we can play music all through the house and connect more wireless speakers. The only thing I don't like is there's no aux in. Sometimes it's just faster to hook up a cable to play music off my phone.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
tomguycz

tomguyczSydney, NSW

Too easy!

The ease of the installation is pure bliss. The sounds is impressive. I also purchased the sub and even without it the house get filled with impressive sound. It works seamlessly with other Sonos products. The system can be expanded to a true wireless 5.1 system by adding two Play3 speakers. The Playbar does amazing job with virtual surround effects, making it sound like you have more speakers than you actually do. I wish all the speakers and the Playbar had also Bluetooth connection to cimply connect another Bluetooth enabled devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Trent Dasked

Currently I have 5.1 running in the lounge. It’s big and bulky. I have no doubt the quality for theatre will be good. Music wise, I use a Bose sound dock in the loungeroom, which I would like to get rid of. How’s the sound quality on this? I won’t be heading out to buy the sub super quickly due to initial costs. Many thanks!

Murray G
Murray G

The sound from the sonos system is awesome we have the sound bar in front of the TV a sub woofer and two surrounds. The sound bar connects to the TV with a optic cable and the whole sydney runs on WiFi and you can add lots of apps like Spotify, iTunes and your favourite radio stations from any where in the world. I do however get very frustrated with the system when the Internet goes out as you can't do anything with it then other than user it with the TV

Great. Thanks for the info

Dianeasked

Can I use my iPod with the Sonos playbar?

Lee W

Yes if both are connected to the same wifi network. Sonos doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s plays over WiFi.

Thank you.

kck

kckasked

I have the sound bar downstairs with a mini speaker at opposite end of room, sound is great very full. The speaker upstairs in bedroom sounds like 1/2 of a stereo system...getting predominatley background music and faint lyrics. Will adding another mini speaker in the bedroom give me fuller sound? At times I cannot even hear he lyrics....

gasp

I suspect there is interference between the mini speaker and the music source. Wiring or insulation material perhaps? Have you tried moving the equipment around? SONOS are very supportive so you could call them for advice.

Rizzle
Rizzle

You are comparing a commodore Hsv SSV supercharged to a base model 6 cylinder in this case.

The playbar has more speakers,lower Hz and better response rate plus you have another speaker for the rear.
So of course you will think the speaker sound in the bedroom is less than it should,because it is!
You are best to tune the smaller speaker to your room.

Or a stereo pair of play1 will most probably suit your needs in the bedroom.

Get an answer from our members and Sonos representatives