Sonos Playbar

• Music
Todd H.

Todd H.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless

The product does not work. Sonos has no customer care in Australia. You must call USA. We are returning ours after 2 days of frustration. The app does not work, period. Avoid this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass

Sick of terms and conditions

Why do I need a sonos account to down load the app upgrade.
Every time I switch this machine on I have to down load an upgrade to make it work.
Very frustrating. I just want to listen to my music I shouldn't need an account to do this.
How can i bypass this tiresome process.
Cant even submit a question with out having to sign up to something

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Trent Dasked

Currently I have 5.1 running in the lounge. It’s big and bulky. I have no doubt the quality for theatre will be good. Music wise, I use a Bose sound dock in the loungeroom, which I would like to get rid of. How’s the sound quality on this? I won’t be heading out to buy the sub super quickly due to initial costs. Many thanks!

Murray G
Murray G

The sound from the sonos system is awesome we have the sound bar in front of the TV a sub woofer and two surrounds. The sound bar connects to the TV with a optic cable and the whole sydney runs on WiFi and you can add lots of apps like Spotify, iTunes and your favourite radio stations from any where in the world. I do however get very frustrated with the system when the Internet goes out as you can't do anything with it then other than user it with the TV

Great. Thanks for the info

Dianeasked

Can I use my iPod with the Sonos playbar?

Lee W
Lee W

Yes if both are connected to the same wifi network. Sonos doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s plays over WiFi.

Thank you.

kck

kckasked

I have the sound bar downstairs with a mini speaker at opposite end of room, sound is great very full. The speaker upstairs in bedroom sounds like 1/2 of a stereo system...getting predominatley background music and faint lyrics. Will adding another mini speaker in the bedroom give me fuller sound? At times I cannot even hear he lyrics....

gasp
gasp

I suspect there is interference between the mini speaker and the music source. Wiring or insulation material perhaps? Have you tried moving the equipment around? SONOS are very supportive so you could call them for advice.

Rizzle
Rizzle

You are comparing a commodore Hsv SSV supercharged to a base model 6 cylinder in this case.

The playbar has more speakers,lower Hz and better response rate plus you have another speaker for the rear.
So of course you will think the speaker sound in the bedroom is less than it should,because it is!
You are best to tune the smaller speaker to your room.

Or a stereo pair of play1 will most probably suit your needs in the bedroom.

CategorySoundbars