Sonos Playbar

• Voice / Dialogue
  • Bass
  • Music

Murray GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the sound, but not the way it has to be used.

I have a sound bar, sub woofer and two SONOS one's that I use as surround. It also wakes me up in the morning with either a radio station, music from my phone or a music App. However I find the system so frustrating when for some reason it looses connection to the modem if when everything else is connected. I just wish that I could just play music straight from my phone or iPod, when my internet is not working. Why,why why does everything need to have internet to work. If I knew this was going to be such an issue when I bought it I would have bought a BOSE instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass

Frustrating. Never again

Regret buy a Sonos system. Considering going back to old style plug and play. Tired of having to do updates just when I want a quick flick for background music to clean up, do dishes etc. I have to log into the iTunes enter password etc, and wait for the updates. Plus the unreliability of our NBN connection means if no internet, no music. Which happens too often. Also, wanted to be able to stream whatever I am listening to on iPad, whether music or YouTube, whatever and the lack of this has always been disappointing.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Find out how Sonos Playbar compares to other Soundbars

Jo

JoSydney, NSW

Great sound no aux in

The Sonos sound bar is great in terms of the quality of sound. Also, the improved integration with Spotify is great. I love that we can play music all through the house and connect more wireless speakers. The only thing I don't like is there's no aux in. Sometimes it's just faster to hook up a cable to play music off my phone.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Tony

TonyHervey Bay

Sonos Play Bar underwhelming

The Sonos Sound Bar provided an improvement on the speakers in my new Hisense TV but did not really meet expectations in excellent sound quality - especially for the price of $950. Perhaps it would be better had I bought the sub to go with it for another $950 making it a very expensive purchase. With hindsight, it may be better to spend $950 on a sound bar that comes with a sub. On the plus side, the volume on both the sub and the TV can be adjusted together with the TV remote.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Trent Dasked

Currently I have 5.1 running in the lounge. It’s big and bulky. I have no doubt the quality for theatre will be good. Music wise, I use a Bose sound dock in the loungeroom, which I would like to get rid of. How’s the sound quality on this? I won’t be heading out to buy the sub super quickly due to initial costs. Many thanks!

Murray G

The sound from the sonos system is awesome we have the sound bar in front of the TV a sub woofer and two surrounds. The sound bar connects to the TV with a optic cable and the whole sydney runs on WiFi and you can add lots of apps like Spotify, iTunes and your favourite radio stations from any where in the world. I do however get very frustrated with the system when the Internet goes out as you can't do anything with it then other than user it with the TV

Great. Thanks for the info

Dianeasked

Can I use my iPod with the Sonos playbar?

Lee W
Lee W

Yes if both are connected to the same wifi network. Sonos doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s plays over WiFi.

Thank you.

kck

kckasked

I have the sound bar downstairs with a mini speaker at opposite end of room, sound is great very full. The speaker upstairs in bedroom sounds like 1/2 of a stereo system...getting predominatley background music and faint lyrics. Will adding another mini speaker in the bedroom give me fuller sound? At times I cannot even hear he lyrics....

gasp
gasp

I suspect there is interference between the mini speaker and the music source. Wiring or insulation material perhaps? Have you tried moving the equipment around? SONOS are very supportive so you could call them for advice.

Rizzle
Rizzle

You are comparing a commodore Hsv SSV supercharged to a base model 6 cylinder in this case.

The playbar has more speakers,lower Hz and better response rate plus you have another speaker for the rear.
So of course you will think the speaker sound in the bedroom is less than it should,because it is!
You are best to tune the smaller speaker to your room.

Or a stereo pair of play1 will most probably suit your needs in the bedroom.

CategorySoundbars