MPNs: PBAR1AU1BLK and S-PBARSB

• Music
Benjamin

BenjaminPerth, WA

Go no further.

The quality of this product is unquestionable. Build quality and sound quality are amazing. The ecosystem this product can fit in with is another huge positive. Easy to connect with most TVs and makes even a cheap TV sound great.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $950.00.

shaunak p.

shaunak p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely Amazing

The sound quality is clean and crisp and second to none. The set up is very easy and works over WiFi. I highly recommend the sound bar. The only drawback is no support for Bluetooth however truly blown away by the sound quality when paired with the subwoofer.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $845.00.

JJJ

JJJ

Love it

I have a few different Sonos speakers and have never had any issue. Easy to install and the sound is great. The app works well. Love Sonos products. Highly recommend

David l

David lSydney, NSW

So easy to install

I am not tech savvy and paranoid about setting this myself. All I did was connect the cables - though finding the digital audio line or output from my TV was the hardest part of the exercise- the app did all the rest. Great sound quality.

Purchased in October 2019.

James

James

Good integration with other Sonos products

Bought this to complement my other Sonos speakers. It has a good design that easily fits to any home decor. Sound quality is full and it can get very loud (sorry neighbors)! The price is quite high but you mostly get a high quality premium product.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $999.00.

Murray GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the sound, but not the way it has to be used.

I have a sound bar, sub woofer and two SONOS one's that I use as surround. It also wakes me up in the morning with either a radio station, music from my phone or a music App. However I find the system so frustrating when for some reason it looses connection to the modem if when everything else is connected. I just wish that I could just play music straight from my phone or iPod, when my internet is not working. Why,why why does everything need to have internet to work. If I knew this was going to be such an issue when I bought it I would have bought a BOSE instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Kyran T.

Kyran T.South East Queensland, QLD

Best love it

I bought it from jb Hi fi month ago with 2 sonos 1. I love the sound quality it is awesome easy to pair with another device. I am really happy with it really nice.

Amhill

AmhillFar North Queensland, QLD

Amazing sound bar!

I was initially hesitant to buy this sound bar for a really large rumpus room as I’ve read that it’s on the small side however couldn’t be happier with my purchase. The sound is amazing, I use it for gaming, movies and listening to music love it!

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

G Man

G ManSydney, NSW

Sonos Playbar

Amazing Quality. Build quality is 1st class. Sound quality is perfect. Not bulky but a good solid size. Wi-Fi connection works a charm. Never ages always looks modern and classic. Mine is wall mounted and no issues at all.

Purchased in September 2017 at Excel Hifi Physical store for $999.00.

Sam M

Sam MMelbourne

Fantastic

Great sound, easy to use, connection software is old and a little outdated, but other than that fantastic, looks great and suits any style, fantastic with the surround sound set up

Purchased in July 2018 at eBay for $700.00.

Trure Racing

Trure RacingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Playbar punches out the best sound with effects in large a room

I have 2 Playbars in different parts of my house and i love how you can control the sound level from the App on your Phone or I-Pad. Just plug in and 4approx 2 minutes set up and away you go. I have also go the Sub woffer and Sonos Play 1, Play 3 and Play 5. Great in the theater room, Excellect sound effects, I.e. Top Gun when the fighter plan takes off the Aircaft carrier !!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Margarita

MargaritaMelbourne

Excellent Sound

Bought the Sonos Playbar for Xmas. Sound is amazing, can't believe how we were listening to TV speakers for years. We already had 2 Sonos Play 1 in the house and we bought their Playbar as well so that everything works together smoothly.
From design perspective I probably like Bose Playbar more, but the Sonos one is nice too.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Frustrating. Never again

Regret buy a Sonos system. Considering going back to old style plug and play. Tired of having to do updates just when I want a quick flick for background music to clean up, do dishes etc. I have to log into the iTunes enter password etc, and wait for the updates. Plus the unreliability of our NBN connection means if no internet, no music. Which happens too often. Also, wanted to be able to stream whatever I am listening to on iPad, whether music or YouTube, whatever and the lack of this has always been disappointing.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Eustace W

Eustace WSYDNEY

Sound is magnificent

Sound has been unreal, what a difference to the crap I’ve used in the past. Definitely the best sound for the price and super easy to set up. Looking forward to adding more speakers this summer and listening to the quality that it produces. I’m going to get my mother one for x-mas

Date PurchasedJan 2018
MarkJ

MarkJMelbourne, Victoria

Does not support Apple Airplay 2 - hardware limitation

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Martin

MartinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So amazing it will blow your mind away!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Ian

IanWollongong

Magnificent Sound from my widescreen TV plus WIFI connectivity.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Amanda Ng

Amanda Ng

Best investment

Bought the Playbar, subwoofer, 2x play 1s. Easy set up (wireless - just need power source). Excellent sound, convenient play modes, awesome surround when watching movies. Very crisp and clear! Had initial problems as the WIFI in the house was not stable. Was frustrating as the music dropped frequently, and at times, I can't even stop it! Did some research and bought the Bridge. That saved the day. After also upgrading and stabilizing our internet source, it has been wonderful! Not cheap, but we enjoy having it! No regrets! Love it!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent sound and quality

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
ViSammyR.

ViSammyR.Adelaide

Best Xmas present ever

Got our sonos playbar at Xmas 2017 and have loved it. Great sound, and can easily use it with phone and tv. Very good sound, crystal clear, even bought another one for my sister we loved it that much. Best xmas present ever, would recommend this to anyone to buy its just really good, and great value too.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Trent Dasked

Currently I have 5.1 running in the lounge. It’s big and bulky. I have no doubt the quality for theatre will be good. Music wise, I use a Bose sound dock in the loungeroom, which I would like to get rid of. How’s the sound quality on this? I won’t be heading out to buy the sub super quickly due to initial costs. Many thanks!

Murray G

The sound from the sonos system is awesome we have the sound bar in front of the TV a sub woofer and two surrounds. The sound bar connects to the TV with a optic cable and the whole sydney runs on WiFi and you can add lots of apps like Spotify, iTunes and your favourite radio stations from any where in the world. I do however get very frustrated with the system when the Internet goes out as you can't do anything with it then other than user it with the TV

Great. Thanks for the info

Dianeasked

Can I use my iPod with the Sonos playbar?

Lee W
Lee W

Yes if both are connected to the same wifi network. Sonos doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s plays over WiFi.

Thank you.

kck

kckasked

I have the sound bar downstairs with a mini speaker at opposite end of room, sound is great very full. The speaker upstairs in bedroom sounds like 1/2 of a stereo system...getting predominatley background music and faint lyrics. Will adding another mini speaker in the bedroom give me fuller sound? At times I cannot even hear he lyrics....

gasp
gasp

I suspect there is interference between the mini speaker and the music source. Wiring or insulation material perhaps? Have you tried moving the equipment around? SONOS are very supportive so you could call them for advice.

Rizzle
Rizzle

You are comparing a commodore Hsv SSV supercharged to a base model 6 cylinder in this case.

The playbar has more speakers,lower Hz and better response rate plus you have another speaker for the rear.
So of course you will think the speaker sound in the bedroom is less than it should,because it is!
You are best to tune the smaller speaker to your room.

Or a stereo pair of play1 will most probably suit your needs in the bedroom.

CategorySoundbars